The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

It could, but there a few others it could cover as well.

I haven't been following the boards on these releases that much. But I would love a re-issue of this because I kept passing on the original Rhino 2 disc set. I think there were a few glitches on it that needed to be cleaned up.

Sorry, I misread your comments.

In all seriousness I figured it might be something FSM would tackle. I would love someone to go back and revisit some of the old Rhino albums and clean them up, like North By Northwest.

Well the 60s title should be easy to figure out:

-LP was short

-LP had dialogue

-LP had a stereo and mono version, but the stereo version was half in mono anyway

-score is "lengthy"

-"pretty important release to some of us sixties folk!"

-"Think "roadshow""

The best guesses in the Intrada thread are:

-John Barry - Zulu

-Ron Goodwin - Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines!

-Alfred Newman - How The West Was Won

I'd put my money on Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines!

No, it was the sequel, scored by Elmer Bernstein.

LaLaLand re-issued the original album to that film.

This damn theme is so catchy.

My dream 60's release would be the Bible. If only...

It will get released one of these days, if the material still exists.

I was watching the movie the other day and I was awestruck at how much and how good the missing music from the cd was. The opening sequence alone (the creation of the world), would be worth the price of the cd

I've long wanted Ron Goodwin' score To Those Magnificent Men.....

I'm tempted to get Accused, I like what I'm hearing.

Listened to the samples for Wrongfully Accused and was immediately impressed, and thought hey maybe I'll get this after all... but then the rest of the samples didn't do anything for me.... in fact it all just seemed really repetitive. So I'll be passing too.

Listened to the samples for Wrongfully Accused and was immediately impressed, and thought hey maybe I'll get this after all... but then the rest of the samples didn't do anything for me.... in fact it all just seemed really repetitive. So I'll be passing too.

That's the point.

• 2 weeks later...

Clues for the March 22nd batch:

Two Special Collection titles. One limited to 1000 copies features an early 80s score by a fairly popular composer featuring his expected, bittersweet style. The other is a sequel score, also from the early 80s, limited to 1200 units. A previous album had been released, but it was more of a best of album. This time you get the complete score. Both composers are no longer with us.

I ordered both. I wasn't sure about Flying Machines at first, but the samples sold me on it.

Stick with it, Joey. "THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES or How I Flew From London To Paris In 25 Hours and 11 Minutes" is one of Ron Goodwin's very best.

Yep, fantastic score.

As far as the clues go, the first one might be from Delerue.

And the second one, perhaps Henry Mancini.

I know a couple of the Pink Panther albums had other cues on there from the various films.

I can't think of a Poledouris album that was presented that way.

New clue: Both releases are from academy award winning composers

Intrada happily brings two more new CD releases into the world! Both are world premiere releases offering scores from the 1980's composed by Academy Award-winning composers and both feature incredibly melodious music! Hopefully many of you will include both in your libraries! Titles, artwork and audio samples will be available on our site this coming Monday eve, March 21. Orders can be placed at that time. We'll begin shipments on Tuesday, March 22. Have fun!

The Delerue CD is only 32 minutes long, 8 of which are just a Bach piece?

$20 for 26 minutes of score is crazy. Why couldn't they have paired it with something else?