Ennio Morricone - The Hateful Eight

Muad'Dib

Since Leehallen can't stop acting like a bitch about this wonderful score, I've been meaning to ask. Any love for Lincoln's Letter? My only gripe is that it isn't longer, I could listen to Morricone in that sort of cuasi-patriotic mode forever.

On 2/29/2016 at 8:22 AM, Quintus said:

That video is surreal.

Fame surely has its freaky downsides some days.

Reminds me of this video I unfortunately came across once...

On February 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM, crumbs said:

Geez, leave the poor guy in peace! He's 87, in a wheelchair, just off a long-haul flight and they're shoving albums in his face without even looking interested.

Grubby autograph hunters, half of them probably can't even pronounce his last name.

Unfortunately that was the same situation for Williams at the Boston film night concert 2 years ago. 

I assume the score for this was not recorded in the US? Did Morricone travel there especially for the Academy Awards ceremony? If so, it really tells you how much it meant to him to be nominated again. 

10 hours ago, Michael said:

Since Leehallen can't stop acting like a bitch about this wonderful score, I've been meaning to ask. Any love for Lincoln's Letter? My only gripe is that it isn't longer, I could listen to Morricone in that sort of cuasi-patriotic mode forever.

Are you familiar with people disliking things, or does every one you come in contact with just automatically like everything you do? 

Leehallen, user Michael never normally speaks in such terms here. In fact in the months and probably years of reading his contributions I've never seen him speak like that about anyone. 

Could it just be you perhaps? 

2 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Are you familiar with people disliking things, or does every one you come in contact with just automatically like everything you do? 

Not really, most people I know and love don't share my tastes, although my closest friends share at least some, but of course we don't agree on everything. 

My comment about you in particular was probably unneeded, but it just bothered me how some of us kept trying to show you the greatness we found in Morricone's score but you dismissed it as the orchestra tuning up and some other nonsense. Hey, I can understand if you don't like something, nobody can force you into liking it, but doing it with what seemed as such stuborness rubbed me really in the wrong way. I honestly came to this particular topic to talk about Morricone's music, not to drag the topic into another of these discussions, so I hope we can move on.

Old Mary Todd's calling, so I guess I best be going now.

Just now, leeallen01 said:

I think many people on here really need to grow a thicker skin, and stop the immature personal attacks.

Thats like having your cake and eating it.

You get defensive and bitchy when your precious Gia's music is attacked. Yet when you question Morricone's music it's everyone else thats too sensitive.

I guess we have found our new Mark Olivarez.

Just now, Stefancos said:

Thats like having your cake and eating it.

You get defensive and bitchy when your precious Gia's music is attacked. Yet when you question Morricone's music it's everyone else thats too sensitive.

I guess we have found our new Mark Olivarez.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

15 hours ago, Michael said:

Anyone else instantly reminded of that somber civil war music in The Good, The Bad And The Ugly when "Lincoln's Letter" kicks on? Morricone said he didn't want to retread his Leone music, but I found this little piece to be a short nod to it, as if it was alluding to something Tarantino wanted but couldn't have, much like Jackson's character with the letter.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

You should be careful, leeallen. Stiff once strangled a bare with his bear hands! I mean, he strangled a bear with his bare hands!

That may be so, but has he ever made a valid point?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

You don't know me very well, obviously.

Considering I've never met you and only crossed paths on a forum I would say that is a keen observation. 

So would you say I made a valid point?

A keen observation.

It goes 1) a keen observation.

2) a valid point.

3) holy shit, he's right!

Normally people post here for a good twelve months before swinging their dick around, but this leeallen dude, he just breaks all the rules. What a maverick! 

Thank you for your forfeit.

You should apologize for your undue comments about Morricone's score though.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Normally people post here for a good twelve months before swinging their dick around, but this leeallen dude, he just breaks all the rules. What a maverick! 

The future of film music fans.

Just now, Quintus said:

I didn't know there was a 12 month probationary period. I've moved house in the last year as well so if you could send me another copy of the rules, I'd be grateful.

No, feel free to ridicule me. Many here have done so. And when it's done well it's bloody brilliant.

Not sure you have the talent to do it well though....

Clearly I am succeeding, because you're still carrying this on.

Hateful Eight chat seemed to be going okay until user leeallen01 thought it was boring. 

I wouldn't know because I've not really been participating. 

Just now, Quintus said:

It was going fine until user leeallen01 thought it was too boring. 

Clearly you felt the same as you're participating in this conversation.