The Official 2012 Thread

MSM

That's always good. I remember ID4 had that very majestic shot at the start of July 3 of the saucer hovering over destroyed New York with the Statue of Libery in the foreground. Always loved that shot.

We're probably going to go see it on Monday, I want to get it out of the way before Star Trek comes out.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're probably going to go see it on Monday, I want to get it out of the way before Star Trek comes out.

There is no flaw in this sentence. Each movie "comes out" twice. First to the theater, second on official video/DVD/Blu-Ray.

You can argue that the movie has been out on DVD ever since coming to theaters, but we shall not go there.

I had to read his review to understand just what he means by that comment. He's heaping a lot of praise onto a movie I thought was either three years too early or would end up being a waste of time. I might wait for the cheapo theater to see this.

About those Independence Day sequels... Are you fucking kidding me Roland Emmerich? I read the article yesterday, and the man is truly an awful filmmaker. Just the way he talks, he thinks like a 12 year-old. There was that article about the TV-series sequel for 2012, and he said something like, "I talked to the producer and said, maybe we should do a TV-series sequel and call it 2013!"

And now with this... "ID4-ever, Part I and II maybe?"

ID4-ever

Most retarded title for a film ever.

About those Independence Day sequels... Are you fucking kidding me Roland Emmerich? I read the article yesterday, and the man is truly an awful filmmaker. Just the way he talks, he thinks like a 12 year-old. There was that article about the TV-series sequel for 2012, and he said something like, "I talked to the producer and said, maybe we should do a TV-series sequel and call it 2013!"

And now with this... "ID4-ever, Part I and II maybe?"

ID4-ever

Most retarded title for a film ever.

Would you prefer ID4-play?

At least Bay's movies have good scores.

:):lol:ROTFLMAO

Good? Serviceable maybe, but not good.

With Emmerich, you've got scores like Independence Day, Stargate, and The Patriot. Name one Bay movie score that holds a candle.

Even if 2012 isn't the worst Emmerich movie, why see it? Seems like scraping the bottom of the barrel to me. I'd rather see, say, Where the Wild Things Are. How was that, anyway? I guess I shouldn't expect anyone to know, given that it isn't a sci-fi/action film.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to occasionally watch a film not for the performances, but for things blowing up. It's escapist entertainment, that's all.

Star Wars is definitely more than that. I wouldn't watch that film for brainless fun.

Wait. If Roland Emmerich does make an Independence Day sequel, does that mean we'll get another boring Harald Kloser score?

EW! Please, I don't care whether he can get Will Smith back or not, either get David Arnold to score this movie or don't make it at all!

If Kloser did it, he'd probably drop all of Arnold's themes, or do 3 small quotes in the whole score. And their styles are so different - Arnold's OOTP patriotism makes the movie work. Emmerich needs to make friends again.

Is it true there will be aliens involved in '2012'?

yes, they help us survive at the end.

With Emmerich, you've got scores like Independence Day, Stargate, and The Patriot. Name one Bay movie score that holds a candle.

The Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor are all better than the Kloser and Arnold crap. The Patriot is an exception, although I would take The Rock over it, and possibly Pearl Harbor.

Even if 2012 isn't the worst Emmerich movie, why see it? Seems like scraping the bottom of the barrel to me. I'd rather see, say, Where the Wild Things Are. How was that, anyway? I guess I shouldn't expect anyone to know, given that it isn't a sci-fi/action film.

Where The Wild Things Are was pretty good, but it could have been better.

The Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor are all better than Arnold crap. The Patriot is an exception, although I would take The Rock over it, and possibly Pearl Harbor.

:rolleyes:;);)ROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

The Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor are all better than the Kloser and Arnold crap. The Patriot is an exception, although I would take The Rock over it, and possibly Pearl Harbor.

I'm having flashback of the time that Qui-Gon tells Jar Jar Binks that the ability to speak does not indicate intelligence.

The Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor are all better than Arnold crap. The Patriot is an exception, although I would take The Rock over it, and possibly Pearl Harbor.

ROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

That's not funny.

It's so bad it's funny. Like most of Emmerich's movies! Unlike Bay's, which are just bad.

Emmerich's movies are too bad to be funny. They're just awful films. Bay has some appalling work, but The Rock and Bad Boys are exceptional action films.

Steve Jablonsky would have elevated Stargate and Independence Day to the next level like David Arnold never could.

The Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor are all better than the Kloser and Arnold crap.

Fuck me Koray, you don't do yourself any favours around here when you spout complete bollocks like above.

Incidentally, I thought the score to 2012 was servicable and nothing more. Generic and predictable throughout, like the movie... which I really enjoyed. Found it to be very amusing in places too, in a good way. Unlike my girlfriend, who though it was absolutely hilarious.

I do miss Arnold though, in some ways he was the best thing about ID4

Holy cow Koray, are you serious? Transformers better than ID4?

For sheer entertainment and adrenaline I'd take The Rock over some Williams scores, but Pearl Habour over The Patriot? Umm:

office%2Bspace.png

"I'm gonna have to go ahead and.. disagree with you."

2012 actually turned out to be a good, exciting movie. Really cheesey and phoney, but just a lot of fun!!

I think we got exactly what I expected.

A little story, a few ensemble moments, and lots of kick-ass VFX.

A lot of fun, but not much beyond that.