John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

Well what I propose is that I find two different restaurants, one for Friday and one for Saturday, that are both near symphony hall, able to accommodate large parties, and have a wide enough menu that people of different tastes will be able to find something they like.

I just need to know how many people are interesting in going to each day to plan properly!

Here's my initial stab at it based on the last page or so of discussion. Please let me know of any corrections!

Friday
Jason and Marcy
Ren and Dan
Stefancos
TOTAL - 5
Saturday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
TOTAL - 8
Not sure if coming to dinner or not - or which day - or how many guests they have
Foxfan
JWFangirl1992
dfenton85
Smeltington
rpvee
obiwan71

Well what I propose is that I find two different restaurants, one for Friday and one for Saturday, that are both near symphony hall, able to accommodate large parties, and have a wide enough menu that people of different tastes will be able to find something they like.

I just need to know how many people are interesting in going to each day to plan properly!

Here's my initial stab at it based on the last page or so of discussion. Please let me know of any corrections!

Friday
Jason and Marcy
Ren and Dan
Stefancos
TOTAL - 5
Saturday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
TOTAL - 8
Not sure if coming to dinner or not - or which day - or how many guests they have
Foxfan
JWFangirl1992
dfenton85
Smeltington
rpvee
obiwan71

Do you plan this dinner before or after the shows? I am asking because I would like to wait for John after the show for some signatures :)

BEFORE the shows. I of course will be outside waiting for signatures as well after the shows!

To be honest, I wasn't especially shocked by restaurant prices when I visited last year. I think you'll have a wide range of options like in other big cities.

As for the gathering, I'm in for the Saturday meetup. I'll be arriving in Boston at 12:45 PM that day. No one else is coming.

I'll be going to the Saturday concert and would love to meet up for dinner. I'll be arriving to Boston on Thursday evening so I'll be available for dinner on either the Friday or Saturday. No guests.

I'll be going to the Saturday concert and would love to meet up for dinner. I'll be arriving to Boston on Thursday evening so I'll be available for dinner on either the Friday or Saturday. No guests.

Gee wiz, weren't you just in the US (attending a Williams concert, among other things). What are you, made of money? ;)

Gee wiz, weren't you just in the US (attending a Williams concert, among other things). What are you, made of money? ;)

I was last in the US in 2011 to attend his New York concert.

hammond.jpg

Nah, he's not. Tim B's alter ego in this board is mahler3.

Karol

Ah, you're right. Sorry about that, dfenton....confused you with someone else.

KingPin American

Foxfan Kanadian

JWFangirl1992 American

dfenton85

Smeltington

Stefancos Dutch

Ren American

Joe Brausam American

rpvee American

obiwan71 French

Jason LeBlanc American

Josefsuma Czech

Would this be accurate?

I'll come and be the superior Englishman.

Anybody else have an update for me on which dinner you would like to attend and if you'll have any guests?

Friday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
dfenton85
Ren and Dan
TOTAL - 6
Saturday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
dfenton85
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
obiwan71

TOTAL - 10

Foxfan
JWFangirl1992
Smeltington
rpvee

Walking around Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market is always nice, always something different to see, plus a wide variety of different shops.

If you could go to the North End for dinner and/or dessert that's where the best food is at (assuming you like Italian)

If you want to see the city, you can take a Duck Tour

Anywhere in the city will be expensive... You can use priceline to try to find a deal. Since I live so close I've never actually stayed in a Boston hotel so I don't really have any experience. Will you be driving down? Joe Brausam found a good hotel in Waltham, he posted about it on one of the previous pages.

Urgh serves me right for trying to compose a question minutes after waking up.

Doesn't answer the question though....

That is the definition of Dutch.

You and I have very different definitions of what "going Dutch" is! ;)

At the dinner you can pass the Dutchie and maybe have some Dutch treat.....if you play your cards right! ;)

So I am the only one coming alone on both dinners?

Shit, I gotta find me a date! ;)

If I could, I'd come up for you Steef.

;)

Here is the latest update to who I know is going to dinner when

Friday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
dfenton85
Ren and Dan
TOTAL - 6
Saturday
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
dfenton85
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
obiwan71

TOTAL - 10

Going to Tuesday show only
rpvee
Foxfan
JWFangirl1992
Smeltington
Does anyone have any further updates for me?

~~~

For Friday dinner I suggest the six of us go to The Pour House

http://www.pourhouseboston.com/

907 Boylston Street #21
Boston, MA 02115

It's about a 15 minute walk from it to Symphony Hall

For the big Saturday dinner, I suggest Uno Chicago Grill, which is right next to Symphony Hall.

http://www.unos.com/

280 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
It's not a fabulous restaurant by any stretch of the imagination, but it has a large menu that anyone can find something to eat on, and they they accommodate large parties very nicely - we'll have our own side room and they will give each person/couple/group separate checks. Plus it is literally right across the street from Symphony Hall.