What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Has a proper (good) lightsaber mod made it's way to Skyrim yet?  Fallout 3 had an excellent mod for that.

Have you tried Magicka Sabers? It's at Nexus Mods. It's corny to watch the Dragonborn sheath such a weapon onto the back fully lit, at which point it retracts, just as if it were a steel sword, as opposed to clipping the hilt onto the belt, but oh well.

Playing the Destiny alpha.

It feels like a retail build by most other devs standards. That's Bungie for you. The campaign and co-op feel brimming with potential and will probably do well. LOVE DAT BUNGIE AI.

Visuals are detailed and quite handsome but the 30fps undermine the aesthetic considerably, imo.

PvP is interesting and decent; but it will flop. Imagine they locked Titanfall to 30fps on PC and Xbox One and that's exactly what you have here. It's a fast as fuck multiplayer dragged down to last generation visual processing standards and it wrecks it. What's particularly baffling is the blatant fact that these compact PvP maps could have easily targeted 60fps and hit it, but Bungie have opted for package parity and so that's PvP fucked. Just you watch.

Battlefield 4 looks better and runs better - and for many potential buyers it's trendy games like that which are the visual/feel benchmark, especially for 'casuals'.

In PvP they need to unlock dat frame rate quick smart or Destiny will be hobbled right out the gate. Destiny be doomed.

As it is, I'm gonna have to buy an Xbone after all. Halo will probably be better for competitive multiplayer. Which is annoying, tbh.

Also, KM, the PS TV will let you play Vita games on your TV.

hmm, but it's unclear how exactly

Is it all games?

Do you also need a Vita device?

Is it just some downloadable titles?

WiiU is getting some games I'd like to play like Xenoblade Chronicles X and an open world Zelda

Oh you definitely need the device and the games. I imagine it's the opposite of Remote Play. You're essentially streaming the game onto your big screen and playing it with a DualShock 3.

It's essentially the cost of another console ($200 for the Vita and $99 for the PSTV), but if you're that interested in all the Japanese RPGs available for the Vita and don't want to settle for the handheld screen then it might be a worthy investment.

I'll get a PS4 later this year, or when the first "slim version" comes out

I still have a lot of games to complete on PS3/Xbox360 .I also want titles for PS4 I want to accumulate a bit and the prices of those games to be low when I get to buying them

Ah, I didn't see that, it's not on the main page of the app. Deceptive kinda. I wouldn't be opposed to a factory refurbished game console because they get 100% inspection, when new items may only get sample inspections, leading to DOA items. I have a refurbished Harmony remote that works well. But I wouldn't get refurbished computer hardware because.... I don't really know why.

You're still probably gonna get full 1080p, better lighting and shadows as well as other subtle enhancements (HBAO, high quality anisotropic filtering) on the PS4 compared to the original version of the game.

That'd be cool actually. Titanfall is coming to PS4 eventually btw.

I've finally gotten around to starting State of Decay (PC). Seems decent, a proper Walking Dead survival management game.

From what I understand, Titanfall is an Xbox exclusive, but the sequels will be multi-plat. Kinda like what they did with Mass Effect, though the original did eventually make its way to PlayStation regardless.

I'm expecting a 30fps lock on PS4 version so I'll probably get the PC version instead (if it's well optimised).

Same here, I already completed it on PS3. Awesome game in every respect, best GTA to date, but to play it on PC with the inevitable mods and graphical upgrades will be spectacular.

Going through Watch Dogs on PS4 at the moment. Similar as GTA in many ways, but also different. The various mini games keep me interested while the storyline does not. I've yet to complete Act 1 and I've already clocked in more than 10 hours in the singleplayer, just exploring, collecting and unlocking. One thing I love about WD in how it's so well integrated into the singleplayer portion is the online aspect. If you desire you can at anytime get an invite for an online mission, or get 'invaded' by a hacker who you have to immediatly dispose of (or at least try to). It keeps an element of surprise to the game. Visually the world is very appealing and detailed, but I would've loved to play this in 60fps.

I'm a PC gamer at heart btw, but I dig my consoles too for the exclusives and ease of use.

Oh, does he have one too?

