The Mark Olivarez Appreciation Thread

Hlao-roo

I shall play a sad Schindler's List violin tune in memory of our dear friend's passing from this forum to that place where loved and respected posters go. Oh, un-loved and un-respected posters go there too, but nobody notices because nobody ever misses them.

:nopity:

Mark will be missed, and this forum has died a bit because of it, and if more of us wake up tomorrow and just delete our accounts because he's gone, well, no one can blame us.

And now I shall drink a Dos Equis or two, because if there's one thing Mark taught me, it's to stay thirsty.

:drunk:

Mark is one of those rare JWfan posters whose posts I never skip. So without him, none of you have a prayer!

I dunno, I'd never leave a forum I like outright. There's no rule saying you have to be either a fulltime poster or don't post at all. These days, I have my moments where I'll splurge one or a few posts at a time and then not be seen again for weeks. I'd keep my account open just in case I wish to pop in for a cameo once in a blue moon.

It's always sad when we lose a member. Hopefully Mark you will eventually change your mind and come back, or at least pop on every once a while.

You've always been fun to chat with here on the board. I never recalled ever really getting into an argument with you. Either way it's definitely sad to see JWFAN lose one of it's fine members.

If you end up disappearing for good you will be missed.

There's one board I visit that I use to be a regular poster and a moderator to (FX Sabers) but in the last couple of years I've basically dropped off from it. I still glance on there every once in a while to see what's been going on. Maybe post if I find something worthy to reply too.

As I said hopefully you won't end up quitting all together, just be one who posts on occasion.

I used to hate Mark (for various reasons), but eventually I have come to . . . well, maybe not love, but at least to like him. :)

Well, even if he doesn't moderate anymore, I hope he will post every now and then, contribute to the board. Especially with two new JW scores coming soon.

When did this board get filled with drama queens...? :(

He, he...

MARK OLIVAREZ SUCKS!!

Better? ;)

Seriously, Mark has had more than the occasional dig at me (esp. over the C&C issue), but he's a good guy and longtime co-member on various fora. If I remember correctly, he goes back as long as I do in various film music fora.

I think we should sticky this thread just so every member ever has the opportunity to chirp in with their farewells. Put up a link to it on the main page as well.

• 2 years later...

I know I'm behind the times, but, so long, Mark-O! I suppose all good things must come to an end. (And if you ever decide to "un-guest" yourself, by all means.)

• 2 weeks later...

Mark was a great admin and I am sincere about that.

He's a lover of film music, John Williams, and trains. Lets hope his time away is great for him.

what is gaol? Not being a spelling Nazi, just not sure of the word (is it a slang for hell?). at the point of Carrie's revenge you was probably insane and not using good judgement, especially in the first version. Otherwise she would not have killed Ms. Collins.

Someone called me a nazi just because I thought Carrie should be in gaol for killing her defenceless schoolmates. I couldn't see the connection. It's a pejorative that's thrown around without much thought!

I don't think that's what Stefan meant...the last pope was literally a member of Hitler Youth (granted, he was like 12).

If I recall correctly, there's some debate over whether he joined at the age where it was compulsory or not. Either way he was young, if you're going to criticize him for decision he made, better pick a decision made in his adult life.