La-La Land announces Airplane by Elmer Bernstein!

Romão

I think I was describing its usage, whereas you defined the musical term. Coda was the word that eluded me.

Could an example of a "tag" be the musical flourish at the end of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, when the sorcerer smacks Mickey as he runs off?

Per MV, over 1500 copies of the 3000 available have already been pre-ordered.

Don't wait! Order today!

To clarify, yes I've ordered (straight from LaLa with nothing else, I have some stuff I'm picking up from Amazon tomorrow too), and no I was not naked. I just got home from work.

I've got no connection to the film, and from the samples the score sounds a bit generic, frankly. I mean well done and all, but nothing more or nothing special. This is an effect Bernstein has had on me more than once, actually - I didn't pick up Ghostbusters either.

I'll go for the Elfman instead!

I've got no connection to the film, and from the samples the score sounds a bit generic, frankly. I mean well done and all, but nothing more or nothing special. This is an effect Bernstein has had on me more than once, actually - I didn't pick up Ghostbusters either.

I'll go for the Elfman instead!

Bernstein -- generic? Hardly. His compositional voice is no less distinctive than Elfman's.

Less than 200 as of this morning.

The updates are on FSM's message board.

Thanks! ;)

EDIT: - Ordered Airplane! & Mars Attacks!

Really? I haven't received any confirmation yet and I ordered mine as soon as they were announced, but I ordered Mars Attacks too.

Really? I haven't received any confirmation yet and I ordered mine as soon as they were announced, but I ordered Mars Attacks too.

Yeah, I just got Airplane, maybe that's why it's shipping quicker.

SAE has their batch for pre-order and will be released on the 19th. Same with Mars Attacks!

I'm really not interested enough to pay $40 for these two. I already decided I wasn't going to get them awhile ago, or I would have ordered them already. I might bite on the Mars Attacks! I don't know! Lord knows I want to, but the job hunt isn't going so well and I want to save my money.

Just saw this on the FSM boards:
I heard back in early March or so that this was coming. Reportedly there is a new exec at Paramount who has changed policies, so they are now open to licensing at least some soundtracks--generally those that are uncomplicated in terms of clearances. So AIRPLANE! is not the only Paramount score coming; there's a major, much-requested one in the works.

What's the major, much-requested one?

Besides Red October and Top Gun, can i suggest Black Rain? Im' a huge fan of that score. Love the bootleg.

Yeah, those two have released RCP-related scores before. The problem is, normal audiences that are fans of popular Zimmer and co. scores aren't film score fans that would want their older scores. The LTD release of Bad Boys LaLa released hasn't even sold out yet.

Just saw this on the FSM boards:
I heard back in early March or so that this was coming. Reportedly there is a new exec at Paramount who has changed policies, so they are now open to licensing at least some soundtracks--generally those that are uncomplicated in terms of clearances. So AIRPLANE! is not the only Paramount score coming; there's a major, much-requested one in the works.

What's the major, much-requested one?

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

Judging from what MV has been saying on FSM, Star Trek scores will most likely happen in the future, but not any time soon. I wouldn't hold my breath on Star Trek V. It will probably be another major requested one.

Correct, you have to remember that other labels have issued the ST scores. So you also have to deal with Epic, Columbia/Sony, UMG/MCA, GNP Crescendo and when the time comes, Varese.

Correct, you have to remember that other labels have issued the ST scores. So you also have to deal with Epic, Columbia/Sony, UMG/MCA, GNP Crescendo and when the time comes, Varese.

Indeed, I forgot to mention that too.

;)- Airplane!

EDIT- Or I would be if I could get this bloody sticker on the top of the case off. Half of it has melded with the jewel case at a molecular level, and the rest insists on coming off in 50 little pieces.