Noah

Lewya

Not in that pic. She's overrated in the looks department by men who have a thing for virginal girls, but I've seen her in other places since she's become a young woman and she can look very attractive.

42766-Emma-Watson-Tongue-Bling-Ring-fjqs

• 3 weeks later...

Why does God allow the four chords of epicness to plague us like this? What have we done? At least some of that choral stuff is relatively thoughtful.

This can't be real. It's just too horribly generic/cliched. I refuse to believe it.

Here's actual information on the score.

http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/nonesuch-releases-clint-mansell-soundtrack-darren-aronofsky-film-noah-march-25-2014-03-14

If this is an actual sample of it, that's a lot of potentially creative scoring gone down the drain.

Not exactly. You can usually spot a formulaic score months out. But when you have a string quartet, various guitars, a Moog, Mellotron, and prepared piano listed in the ensemble, you get the impression that the man has some interesting ideas.

Clint Mansell, spending months of labor and money on barely rewriting the main theme from CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (maybe it's a fake...well, one can hope)

Library music. I'll eat my proverbial hat if it's real.

Biblical films are in my top 5 favourite genres but i'm sure i won't be watching this...

off topic:

5 favourite biblical films:

1. Ten Commandments (1956)

2. The passion of Christ

3. Jesus of Nazareth (ok, this is technically a mini series)

4.The Greatest Story ever Told

5.The Bible (1966)

(didn't include fictional interpolations like Ben-Hur and The Robe)

I wasn't just theorizing that the marketing for this is portraying it as more generic than it is. Pretty sure I read somewhere that it's actually being done in an effort to not "scare off" certain demographics.