RIP Ray Bradbury

Romão

They both occurred at 10:47 am. That's time, not date.

I was not talking about the time. I was talking about the date. If I wanted to talk about the time, I would have used the word "time". Deal with it.

a) The mods will combine them when they smell what's going on.

2) If I wanted to pad my post count, I would play a word game in Other Topics.

NO! :(

I know he lived a pretty long life, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was a great man, a wonderful and imaginative writer, and someone I had hoped to possibly meet someday. :( He will be missed and always remembered.

Was introduced to "The Illustrated Man" as a set work for English at school....never looked back - always been thrilled by his work. very sad day.

He was my favorite writer in high school. It's unfortunate Frank Darabont was never able to get his adaptation of Fahrenheit 451 off the ground. He said he'd only keep trying as long as Bradbury was alive to see it.

RIP

I've never read anything by him, but he's always been a familiar name to me. We watched Fahrenheit 451 in school (though I barely remember it), and I've always liked his Moby-Dick screenplay adaptation. And of course there are several Goldsmith scores we got from movie versions of his writings. Not to forget Christus Apollo - time to dig that out again.

This was a shock. He was one of my favourite authors. I got hooked when I read Fahrenheit 451 in high school. My favourite Bradbury book is Dandelion Wine. So long, Ray. You'll be missed.

RIP. Ray Barnsbury was always a great poster even if he didn't post much lately

Is this the first member of JWfan that dies?

I don't care what anyone tells you, km, you're pretty funny.

Especially when you don't read threads or news to know what's going on!

I had no clue this legend still lived with us. We have lost one of the greats today..,