What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Well at least the viewing public wasn't blind to appreciate a terrific looking film. :rolleyes:

To me it's all about the execution. Cameron cares about his films, he wanted to blow peoples' minds and he succeeded.

Yes, he blew people's mind so hard that they ended up out of it and thought the film was groundbreaking.

Well, I've seen every featurette and making of documentary on the Avatar special edition blu-ray, and let me tell you, the technology created to to make this film is nothing short of groundbreaking.

And what we got on screen succeeded my wildest expectations. And half the planet's. And all that in picture-perfect 3D. :)

Complete with stupid crew-cut marines as doofus heroes. You can love form over content but you can't ignore content completely and whatever achievement AVATAR is in form, the content is reactionary bullshit that certainly didn't succeed the 'wildest expectations' of anyone over 12. Or better make that: it would be sad if it did.

Why?

if you ask me, although there are few exceptions, on the whole we're evil...

No, it's not that people on the whole are evil, it's only a select few, but they can do great evil to many.

And yes, Schindler's List is a reminder to the leaders of the world to not let something like that happen again.

But right now not too many leaders have watched this film, and learned from it.

Schindler's List

No words... I'm a total wreck..

about the score: I may love E.T. and think that it's the best score ever written overall, but this is sublime too!

I pardon you.

A Single Man: A very impressive debut film. The film could be a companion piece for the Mad Men series. In fact, for those who pay attention or are good at recognizing voices, Don Draper is in the movie! Everything looks beautiful and perfect in A Single Man. Whether this has to do with the outlook of the main character or rather with the director (a fashion designer), I still don't have a clue. Anyway, I'm not sure why Tom Ford hasn't made another movie since then. He should because he's got the talent. 7/10

download_zps19b83c44.jpg

Alex

I admit that when I first saw it I expected something more of the film..

Nevertheless it's a quite good film and the score is magnificent!

I consider the theme in the 5 best musical themes post 2000.

Name it, it's all very good: The acting, the dialog, the (simple) story, the look of the film, the score, the universal theme of love... I can't find anyting bad to say about it but somehow I'm not that touched by it. But it's impressive ...

Rewatching it made me appreciate the film a little bit more ...

What would be the other 4?

Just quickly thinking:

-Hedwig's theme

-Monica's theme (A.I.)

-Sayuri's theme

and maybe one from LOTR trilogy?

I'm not so aquainted with the scores..

Name it, it's all very good: The acting, the dialog, the (simple) story, the look of the film, the score, the universal theme of love... I can't find anyting bad to say about it but somehow I'm not that touched by it. But it's impressive ...

Rewatching it made me appreciate the film a little bit more ...

I've seen it twice.

But before I see it, I was expecting to not stop crying (since I'm very sensitive in drama films). But i didn't cry once..

Maybe it was the over-stylization?

Oh, I don't think it's that kind of movie. It's all very understated and not exacty playing the tearjerker card. But you can be touched or moved by a movie without bursting into tears.

Oh, I don't think it's that kind of movie. It's all very understated and not exacty playing the tearjerker card. But you can be touched or moved by a movie without bursting into tears.

Indeed. It's a very understated affair, but a poignant look at a man's life, and in that sense it is touching. But it's not going to break you down or anything.

Indeed. It's a very understated affair, but a poignant look at a man's life, and in that sense it is touching. But it's not going to break you down or anything.

yes, I thought it was a tear-jerker.

That's why I said I expected more..

I didn't expect it to be so restrained..

Yeah, I understand that.

But I was already told earlier what kind of movie it'd be, so I had a better idea of what to expect.

120412_MOV_CabinWoods.jpg.CROP.rectangle

Cabin In The Woods

Eh, I didn't care for it. I really admire the idea behind it, and it had some good parts and sequences... and I really admire the ending, especially the final shot. But there where too many stupid parts, namely

Why would there be a single button that lets all the monsters out?

I get it was all supposed to be satire, etc, but it just didn't come together for me, and it's nothing I'll need to see again.

I actually liked Julyan's score, though.