X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

Yeah, I seem to remember watching a behind-the-scenes video about the score.

It was something like;

Jackman: “I dunno man, you can’t use that, that’s just the bass line! There’s no tune!”
Vaughn: “You don’t need a fucking tune! Just play the bass line!"

Quite amusing, actually.

Hanz Zimmer told Zack Snyder you need a better composer to write the score for Man of Steel, and Zack true but they're all dead, or in one case waiting to die, and he won't work for me.

I just heard that video BloodBoal posted and I found it obnoxious. There's nothing great in there.

Kick-Ass pretty much only contains interesting snippets mixed with other angles for the music and otyher composers and songs.

First Class was a sabotaged score. Still, the rest of the score other than magneto's bass line is unmemorable.

So I'd need something else ;)

You want GREAT? Take great:

I just heard that video BloodBoal posted and I found it obnoxious. There's nothing great in there.

You say this because the score is full of Spanish music clichés, so you don't want to admit you like the music, because that would be like betraying your country. I don't blame you for that.

You say this because the score is full of Spanish music clichés, so you don't want to admit you like the music, because that would be like betraying your country. I don't blame you for that.

It doesn't have to do with these clichés.

Speaking of clichés, I really want to open a thread on folkloric and old music.

• 4 weeks later...

This film has a chance to be epic in scale.

it also has a chance to be nothing more than a parade of who is who in the X-men universe.

it also has a chance to be nothing more than a parade of who is who in the X-men universe.

I personally think if Bryan Singer actually pulls this off successfully (and it's a good chance he will), Days of Future Past will be one of the biggest movies of 2014. With a cast this big and well known, coming off the well-received First Class, I think it could do Avenger-sized numbers.

Seriously.

X-Men First Class didn't even reach blockbuster status and grossed under 150 million.

We'll see how well Wolverine does this late summer but Avenger numbers have only happened twice before and I don't sense the love for X-men like the love for Avengers.

Amen.

Karol

X-Men First Class didn't even reach blockbuster status and grossed under 150 million.

We'll see how well Wolverine does this late summer but Avenger numbers have only happened twice before and I don't sense the love for X-men like the love for Avengers.

Financially it didn't wow, but like Batman Begins many have seen it at home since release and its a very well regarded film. Mix that in with all the returning actors from the first films, and this may be a huge film, but only if Singer can find the magic again.

• 2 months later...

Wasn't Zimmer supposed to ease down on the work load? I remember him mentioning something to that effect a few years ago.

Yes, after Da Vinci Code.

That was 7 years ago, Mikko.

Karol

Well goes to show I do not follow Zimmer news too much. :P

But he hasn't really slowed down since.

Can't blame the man, if his creative juices are flowing with doubled (tripled?) force.

Karol

Something is flowing but it ain't creative juices.

Can't blame the man, if his creative juices are flowing with doubled (tripled?) force.

Karol

Something is flowing but it ain't creative juices.

Doesn't stop him from making music out of it.