What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

nothing short of torture could get to ever watch another episode of that tv series.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is an effing brilliant show!

Anyway, I watched Fellowship Of The Ring on BluRay on a brand new HD TV. My 7 year old sister wanted to watch with me, and I didn't realise until now how scary this movie can actually be to some.

I'm going to watch Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the 1932 Frederick March Oscar winning version.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is an effing brilliant show!

Anyway, I watched Fellowship Of The Ring on BluRay on a brand new HD TV. My 7 year old sister wanted to watch with me, and I didn't realise until now how scary this movie can actually be to some.

For a 7 year old, I'm sure it can indeed be a little too intense.

So, is the green filter thingy annoying, or did you not even notice it?

What green filter? I guess that answers the question.

The EE of FOTR is tinted green when compared to the TC of FOTR, at least on blu ray

Yep. See the video below (the EE is on the left, the TC on the right).

And here are some comparison screenshots:

http://screenshotcom...on.php?id=58440

http://screenshotcom...on.php?id=59846

http://screenshotcom...on.php?id=59783

Only that one?

Yep. Not that you care, though.

It looked much better before the green tint. I wish TTT and ROTK weren't tinted as strongly too. New Zealand is beautiful, no need to take that unnecessary step to make it extra other-wordly, its already in a class of its own

What do you mean, like the trailers? Looked fine I guess, I mean when everything is cut quick for a trailer you don't really notice. Plus I haven't watched any of the trailers over and over or anything

It looked much better before the green tint. I wish TTT and ROTK weren't tinted as strongly too. New Zealand is beautiful, no need to take that unnecessary step to make it extra other-wordly, its already in a class of its own

Maybe not to the filmmaker, although I'm not sure the change of hue is intentional since it only concerns the first movie. This lack of consistency seems pretty odd to me.

Alex

Maybe not to the filmmaker, although I'm not sure the change of hue is intentional since it only concerns the first movie. This lack of consistency seems pretty odd to me.

Alex

No you don't get it, first he released FOTR in 2001 without much tinting, then the EE of FOTR in 2002 was also not heavily tinted. Then all versions of TTT were tinted, then all versions of ROTK were tinted. Now in 2011 he finally brought FOTR in line with the other two, at least on the blu ray of the EE, by tinting it. I would have preferred if all the films did not have the excessive tinting.

No you don't get it, first he released FOTR in 2001 without much tinting, then the EE of FOTR in 2002 was also not heavily tinted. Then all versions of TTT were tinted, then all versions of ROTK were tinted. Now in 2011 he finally brought FOTR in line with the other two, at least on the blu ray of the EE, by tinting it. I would have preferred if all the films did not have the excessive tinting.

Yep, you lost me.

I attributed the tinting in TTT and ROTK to exaggerate the desolation of the ruined landscapes and despair that our heroes feel as they near Mordor. But locations like Hobbiton and Rivendell should not have been tinted. They should seem happier and more colorful in respect, before the Quest begins. Apparently GL thought otherwise.

Yep, you lost me.

How did I lose you?

FOTR was not tinted theatrically in 2001. It was not tinted when the EE first appeared on DVD in 2002.

TTT was always tinted, theatrically in 2002 and EE in 2003.

ROTK was always tinted, theatrically in 2003 and EE in 2004.

When the theatrical trilogy premiered on blu ray in 2010, FOTR was still not tinted.

When the EEs premiered on blu ray in 2011, FOTR suddenly was tinted.

Do you follow me now?

I saw The Hunger Games on Friday. I didn't like it, it wasn't directed well. Too many close-ups and shaky-cam. Also they didn't explain the world at all, I saw it with 5 friends and we were all confused and didn't understand why things happened, we kept asking my GF (the only one who had read the book) what was going on. Even beyond that it just wasn't a very exciting movie, nothing really happened. Its 2 hours 20 minutes long, and the first literally HALF of the movie is setup, the games don't finally start until around 1 hour 10 minutes in. And even then, the main character spends most of the time strapped to a tree sleeping. Meh.

I've mostly just been watching Doctor Who episodes.

I did watch Super 8 two Fridays ago. It was all right. And I watched The Prophecy about two weeks before that. It was ok, I guess.

The Hunger Games ... I didn't like it .... they didn't explain the world at all.

Sigh!

Please Wojo, explain to Jason why worlds can have their own logic without any need of explanation.

Alex

anyone watched a movie lately?

Too busy with watching Boardwalk Empire S2 and after that Breaking Bad S4 and after that Mad Men S5. Tell me when it's time for The Master, Amour, Killing Them Softly and Man Of Steel.

Jason needs a title card at the beginning of a film, like in Star Wars. Or a narrator.

Strangely enough, somehow The Hunger Games reminded of the moviemaking of the '70s. I guarantee the sequel will be fast paced and overexplanatory.

The Master has been out for several weeks, but youre too involved in your soaps so you must have missed it.

Jason needs a title card at the beginning of a film, like in Star Wars. Or a narrator.

The movie had both! The opening title cards were ridiculous too

I don't like soaps.

you love Mad Men, therefore you like soaps, or that soap.

I can imagine it comes across as a soap for those who miss the sophistication to enjoy the show. I mean, sure, we are friends, but you never struck me as a sophisticated viewer, Joey. ;) Stick to NCIS and the likes. Tip: You might also enjoy Blue Bloods. Have you seen it already?

I can imagine it comes across as a soap for those who miss the sophistication to enjoy the show. I mean, sure, we are friends, but you never struck me as a sophisticated viewer, Joey. ;) Stick to NCIS and the likes.

I never watched NCIS sorry.

but you watch a soap, Mad Men is a serial drama with stock character, stock situations, therefore a soap. I get that in your world smoking is probably considered sophisticated, but in the US it's just a filthy habit.

The Master has been out for several weeks

Not in Belgium.

True. Not sure if it will hit the theaters over here. It doesn't matter, I'm waiting for the Blu-ray anyway. The public here is extremely rude. They eat candy out of crispy bags. They also explain the plot to each other or talk about stuff and shit.

PTA's only made one movie I didn't like (that I've seen). Ridley Scott's only made 3 movies I loved (that I've seen)

I love all of PTA's movies but I haven't seen his debut film. I only love Ridley Scott's first three movies. His others range from bad to okay (or good).

PTA films I liked:

Boogie Nights

Magnolia

There Will Be Blood

I did not like Punch Drunk Love, I never saw Hard Eight and haven't seen The Master yet

Ridley Scott films I love:

Alien

Blade Runner

Other movies of his I've seen are Legend (meh), Thelma and Louise (remember liking it at the time, haven't seen it since), Gladiator (meh), Hannibal (awful), Black Hawk Down (meh), Matchstick Men (great!), Kingdom Of Heaven (meh, but I've only seen the theatrical cut), Body Of Lies (meh), Prometheus (aweful).

I've never seen The Duellists, Someone To Watch Over Me, Black Rain, 1492, White Squall, GI Jane, A Good Year, American Gangster, or Robin Hood.

For me it's official now, I prefer The Duellists over Barry Lyndon, the film that inspired Scott. Soon the blu-ray will be available. Get it!

And Hannibal, seen from a certain perspective is great fun. Just ask Quint.

Agreed on Legend. It does have some great visuals (especially during the first hour) but it's far from being a good movie.

Punch-Drunk Love might actually be my favorite PTA movie.

You don't miss anything by not having seen Someone To Watch Over Me, Black Rain, 1492, White Squall, GI Jane, A Good Year, American Gangster, or Robin Hood.

Alex

Hannibal is a terrible movie, and yet it is facinating to watch.

Jodie Foster might have saved it.