Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

42 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Oh boy, that again...

Yeah, but with Rowling, it's always the case! I hate her, I hate her! But I'm no hater.

Tisn't always the case. Her spells are mostly Latin words and phrases or adaptations of them (there's some Greek and Arabic) but yeah she just makes a lot of it up and that's fine. You can't expect every fantasy author to be a linguist. 

Saw this the other night. I enjoyed the score and actually enjoyed Farrell, seems like I'm in the minority there. I'd rather have him continue to play what's his face, rather than Depp.

Otherwise, totally pointless. We only went in case the girls happened to like it, and they did not. Raised them to prefer more substantial fantasy!

Nomaj is fucking dumb.

Has this been posted?

Seems to be confirmation that the 1945 Dumbledore-Grindelwald duel is part of the ending of the series. 

When seeing the film dubbed in spanish (and knowing prior that Jonny depp was going to be in the series) i thought...hmmm i wonder how they are going to pull it off since the voice actor for johnny depp is the same one that colin farrel has (both in several, most of their films)...

A really curious coincidence! :lol: it really works bettern that in english :P

1 hour ago, KK said:

We're giving the film and its writers too much credit if we expect them to think that far.

Yup, JK Rowling has no experience of long ranging plots. That seven book series never happened! 

1 hour ago, KK said:

We're giving the film and its writers too much credit if we expect them to think that far.

Oh, yeah, I doubt Rowling was really thinking of that when she wrote the script, but it's still an interesting way to look at the ending

1 hour ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Yup, JK Rowling has no experience of long ranging plots. That seven book series never happened! 

That wasn't my point. The article was looking at the film from a social commentary angle which I doubt the writers were ever really thinking of to begin with. 

As for long ranging plots...well they started to ramble on by the last couple of books, didn't they?

The social commentary thing, fair enough but following Rowling on twitter she's certainly preoccupied by that sort of thing so who knows!

The later books rambling on abit? No, I disagree. OotP? Yeah. But not the rest. 

I actually like OotP a lot, despite its length. The only thing that really drags it down is the Grawp subplot, which was tedious, made me dislike Hagrid and ultimately went nowhere.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I actually like OotP a lot, despite its length. The only thing that really drags it down is the Grawp subplot, which was tedious, made me dislike Hagrid and ultimately went nowhere.

Grawp is the only part of OotP that drags for me too but when I re-read the series in the summer I still flew through the book. 

The plotting is what I find meandering, not so much the pacing. Was never a fan of the deathly hallows schtick. Nor the hocruxes to be honest.

2 minutes ago, KK said:

The plotting is what I find meandering, not so much the pacing. Was never a fan of the deathly hallows schtick. Nor the hocruxes to be honest.

Hmmm it seems we disagree. 

We'all settle this the old navy way. First guy to die, loses! 

Jared Harris commented on the Dumbledore rumors

They’re obviously thinking about it. I haven’t heard anything and I don’t expect to. It’s not up to me. Having seen [fan campaigns] before I find that [film bosses] don’t like to have their hands forced. These campaigns almost always go in a different direction.

Pessimistic but actually seems like he'd be open to it?

1 minute ago, mrbellamy said:

Jared Harris commented on the Dumbledore rumors

Pessimistic but actually seems like he'd be open to it?

Reads to me like "I want to do it but not so desperately that I'll do whatever they want and as cheap as they want". 

On 11/25/2016 at 1:53 AM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

That's definitely old news.

Shes also dismissed rumours that Newt won't be the main character of the series. 

Oh, interesting. 

So what's the deal, was Farell hired to play the big bad of the series but later Depp got interested so they wrote a new ending to reveal him and Farell got the heave-ho?  Or was Depp part of the plan from the beginning and they actually kept it a secret until a few weeks before the film opened?

Because if you've seen the film and know where they're heading with the series it's obvious Grindlewald is the big bad of the series. 

Right, that's not what I'm asking.  I'm positing a theory that originally they planned to have Farell play Grindelwald in all the films, but he pretends to be some dude named Graves is the first one, but when he's revealed to be Grindlewald he would still look like Farell..... then later Depp came on board so they reshot that part.  Does that make sense?

Just now, Jay said:

Right, that's not what I'm asking.  I'm positing a theory that originally they planned to have Farell play Grindelwald in all the films, but he pretends to be some dude named Graves is the first one, but when he's revealed to be Grindlewald he would still look like Farell..... then later Depp came on board so they reshot that part.  Does that make sense?

Yes but I don't think that's likely. I mean, where's the evidence?

Also, Farrell wasn't made to look anything like Grindlewald appears in the Deathly Hallows 2 (whereas Depp has the right hair and eye colour) and Graves looks too young to be Grindlewald. 

But there's no exact proof to dispel your theory (like any conspiracy theory I suppose). 

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wouldn't that mean people would just be able to recognise him?

I call hogwash !

In the Case of Beasts book it mentions that Graves was a powerful and well-known Auror, Pottermore mentions he comes from a family of Aurors. It seems more likely that Grindelwald would use an already existing person to gain access into MACUSA, making it easier for him to find the Obscurus. How recent was the  switch between actual Graves and Grindelwald assuming his identity I'm not sure.