Now that LotR is gone, should the JW sub-forum merge with General discussion?

King Mark

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should JW be part of General Discusion again?

• yes
    • no

For me it would replace my "New Contents" bookmark without having to see LotR threads. In the past I always checked Other Topics separately

Of course you can change it. Anyone who votes would just have to revote.

King Mark it's one of the options right there when you're making the poll

Most message-boards that I know have a forum (or several) devoted to the eponymous subject of the board (which, in most cases, gets less traffic than the general/off-topic forums on the same board). It seems pretty normal and reasonable to have that arrangement here, unless the separation is a major inconvenience for a significant proportion of users. As a "View New Content" user, I don't have a strong preference one way or the other.

I don't know how you can miss it. It's right there with the options. I'm on my phone not a computer or I'd take a screenshot.

Where is Blume with the map? I feel like this is an important chapter to add to the saga of the Church of his Dear Lord and Saviour, John Williams.

Unbelievable.

No. Really. I cannot believe this.

Once this is done, I suggest we vote to move non-Williams topics out of General Discussion, so we can then move the old Tolkien subform back to the now JW-only General Discussion.

Exactly. Then, of course, the Star Trek subforum can be moved from "Other Topics" to the Goldsmith forum, displacing the extra Marvel threads--which can easily be placed in the Avatar sub-subforum, to be replaced by the excess Hobbit threads, having extended beyond the new Tolkien forum and threatening to overwhelm the Star Wars discussions.

Absolutely NOT!!

There's like TONS of banter and verbal noise to wade through in this place (more than any forum I've ever been to), so please don't remove the only place I can get relevant information about John Williams -- the reason for coming here -- and the ability to discuss his life and work more or less on-topic.

Recent changes are an appreciated step back in the right direction. We'll go full circle should Jono ever make his glorious return back to his rightful board of residence.

Absolutely NOT!!

There's like TONS of banter and verbal noise to wade through in this place (more than any forum I've ever been to), so please don't remove the only place I can get relevant information about John Williams -- the reason for coming here -- and the ability to discuss his life and work more or less on-topic.

Well obviously the next step is to ban banter and verbal noise. Anyone who isn't Very Serious will be unwelcome. Information only! Jawhol!

We need a banter subforum, and restrict access to GD to only the serious members, for very serious discussion, because JWFan should be a very serious place.

There's several reasons for a sub forum

1)One topic (annoying to a lot of members) starts taking over too much space (LotR)

2)You want to focus discussion on a specific topic for a period of time (New JW scored movie)

3)You don't want to dilute discussion too much about a topic (JW sub forum)

Also, oone advantage of sub forums is that discussions don't disappear as fast out of view into the archives (I suck using the Search function) .That's why Other Topics should always be separate so it's always easy to find the "New TV" or "headphone" thread

1)One topic (annoying to a lot of members) starts taking over too much space (LotR)

2)You want to focus discussion on a specific topic for a period of time (indy 4 sub-forum)

3)You don't want to dilute discussion to much about a topic (JW sub forum)

By these criteria, discussions about sub forums definitely belong in a subforum of their own.