Spotify

Richard Penna

Just switches between sabers for me too.

46 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Also, it's a little bit annoying that "zero" isn't at the same starting point due to that the progress bar has to "shrink", leaving space for the saber.

IMO it's a pretty major usability thing as 'zero' is now hidden slightly behind the tip, and clicking wrongly just changes the sabre style. I never liked it.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

@Jay Thanks for the tip, but clicking the lightsaber doesn't turn it off - it just switches between different sabers. I've tried many times. I can live with it.

Hmm, I thought I recalled that after the last lightsaber, it reverted to the normal bar.  Maybe they took that out or maybe I'm remembering wrong

19 hours ago, rough cut said:

I get that it looks neat, so I totally respect anybody who thinks this is a cool feature. I just don't need that kind of branding in spotify and I almost find it invasive in my music experience, when I want to focus on the music from a music fan-perspective, rather than from a Star Wars-fan perspective.

I can understand that, but do you sit and stare at the Spotify screen when you listen to the music?

Haha, no…  If I only were to stare at the screen though, I might think it’s a cool, superficial, feature.

But sometimes, when looking for a specific cue (or moment in a cue), I jump between tracks quite rapidly and also “scan them” by clicking on the progress bar. Then it’s a bit of a distraction.

I play devil's advocate here - it doesn't really bother me as it only applies to SW,  and I don't listen to that very often.

The concept is fun in itself; I just think the execution and how it works with the rest of the interface needed a little more thought.

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2023 at 1:52 PM, Thor said:

I can understand that, but do you sit and stare at the Spotify screen when you listen to the music?

They should show Pinocchio's growing nose when playing the Pinocchio album.

14 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Anyone wants to pay more for Spotify in order to get lossless audio and AI-generated playlists?

Spotify spotted prepping a $19.99/mo ‘Superpremium’ service with lossless audio, AI playlists and more

I already have AI generated playlists in my normal subscription.  But no, I don't personally care about streaming in lossless instead of lossy

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Does anyone know how the spotify algorithm (or what it is) works and plays random pieces when you have finished playing your album?

I have no idea, but that's a feature you can turn off.  I always turn it off, because I don't want to hear anything after the album or playlist I'm playing is over.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have no idea, but that's a feature you can turn off.  I always turn it off, because I don't want to hear anything after the album or playlist I'm playing is over.

Ah,I didn't know that. Thanks.

(although sometimes I discover things - good things, I didn't know even existed..)