The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

So there are only four films in the DC Universe so far, right?

Man Of Steel

Batman v Superman

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

Does anyone know how Suicide Squad fits into the timeline? I'm confused because in BvS, Batman had been fighting Gotham criminals for 20 years. The Joker would, assumingly, be somewhere earlier in that timeframe, with his comment about people dressing up like clowns, and the bit with Robin's death. But, the Joker is clearly alive and well in Suicide Squad, and Batman's involvement in that film is only because Viola Davis has files on WW, Flash, etc. However, in BvS, it seems like this is the first time he's ever seen these characters. 

Koray, I'm not sure why you're even confused at all. Suicide Squad clearly takes place after BvS, the whole plot is that because Superman is dead, Viola Davis comes up with a plan to fight the next villain without him. 

And nowhere in BvS is it implied that the Joker is dead in any way. 

Just now, Jay said:

Koray, I'm not sure why you're even confused at all. Suicide Squad clearly takes place after BvS, the whole plot is that because Superman is dead, Viola Davis comes up with a plan to fight the next villain without him.

And what a great plan that is...

1 hour ago, Jay said:

And nowhere in BvS is it implied that the Joker is dead in any way. 

Shows how much I paid attention, I didn't even find out that Superman dies until the most recent Justice League trailer. 

You just saw BvS yesterday, and thought that somewhere during the course of the film, someone said that The Joker was dead?

So what was your original question then, exactly?

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

So there are only four films in the DC Universe so far, right?

Man Of Steel

Batman v Superman

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

Does anyone know how Suicide Squad fits into the timeline? I'm confused because in BvS, Batman had been fighting Gotham criminals for 20 years. The Joker would, assumingly, be somewhere earlier in that timeframe, with his comment about people dressing up like clowns, and the bit with Robin's death. But, the Joker is clearly alive and well in Suicide Squad, and Batman's involvement in that film is only because Viola Davis has files on WW, Flash, etc. However, in BvS, it seems like this is the first time he's ever seen these characters. 

In this post, you are asking us why The Joker is alive in well in Suicide Squad, doesn't that imply you thought BvS told you he was dead?

I guess I'm still confused about what you're confused about.  Are you saying its weird that after 20 years of catching criminals he failed at nabbing The Joker?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I guess I'm still confused about what you're confused about.  Are you saying its weird that after 20 years of catching criminals he failed at nabbing The Joker?

Just forget it, you clarified my confusion awhile ago.

Wow.  I finally watched the new Justice League trailer, and its pretty bad, eh?

And I kinda liked MOS, BvS, and SS (haven't seen WW yet).  This just looked... all over the place, with lots of scenes in dark underground caves and boring shit like that.

And I love that they are still pretending Superman is dead and not coming back, lol

Well, the last 20 seconds or so directly deals with Superman's return (even referencing the 90s Return of Superman comics, with the doppler effect in the glass).

It does look awful, although I liked the bit with Gordon and the Flash on the roof.

Yea, there were a couple funny moments in the trailer for sure, the film just looks like a boring slog based on this trailer.  Who knows how much will change between now and then anyway.  Presumably this trailer is all Snyder footage and none of Whedon's?

With Wonder Woman now officially the highest grossing film of the Summer and metric tons of fan enthusiasm and critical adoration, I assume WB is now scrambling to make her the new center of the DC universe.  You can even see it in the slight changes to recent marketing materials for Justice League.

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

That's a very reasonable assumption

It's all part of the de-Snyderification!  A painful process that will be for the best in the end.

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

With Wonder Woman now officially the highest grossing film of the Summer and metric tons of fan enthusiasm and critical adoration, I assume WB is now scrambling to make her the new center of the DC universe.  You can even see it in the slight changes to recent marketing materials for Justice League.

In the trailer she appears to one of the most important characters.

Gal saved DC!

To give credit where credit is due, I was already very impressed with her charisma in BvS. I suppose most of you had to wait until Wonder Woman before you saw it too, right?

4 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

To give credit where credit is due, I was already very impressed with her charisma in BvS. I suppose most of you had to wait until Wonder Woman before you saw it too, right?

Of course not, I specifically pointed out her being the best part of BvS when I saw it

You really do think you are the only one who has a lot of opinions that everyone else has, its pretty funny!

I plan on watching it eventually, but like Stu I hated Man of Steel, and 300. Also hated Sucker Punch.  Watchmen, pretty good, so good 4 u Zacky boy.  Every time we go to pick a movie, we usually pick something that's bound to be better, and BvS stays on the shelf.

It's always funny to me that people hate 300 but not Watchmen. It's like with Alien and Blade Runner. People loved Alien but hated Blade Runner. Personally, I saw the same hand of the same director and it was that signature that I loved. Both Watchmen and 300 are made with the same philosophy. Both Alien and Blade Runner are made with the same philosophy. Christopher Nolan saw it. I saw it. Why didn't you?

Alex

11 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

True. Jay saw it too, I remember that. However, Jay is not most of you. 

I saw it too, and quite a few months before you chimed in your opinion.

Gal Gadot actually became something of a sensation after BvS. Many people said she was the only worthwhile part of the film.

I'm sorry Alex, you didnt start any trends.

I never saw Watchmen, because I hated 300.  I only saw Man of Steel because I like Superman as a character.

I did see Dawn of the Dead waaaaaaay back when it came out on DVD.  I think I liked it, no real concrete memories one or the other.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Didn't see his animated friendly owl movie.

I always forget about that one!  I think a lot of people do...