I do not! I'll likely get an Xbox One once they're no longer the shiny, expensive new thing, if only to be able to play the inevitable Elder Scrolls VI. I'm a bit turned off by Bungie after the Marty debacle, so I won't be needing it for Destiny anymore anyway.

Oh, does he have one too?

I do not! I'll likely get an Xbox One once they're no longer the shiny, expensive new thing, if only to be able to play the inevitable Elder Scrolls VI. I'm a bit turned off by Bungie after the Marty debacle, so I won't be needing it for Destiny anymore anyway.

Destiny still has his music though?

Possibly a principles thing?

His music was quite good in the alpha btw.

Destiny the game is going to be hugely popular. But I'll probably wait for it to come to PC.

Speaking of Destiny, I had one of those extremely rare gaming "moments" while playing the alpha. I experienced something new - a rarity these days.

While exploring the large world and carrying out missions I was enjoying the feel of solo play in Bungie's long in the making new universe and lore. It felt recognisably assured and ultra polished, as expected. Then, when I encountered a large battle against the smart AI in a big open area and began my assault, I was suddenly surprised to see a number of other real players already engaging the hostiles from an entirely different flank than my own. It was cool as fuck! And beautifully seamless. I didn't even realise till that moment I was in an emergent online environment in which player paths can cross. I genuinely believed I was playing alone and offline till then! The discovery felt like this great new thing in games - to be alone exploring the deep caverns and haunted abandoned underground stations and then a few beats later finding oneself a part of a live skirmish with other players... it's going to be a game changer in the console space.

So yeah, we teamed up, beat the grunts and smashed the really tough boss together, scavenging the left overs for loot; before parting our separate ways and going it alone again in this vast place - all completely seamlessly.

Brilliant.

As far as this game is concerned anyone who purposely disables online integration is a backwards thinking retard. In fact they should make it impossible to opt out of this great new frontier in fps adventuring altogether.

Ok yeah, that does sound really cool and exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for from the game. I'm soured by their treatment of Marty (I am of course assuming he was in the right), but it would be nice to still play the game.

New X-Box ad with Aaron Paul has the unfortunate effect of making him look like a bit of a tool, particularly the 'YO!' with which he answers his mobile at the end :rolleyes: .

I'm pretty sure the "yo" is a nod to one of Jesse's signature lines.

You didn't know about that, Lee? It was the highlight of their E3 demo last year. I have the alpha but haven't played it yet.

The Battlefield: Hardline beta feels like a weird combination of Need For Speed and typical BF. I don't think I'll get it right away.

You didn't know about that, Lee? It was the highlight of their E3 demo last year. I have the alpha but haven't played it yet.

Yeah I knew the pitch, but it doesn't really mean anything until you actually experience it, the seamlessness of it. And I just assumed I was playing the offline campaign, which added to the surprise (and awesomeness ;))

Speaking of Destiny, I had one of those extremely rare gaming "moments" while playing the alpha. I experienced something new - a rarity these days.

While exploring the large world and carrying out missions I was enjoying the feel of solo play in Bungie's long in the making new universe and lore. It felt recognisably assured and ultra polished, as expected. Then, when I encountered a large battle against the smart AI in a big open area and began my assault, I was suddenly surprised to see a number of other real players already engaging the hostiles from an entirely different flank than my own. It was cool as fuck! And beautifully seamless. I didn't even realise till that moment I was in an emergent online environment in which player paths can cross. I genuinely believed I was playing alone and offline till then! The discovery felt like this great new thing in games - to be alone exploring the deep caverns and haunted abandoned underground stations and then a few beats later finding oneself a part of a live skirmish with other players... it's going to be a game changer in the console space.

So yeah, we teamed up, beat the grunts and smashed the really tough boss together, scavenging the left overs for loot; before parting our separate ways and going it alone again in this vast place - all completely seamlessly.

Brilliant.

As far as this game is concerned anyone who purposely disables online integration is a backwards thinking retard. In fact they should make it impossible to opt out of this great new frontier in fps adventuring altogether.

This post has convinced me to get Destiny when it's out. Sounds like it will be an incredible game.

Makes me think about Journey and how that one completely floored me when I realized that wasn't an NPC in the distance, but a real person.

Nah, I was already going to get it simply because it's Bungie. And I'm beyond happy they decide to release it on the PS4.