Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

So one of those cards has a bit of a reveal on it. Finn is "on the run?" Not just the survivor of a crashed TIE fighter, but trying to escape? Interesting.

Stephen Colbert defends the lightsaber design seen in the trailer. I am now completely convinced and won't lose sleep over this anymore! Thank you Mr. Colbert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyCq_cd-FA

I am sure the trio of old geezers will be there to give the new films a blessing of sorts and then we focus on the new guys. I think it is a good way to anchor us back into the galaxy far far away and have some starting point from which to introduce the new people and the story.

But who of them will die?

I say Luke, trying to fight Kylo-Ren, but he's too old. Just before death Luke will pass his lightsaber to the new and upcoming Jedi, who will destroy the evil Ren and take up Luke's mantle as guardian of the Force!

Why is it a good way? Does Star Wars need it?

I need my nostalgic kick-off to the series!

But beginning anew is entirely ok with me. Reboot!

That's right! New beginnings, new stories, new directors, new faces, new unknown places to visit. Please no more Tatooine!

Oh no! Give us exclusive 3 film Tatooine trilogy focusing on the trials and tribulations of the desert planet on a large environmental and political scale!

That's right! New beginnings, new stories, new directors, new faces, new unknown places to visit. Please no more Tatooine!

Oh no! Give us exclusive 3 film Tatooine trilogy focusing on the trials and tribulations of the desert planet on a large environmental and political scale!

I can already hear the dialogue: "A Jedi? Here on Tatooine?! But that doesn't makes any sense. A Jedi can't fertilize this dustball!"

Hamill on why he's not in the trailer! Read all about it this interview:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mark-hamill-on-playing-with-the-star-wars-the-105015597302.html

And remember, you heard it from me first!

Alex

Wrong

Mark Hamill comments on the new Star Wars

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-mark-hamill-beard-bb-8/

Maybe the new film can deal with the continuity error of Luke stating he was born on Tattooine in ROTJ, while we see this isn't the case in ROTS.

Perhaps he didn't know any better.

But by that time he should have known his life had been a lie! For him to state his birth place with such certainty always bugged me!

Hopefully Kasdan will explain this in some way.

Yes, that is what I am most hoping from this new movie.

Maybe the new film can deal with the continuity error of Luke stating he was born on Tattooine in ROTJ, while we see this isn't the case in ROTS.

Excuse me, but when did Luke say he was born on Tatooine? The ROTJ title crawl says "Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine" and he tells Han "I used to live here, you know." That's it. Nothing about birth. Polis Massa was never home to either twin for more than a little while as the Jedi planned their separation.