Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

Since what we hear in 'Girion, Lord of Dale' is almost certainly scoring Thorin looking at that quilt showing the line of Durin, I'm wondering if this is some kind of 'Thorin's Destiny' theme.

Of course that was a 'Hidden Door' theme!

'On the Doorstep' is truly sublime. Very emotional.

Was I hearing things or did Shore sneak a brief snippet of the 'Baggins' component from the 'Baggins/Took' theme near the end of 'Thrice Welcome'.

Still no sign of the Misty Mountains theme, which is very disappointing. I'd like to have heard at least a couple of renditions!

Inky, why was Gondor Reborn used?

Why was the Ent theme removed from Gandalf The White on the CR?

I think Gondor Reborn theme was abused, not used there Faleel.

And the Ent Theme obviously didn't fit into the scene since it took place in Fangorn.

Oh wait a minute...

I am sure the film makers had they reasons, however bad they were.

Yeah, it still might show up. It would have been strange not to include it at all, but I'm still rather indifferent towards it.

Oh wait Company theme and Misty Mountains themes are two separate things, right? Either way, none of them appears.

Karol

Edited: After a bit of tech troubles, I succeeded in grabbing the score! So stoked to get my copy of the Special Edition in a couple weeks.

For me the highlight of this score is that new Erebor Reclaimed/Thorin's Destiny piece (both made up names but you get the picture). It is to Erebor what 'Dwarrowdelf' was to Moria. Wonderfully emotional theme.

No. They're still there!

What?

amh1219's post above Ware's was edited. He probably originally said that the tracks were not available anymore.

Pretty much. I was having issues getting the tracks to play in Firefox and asked if the files had been taken down.

Am I the only one who thinks the music for Smaug sounds a lot like some of McCreary's cylon material from BSG?

I'd be stunned if Misty Mountains wasn't in the film anyhow.

You do know that they have crossed the Misty Mountains right?

Of course, but I think we all thought, regardless of lyrics, that they were setting it up as the Fellowship theme of these films, given that it was so prominent in AUJ.

I like the way Shore tortures the Gandalf theme in "A Spell of Concealment". Btw what do you guys think about the mix ... I think it's way better than AUJ, I didn't really appreciate the dry sound of Abbey Road.

I can't help myself but the so called "Tauriel theme" feels more like a theme for Bilbo's journey to me, especially the final statement in "Beyond the Forest".