The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's the pressure of this new fangled Cinematic Universe contraption!

Every single entry comes with enormous financial risks. Normally if you make one movie you need to ensure that that one doesn't lose money. But if its part of a proposed saga of films all tied together then the financial risks of a film failing doesn't just mean a 100 million write off, its potential billions of dollars that are at risk.

So the studio is far far more likely to interfere in an attempt to play it safe with their investment.

Joby Harold Rewriting 'The Flash'

Ben Affleck Won't Direct 'The Batman', will still star and produce the film

Deadline says that WB has a shortlist of directors they're eyeing for The Batman, including Matt Reeves and Captain Fantastic's Matt Ross.

Oh...Matt Reeves for the batman please!!!!!!

That way Giacchino will snatch another franchise of the few he has left. :devil: And give some orchestral flavour to the DC universe....

It makes sense, both Zimmer and Elfman did batman and Spiderman both. Giacchino HAS to do The Batman. ;)

Wait a minute! Ben Affleck is no longer directing Batman? Isn't that a biggie? Wasn't he the last hope for DC fans?

14 hours ago, mstrox said:

Give Tim Burton a shot at it.

Not going to happen. New generation thinks Burton is their daddy's Batman. They wants their very own version of it. 

Alex

12 hours ago, mstrox said:

Get Joel Schumacher on board

I know you're joking, but Affleck's Batman is closer to what Schumacher wanted to do rather than the "toyetic" Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. But the studio wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

I obviously love Giacchino's work for the most part, but I don't think he'd be suited for the Batman world at all, honestly.  But, if Reeves takes the job, Gia will score it for sure - unless there's a schedule conflict.

Out of the Giacchino gang of friends, I would say Tilton and Datzman could do a good Batman score.

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

If Gia scores Batman, does that mean we get an old-fashioned score, or does he also write scores according to the Zimmer school?

He hasn't really done anything that approaches the Zimmer style.  I think it would be like a blend of his Let Me In and Doctor Strange, something like that

Depending on whether Reeves or the studio wants him to, Giacchino might reference Zimmer and Holkenberg's material. Maybe even do a 'hybrid' theme a la the Elfman-Silvestri one in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

But if he and Reeves go the Apes route with Batfleck, it'll be a clean slate. That is the more likely scenario.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I obviously love Giacchino's work for the most part, but I don't think he'd be suited for the Batman world at all, honestly.  But, if Reeves takes the job, Gia will score it for sure - unless there's a schedule conflict.

Out of the Giacchino gang of friends, I would say Tilton and Datzman could do a good Batman score.

I dont understand your statement...

Giacchino cant write a score for batman, but his alumni could do it?

It's like saying Zimmer could not do a pirates of the carribean score while Badelt could....

Yea, what's not to understand?  Giacchino, Tilton, and Datzman (and Seiter and whoever else) all have different strengths and weaknesses.  Have you heard Tilton and Datzman's ALCATRAZ scores?  They're brilliant!