What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Twin Peaks Season One: 

The pilot was really tough to get through and I had to read up on whether it gets better. Then I found it's deliberately like a crappy soap because those were popular at the time (and were the only nonepisodic program on TV), and that switched something in my head. But I still had to adjust to the tone and characters, as well as wrap my head around all of them, so not until Cooper's dream was I fully hooked. That, and from then on, was just awesome. Can't wait to continue, starting the S2 pilot as I write this. 

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

starting the S2 pilot as I write this. 

Shows only have one pilot (usually); that would be the season 2 premiere you're watching

18 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Master Chef! I will be audtioning in Dallas (I hope). Will know soon enough.

Good luck Joey!

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Just get into Rick & Morty instead. Itch scratched.

Rick and Morty is brilliant!

I've started rewatching Breaking Bad lately. The first season is a whole other kind of show. Really interesting watching it tap into its rhythm. 

12 minutes ago, KK said:

I've started rewatching Breaking Bad lately. The first season is a whole other kind of show. Really interesting watching it tap into its rhythm. 

I've been meaning to do this. I loved it the first time around (truly one of the best series, ever), but am wondering how high its rewatchability quotient is.

29 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Unlike Nick I dont have a single doubt thats its rewatchability quotient is high, very high.

Without a doubt. Even the first season, with its greater subtlety and forthrightness, is very enjoyable. It plays as a straight drama about a man with cancer undergoing a mid-life crisis, which makes the occasional idiosyncratic tonal twists (flying pants, bloody bathtubs, Walt's sexual re-awakening, bursts of comical vulgarity, etc) all the more delicious. Breaking Bad may not have truly found its voice until season 2, but it was pretty darn good right from the start.

95G1JfC.gif

8 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I don't think there was a single bad (sorry) episode.

Well, maybe the Rian Johnson one with the fly. Ironically, he probably directed both the best and worst episode of the series.

Yay, at last someone agrees with me about BB's boring 'bottle' episode.

Never really understood the hate that episode got. I think it's a solid hour of good character work.

succession-big.jpg

After having watched S1 i'd rate it better than after the first episode. It's a strange show for HBO in that it feels a bit timid in Trump age - an old media tycoon ails and his dysfunctional family fights for control of the empire - and the tone is not really right: with such a concept you can make it a brooding saga or a bag full of hijinks, but the show's creators wobble in-between. It's not that big a problem because the actor's are great, for the most part - i could watch David Rasche as dubious advisor for hours - and the story as such bears great potential but i sure hope they inject more snappiness in S2. 

Man in the High Castle is just offensive. It's boring as hell and utterly ridiculous. The idea that the US would lose to Japan and Germany is hardly within the realm of possibility. Hell the krauts weren't even close to developing the bomb. The Japanese were far closer and may jave succeeded with a detonation on a small island in Korea. But the worst sin of the series isn't its believability its the snails pace. 

17 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It’s called alternate history. 

wow, I have never heard of such a thing. How interesting, please tell me more

good alternative history requires a believable starting point.

The Proteus Operation would be a much better storyline

How unimaginative of you, Joe. The first season was quite a rollicking thriller once it got going, too. I never finished the second one, mind. But people I know tell me I should have stuck with it.

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Alternate history where Uncle Sam is beaten is offensive to Joe. Its un-American.

Clearly. I mean, impossible or unlikely premises are usually not a problem for Joey. 

10 hours ago, Quintus said:

How unimaginative of you, Joe. The first season was quite a rollicking thriller once it got going, too. I never finished the second one, mind. But people I know tell me I should have stuck with it.

I can't imagine Great Britain being defeated. But imagine german building the bomb is easy I suppose but they weren't even close. They were embarrassingly far away from their goal

I love Red Dawn. Stefan its still a shitty show. Its boring as Fuck. The main star is pretty though. She looks like Tom Cruises wife if MI.

9 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Just trying to highlight the fact it’s a TV show and not real life since the last time it didn’t get through. 

Wolfenstein is a game series where Nazi Germany wins WWII and occupies the U.S. Don’t tell Joe!

79F2F47E-D5EA-4105-A8CF-738D8D8E7E63.jpeg

Looks like Garbage.

The idea of Germany winning is as reasonable as saying the Dutch could win WWIi and take over the world. The idea of Japan or China or the Soviests winning is easier to imagine.

How many High Castle episodes did you manage to get through JoeinAR? It's becomes quite Indiana Jonesish espionage-y in the last few, the finale especially was very rip-roaring and wonderfully cinematic. Ah well.

I remember thinking that's why the follow-up season felt like a bit of a comedown after it, as everything suddenly slowed right down again. The great macguffin had already been dispensed with, it seemed.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

I love Red Dawn. Stefan its still a shitty show. Its boring as Fuck. The main star is pretty though. She looks like Tom Cruises wife if MI.

Looks like Garbage.

The idea of Germany winning is as reasonable as saying the Dutch could win WWIi and take over the world. The idea of Japan or China or the Soviests winning is easier to imagine.

Bla bla bla bla bla....

13 minutes ago, Quintus said:

How many High Castle episodes did you manage to get through JoeinAR? It's becomes quite Indiana Jonesish espionage-y in the last few, the finale especially was very rip-roaring and wonderfully cinematic. Ah well.

I remember thinking that's why the follow-up season felt like a bit of a comedown after it, as everything suddenly slowed right down again. The great macguffin had already been dispensed with, it seemed.

I will finish it. 

The worst thing that happened to Germany early on in the war was when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. If the US would have stayed out long enough for the Germans to invade England or at least bomb the hierarchy into dust, WWII could have turned out much differently. Oh, and invading Russia didn't help. But Germany was in a tight spot and needed to expand to seize more raw materials. It was a matter of time. 

4 hours ago, Wojism said:

The worst thing that happened to Germany early on in the war was when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. 

Wasn't that the moment America decided they can no longer stay neutral? 

Season 3 was the best season, and also the most cinematic.  There was one entire episode that was a single 45-minute-long take (faked, of course, but pulled off brilliantly) and lot of other fascinating directing throughout too.

Looking back, seasons 2&3 feel like "Act 2" of a Three Act story (with Season 1 being Act 1).  I would have expected another 2 seasons for Act 3 to wrap everything up; Hopefully season 4 does not feel rushed.