La-La Land announces Airplane by Elmer Bernstein!

Romão

Not YET. This announcement was just made today. It'll take a while for the other sites to mobilize and get their pre-order pages established. You should be able to pre-order it from them in no time. I may order it via MovieMusic because I really won't be in a hurry, as I can't keep up with all the other goodies falling from my mailbox as it stands.

This is getting ridiculous. What a year.

"Executive in Charge of Music for Paramount Pictures: Randy Spendlove"

I guess he was ultimately the difference maker. Spendlove.

Looks tempting, the only Bernstein score that I own is Ghostbusters so I could use another one, but it already has been a very expensive year and there are a lot more cool stuff coming and with the terrible economic situation I think I'll have to pass. Did they mention how many units they're making??

Edit: ok, I already read they're making 3000, wonder how ong it'll last.

I've never ordered from Movie Music, but I hear a lot of good things... Is it possible to place a preorder on Airplane! and then a week or so later, add other titles to take advantage of the $1 shipping?

That'd be a question for Trent, he does a lot of business there.

I did have an order of three items placed already, and added a fourth disc to it and still kept the $1 shipping. I don't know if they'd do what you suggest; it really sounds like it would be taking advantage of a good thing. I do think that if you added the other two items before they actually packed your order there wouldn't be a problem, but you'd have to be psychic, know when they're getting it, or just email Peter Kelly.

Mark is right...and you can bundle orders together. I've done it before. If you want to order something now but wait to have your card charged until Airplane is released Peter will let you do that. Just place an order for both and ask him to wait to charge your card until Airplane's release.

I've been waiting for this since 1980 when I saw the film in the theatres.

There was an LP that came out but it was basically the story of Airplane with dialogue and narration. An Adult story record is what you could call it.

I can't wait to hear the love theme at the end when the choir goes off key.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this also. I just love that main title theme. I'm not sure how one would describe it...would darkly fun be an apt description?

There was an LP that came out but it was basically the story of Airplane with dialogue and narration. An Adult story record is what you could call it.

Er, how adult? :)

It took me a while to twig on, I was like "Airplane! What is that?" because in Australia it's called Flying High. I shall be picking this up and to celebrate I bought The Magnificent Seven and Stripes.

You can spend a little now, or a lot later when everything goes OOP and you realize how much you wanted it.

Alternatively, you can spend now, or nothing later when you realize it was probably a score you only thought you wanted because you'd been swept up in all the fuss and fervor of I need to get this next "must-have" limited release before it's all gone! :P

That's also true.

Airplane! is a score that I wanted badly enough that I even started to...ahem...well, the rear channels of the DVD are reasonably clean. And I own the DVD. That now won't be necessary, unless the DVD contains more music than the LaLaLand release would. I suspect the movie just has a lot of recycled cues, which the LLL would weed out. This is a must-buy for any fan of the movie or of Elmer Bernstein comedy.

Many of the tracks on the LLL release have unused music in them, so there's going to be stuff that we've never even heard before. I'd venture to say that the score proper on this release may be longer than what we hear in the film.

Yea there'll be nothing you need the DVD for after this release

I have to say that I really like the way La La Land announced this. They just waited till they were ready to announce it, then did

No "in two weeks, we'll have an announcement!" announcement, no cryptic clues sparking endless speculation threads, etc. I wish the other labels followed suit.

You can spend a little now, or a lot later when everything goes OOP and you realize how much you wanted it.

Alternatively, you can spend now, or nothing later when you realize it was probably a score you only thought you wanted because you'd been swept up in all the fuss and fervor of I need to get this next "must-have" limited release before it's all gone! :P

The last time I acted on a 'must have limited offer' I wound up with 5 cases of ShamWow in my garage.

That's why I wish Intrada would adopt that policy. I hate the guessing games.

Me too. And doesn't allow any sort of planning on money spent.

It's a serious score for a comedy.

Surely, you're not serious?

"Airplane! What is that?"

Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.