The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Affleck's Batman so i hope he does not leave the series untill a new reboot or he passes the torch to robin or whomever he does in the true comics.

Truth be told, he was a little bit old to be cast in a new ongoing series.

He's a comparable age to, say, 2008 Robert Downey Jr., and that decision was a career boon.  You never know how a script is going to play out onscreen.  Affleck took the gamble in signing on, the first movie has been a critical failure and a box office disappointment, he's been on set with Justice League, and he dropped writing/directing duties of The Batman.  Sounds like he's regretful.

That article says that negotiations may resume "once cooler heads prevail", i.e. Michael Keaton's on-and-off negotiation tactics on Spider-Man Homecoming.

I honestly think WB is jinxing themselves. Reeves seems like the perfect director to right the Batman ship, and they either don't want to pay him the amount his agent is asking for or guarantee final cut.

On 2/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

I really like Affleck's Batman so i hope he does not leave the series untill a new reboot or he passes the torch to robin or whomever he does in the true comics.

Truth be told, he was a little bit old to be cast in a new ongoing series.

No way. He was cast as an established venerable Bruce Wayne/Batman. The problem, like you said, is they didn't do a Batman movie. Instead, they did a rather crappy (though admittedly guilty pleasure) bloated sequel to Man of Steel where Batman and Superman duke it out in a men's bathroom.

On 18.02.2017 at 8:26 AM, BloodBoal said:

I guess I'll have to update that pic often...

S2febSs.jpg

Think only James Cameron could make it work at this point. Financially anyway.

Karol

On 18/2/2017 at 4:10 AM, Matt C said:

That article says that negotiations may resume "once cooler heads prevail", i.e. Michael Keaton's on-and-off negotiation tactics on Spider-Man Homecoming.

I honestly think WB is jinxing themselves. Reeves seems like the perfect director to right the Batman ship, and they either don't want to pay him the amount his agent is asking for or guarantee final cut.

Probably Reeves said he wanted giacchino or he was out...and WB didnt want Gia... :P

Seriously, if Giacchno snatches the Batman, I want everyone saying that Giacchino is the next "kind-of-Modern-Williams-type-of-successful-composer".

I mean I dont think even Williams got so many blockbusters (and franchises) in his prime during the 80's.... In we now have several Williams/Goldsmith and Elfman franchises scored by the same person...

So i dont mean he is the same craftman as Williams, but his level of success (not quality) is comparable.

Star Wars, Raiders, E.T., Superman, Close Encounters, ... Many of the tunes that Williams wrote have become part of our popular culture. Walk around in the city, folks, nobody is whistling Gia's music.  Sure, he gets the gigs, but that's only one part of being successful. 

Alex

Actually, given the popularity and visibility of the types of movies he has been scoring and how little impact his music has made doesn't really work in his favor. Pretty much all the franchises he has been working in have had much better scores than his

He works fast and probably is an easy collaborator and also has, for whatever reason, what some might call "fanboy credibility". But you seldom see him being assigned to truly prestigious movies

On 24/2/2017 at 1:29 PM, Romão said:

He works fast and probably is an easy collaborator and also has, for whatever reason, what some might call "fanboy credibility". But you seldom see him being assigned to truly prestigious movies

Like goldsmith....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in, looks fun.

I wonder if it will make more money at the box office than Suicide Squad did.

Is Snyder finished with DC? I'm really waiting for him to be free again. Although he will never be as free as he was with 300 or Watchmen, of course.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Why? You don't think he will be a good job? X-Men: First Class was rather mediocre, but perhaps he learned.

I think what LeBlanc meant was that Vaughn will just be wasting his time with DC, that will get rid of him halfway through production.