BloodBoal

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not jerry, it's not james, it Perry

I'll only vote for Lotr over Giacchino's Star Trek in case you want to do a poll on that Blood Boal,

Basil the Barbarian by Conan Poledouris.

Karol

you mean Rosemary the Barbarian, by Garfunkel Poledouris

LOTR:

LeBlanc

:up:

I'm looking forward to the new Intrada 3CD Conan so I can finally see what all the fuss is about with this score

I've seen each of the movies one time each. I've heard the theme a million times, mostly on Kunzel's Great Fantasy Adventure Album. I think I've listened to the OST and the Re-Recording of the first score one time each, but I wasn't giving it my full attention either time. Now I'm just waiting for the Intrada edition before diving in again.

I have a lot of unlistened-to music in my home, and a lot of times I put it on while doing things around the house or working. Otherwise I'd never get to it all

I greatly enjoy Poledouris' scores to Starship Troopers and Robocop, and fully expect to love CTB and CTD once I start listening to them. I'd like to see the films again sometime too

Surprise surprise Lord of the Rings for me. Conan the Barbarian is a fantastic score though and my appreciation of it has grown in the recent years thanks to the re-recordings of both of Poledouris' scores.

But what madness has gripped the MB with all these insanely inane polls? Is there is a fear of LotR/Shore faction coup or something? Or is there such a faction even in existence? Because it seems some members seem to think so.

But what madness has gripped the MB with all these insanely inane polls? Is there is a fear of LotR/Shore faction coup or something? Or is there such a faction even in existence? Because it seems some members seem to think so.

I unabashedly love the LOTR scores to a crazy degree. That does not change the fact that John Williams is my absolute favorite artist of all time one iota.

state what you mean Stefancos.

is your 30 year love affair with Basil's masterpiece surpassed by your LOTR love?

LOTR:

KK

I love Conan, but I guess my choice was pretty obvious. Both scores are representative of the heights of fantasy scoring, but LotR took it to another level.

state what you mean Stefancos.

is your 30 year love affair with Basil's masterpiece surpassed by your LOTR love?

he's getting old, so he prefers younger companions for his pleasure...

The LOTR scores are great and in some ways rarely matched by other scores... but I can't not vote for Poledouris here.

Yes, Jerry writes nice music doesn't he?

JOHN Shore????

Are you really serious with this thread? I'm not sure which is more of a joke. This thread or you for posting it.

Since it seems to be the time for LOTR polls, here is another one!

Two great scores, two of the biggest (if not THE biggests) scores for fantasy films.

On one side, you have Poledouris' Conan The Barbarian, which is full of testosterone, yet wit and lyricism as well.

On the other side, Shore's sophisticated and intellectual, yet deeply emotional score for LOTR.

Who will you stand with?

Choose now, or feel the Wrath of Crom (or Melkor's) !

I have a lot of unlistened-to music in my home, and a lot of times I put it on while doing things around the house or working.

yeah and dont you sporadically start humming cues or conducting the air?

If not then you really dont pay attention to the music :P

I'll only vote for Lotr over Giacchino's Star Trek in case you want to do a poll on that Blood Boal,

I'm fairly sure I read in another thread that you've never heard any of LotR :ph34r:

Anyway... LotR all the way!

I'm fairly sure I read in another thread that you've never heard any of LotR :ph34r:

Anyway... LotR all the way!

you may have read that I have not heard any of the LOTR music outside the films, but I've seen the films and ROTK several times.

Well I've briefly contemplated this on the Tree of Woe, chomped on a vulture, been resurrected during a night ritual, gave a camel a right hook and have decided in no time at all that for me Conan the Barbarian by Poledouris wins this little competition. I base that on enjoying every track of Conan the Barbarian, whereas although I love certain sections of the LOTR scores, there is a lot of it that doesn't grab me.

Conan the Barbarian as a score, is so neatly arranged to be a great listening experience.

As for those who voted for LOTR, I say - "Infidels!...they shall all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will learn why they fear the night"