The force awakens complete score on itunes?

Captain solo

Wow, what an unhelpful series of replies.

Anyone noticed this guy is new, and potentially doesn't realise the issues with complete score releases?

Where's Jay - he has a good canned response for newbie questions like this.

9 hours ago, Captain solo said:

Shouldn't the complete force awakens score be on iTunes with the part with the imperial march 

Hopefully some day an expanded version of TFA will be commercially released, but I have a feeling at the moment Disney has no plans for one - but we wouldn't know if they did until it was announced anyway.

In the meantime, you can stream a lot of TFA music that wasn't on the OST CD in this thread starting about here:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25913-the-force-awakens-complete-score-breakdown-chronological-order-film-spoilers-allowed/&do=findComment&comment=1237400

Let's not scare away newcomers folks!

9 hours ago, Captain solo said:

Shouldn't the complete force awakens score be on iTunes with the part with the imperial march 

Film scores are hardly ever released in their complete form upon the film's release and Star Wars the Force Awakens is no exception. There is a considerable chunk of unreleased material from the actual flm score and in addition a good deal of alternate åoeces from the long recording period when Williams wrote more music or revised his compositions for the changing cut of the film.

And considering that the Prequel trilogy still awaits a complete release I think we might have to wait a bit more for the complete version of Episode VII as well.

P.S. Welcome to the messageboards Captain solo! :wave:

17 hours ago, Incanus said:

And considering that the Prequel trilogy still awaits a complete release I think we might have to wait a bit more for the complete version of Episode VII as well.

Well, not really. Disney have 100% control over The Force Awakens and its score. Sony still has control over the Prequels until 2019 at the latest, from what I gather.

I'm going to Star Wars Celebration next month. If they have anything to do with music there, I'll ask them if there are any plans to do an expanded TFA. It would seem silly not to given Star Trek has been getting expanded releases for all of its films so far, and Star Wars having no competing product.

2 hours ago, Gistech said:

Well, not really. Disney have 100% control over The Force Awakens and its score. Sony still has control over the Prequels until 2019 at the latest, from what I gather.

I'm going to Star Wars Celebration next month. If they have anything to do with music there, I'll ask them if there are any plans to do an expanded TFA. It would seem silly not to given Star Trek has been getting expanded releases for all of its films so far, and Star Wars having no competing product.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The companies (or should I say one company) have missed countless opportunities over the years to release this stuff in complete form. If it happens in the near future by some miracle I'll be a happy JW fan though.

Joking aside, it's likely we will be getting an expanded version of the music for TFA released. I predict that JJ Abrams has pushed for it (considering his tweet about the extra music last year).