Will you listen to the Hobbit score before seeing the film?

tannhauser

Will you listen to the Hobbit score before seeing the film?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will you listen to the Hobbit score before seeing the film?

• Yes, but just once.
    • Yes, repeatedly!
    • No.
    • No, not even track samples!
    • I'll try not to, but probably fail.

I'm really looking forward to this film, more than I've ever looked forward to any other film. And I want to walk into that theater having never heard a note of the score, and experience the whole thing as a complete package. I also want to have the visual association with the music the first time I listen to the soundtrack, as opposed to having pre-conceived notions of the film before I see it.

But that's just me. I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts.

Why not? The bulk anyway I would hear in the film for the first time, but I don;'t mind hearing a couple of tracks here and there.

Yes, but I won't listen to track samples; I'll wait for the album to hear any of the music.

I will be seeing the film, maybe even more than once, but I'm much more excited about the score.

I'm listening to the samples the second they are available, and listening to the OST the second I can as well. By the time I see the film I'll probably be crazily familiar with all the music

I don't really care that much about the film (or even at all). I just want a new a new Middle Earth-inspired Howard Shore score.

Really?

I'm looking forward to see the film and I'm sure Shore's music will be perfect for it.

Probably never gonna listen the score without the film though.

Something needs to kick-start my hype for these films so yeah, I'll listen to it.

I don't know what's wrong with me, seriously. I was always a rabid nutter with the LotR films.

I thought you were pretty pumped for the Hobbit films too.

I'm gonna listen to it once before seeing the film... but the thought of me walking into the theater not having heard anything of the score is tempting... imagine the excitement. I hope I change my mind.

no, not interested. Will see the movie because it will be the event movie of the week.

I'll never understand that rationale.

"I don't want to see it but since everybody else is seeing it, I feel compelled to as well so that I may legitimately discuss it and describe precisely why I did not like it because I know that I will."

Of course, your money and three hours are yours to do with as you see fit.

I never implied that I would not like it. I thought LOTR FOTR was a good movie, I thought LOTR TTT was a very mediocre film, I thought LOTR ROTK was a great movie. I simply do not get the love for the scores though. I'm more interested in seeing the Hobbit for techincal reasons than anything else, to see what PJ has developed.

I just like the idea of discovering all the new themes at once. Plus, I find that once I start listening to an odd track here and there, I keep listening to more.

I do feel the same for JW material...in this case however I am neutral towards the score.

I listened to the Radagast track, and I won't be able to resist samples, but I don't want to become too familiar with it. The soundtrack comes out only a few days earlier than the movie, anyway, so I can wait until after seeing it, since I'll definitely be going opening day. Even if it leaks on YouTube, I'd probably just give a listen to the tracks that people are getting the most excited over.

Funny, a few days ago, I swore to myself that I would not listen to the score before having seen the movie.

But as soon as the Radagast piece surfaced, I was instantly like "Jesus, let me hear this NOW!"

So that should be the answer to the question.

I'm all for it actually - more Shore music is always a good thing, plus we'll get those revised pieces on the eventual CR, plus the unused alternate versions now. Its win win.

Unless between now and November 28 PJ commissions some revised pieces for the film

Does he have enough time to dismiss Shore and hire JNH?

JNH wrote the score for KIng Kong in 2 weeks...4 weeks is plenty of time for last minute replacements!