X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

And Walter White gets involved in the drug business to pay for his wife, child, and unborn child's future when he finds out he is dying of cancer.

He's not committing genocide.

He is doing it for a greater cause. The preservation of his species.

In his mind it's war.

When Magneto in that film manipulates Prof X to kill all humans I'm horrified at how could someone be okay with that. Any kind of sympathy or understanding for Magneto gets shattered into tiny pieces.

I find it easier to sympatize with Walter White's situation. He tries to survive, somehow, in an unfair society. (I've only seen the beginning of the show though.)

But he wasn't born a drug dealer. Circumstance drove him to it.

Magneto was born a mutant, but not a murderer. Human society drove him to become one, though he seldom takes up arms against his fellow mutants unless it serves his greater good. His goal is a world where mutants are the masters of all, not the persecuted. In this sense, he is a tragic antihero.

I doubt Wally White wants a world full of drug dealers.

Hard to answer that without spoiling things

Walter White is a villain. He's an evil son of a bitch. He deserves a horrid death. He has ZERO redeeming qualities. He is the show's anti hero hero.

He goes that wrong? :blink: I'm not sure if I will like that development.

it's easy to see him sympathetically in the early season, but at some point, I'm not quite sure is the same for everyone, he crossed a line, and has since crossed others.

but hell some here think Darth Vader deserved redemption.

Chaac, Joey doesn't watch the show.

another case of someone ASSuming shit they don't know about.

then I must have watched some of the shows......

actually we've had a BB marathon Friday night watched 7 season 1 episodes.

Dave's idea not mine. but it was good, it was late, finished after 3am

I obviously knew you had seen early episodes, and I also knew you had not seen the later episodes. So I was right. Ass.

I obviously knew you had seen early episodes, and I also knew you had not seen the later episodes. So I was right. Ass.

I've watched 4 seasons of the show.

shows what the hell you know. or don't

which means I have this season to go.

Well Joey exaggerates a bit. But he does cross a line.

I suggest you watch the show and judge for yourself.

Well Joey exaggerates a bit. But he does cross a line.

I suggest you watch the show and judge for yourself.

I didn't exaggerate anything, Walt crosses several lines, but some here are far more ambiguous when it comes to their moral center and what is acceptable and what is not.

Well yes, but I don't think he's as cold-hearted as you described him to be.

Once he reaches the extremes, you can see some moral struggles. And the character does ultimately find redemption

totally disagree, he crossed one line that ended any chance he has for redemption. If heaven and hell are real his chance at heaven is over but his chance for hell are 100%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this film is going to operate on a huge scale. Hope it lives up to it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not bad, it's not good.

Glad they aren't using whoever composed the last X-Men film. That score was awful.

I do have hopes for this film. X-Men First Class suffered from the usual Prequel syndrome. Characters going through stuff while the audience already kinda knew what would happen. A time travel story wil, hopefully change that.

No idea how they are gonna pull off Fassbender and McKellen as Magneto in the same film. The two are nothing alike.

It's not bad, it's not good.

Glad they aren't using whoever composed the last X-Men film. That score was awful.

Henry Jackman scored X-Men: First Class, overall I agree that the score is forgettable. There are PIECES here and there that I like but it's definitely the weakest of the X-Men scores.

I had a feeling that Ottman was gonna be brought on for the project. Ottman is generally Singer's choice for composer.

If memory serves I think there was a video interview or some sort of an interview with Jackman regarding Magneto's theme. He had more for that theme than what we hear in the show but the producer wanted just what we actually ended up hearing.

Edit: Got ninja'd by Chaac.