Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

I have to say, this show was a guilty pleasure and I loved every minute of all three seasons, which I admit to watching several times. Excited for this and hope they can recapture the magic!

‘Spartacus’ Sequel Series Developing at Starz From Original Creator Steven S. DeKnight

23 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Good to see someone's finally done a screen adaptation of Great Expectations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001kjnw

If you ask me, they can remake everything over and over again if they put Olivia Colman in it.

On 28/03/2023 at 9:34 PM, Jay said:

Larry's 75 and Curb has been a thing on and off since 2000 ... he may have his eye on doing other things, or possibly just retirement.    

Trailer for SILO, new sci-fi showing coming to Apple TV+ w/ Rebecca Ferguson and Rashida Jones

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Trailer for SILO, new sci-fi showing coming to Apple TV+ w/ Rebecca Ferguson and Rashida Jones

I read some great reactions from critics on Twitter who have seen the whole season. Based on the first trailer it looks really interesting. 

The Big Door Prize on ATV+ also got renewed for S2. I have seen the aired episodes and it’s a cool show.

The effects look even better than last season.

Few things:

- Since when does Netflix advertise stuff months before release?🤣

- It's the exact same trailer music (featuring Claire De Lune) as Godzilla: King Of The Monsters

- Music by James Newton Howard. Very excited for that!!

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

The effects look even better than last season.

same time period, which is appropiate after all the obvious stuff they skipped (rudists, a lot of stuff for freshwater like known crocodilians, and so on) or that they chose to cut (India), and now they probably have time to do things such a fix the maniraptoran wings.

please no more misinterpretations of sauropods air sacs, i know a sauropod worker and he seemed upset lol

the format is not my favourite (doesn't go quite in the direction of "documentary" nor "artistic yet scientifically logical halluciation of the past", short segments that sometimes are unfullfilling and don't explore the same area through a while, cutting down on the occasional violence to keep it safe for Apple), but it will do.

the score could be again so-so i imagine. the main theme was great though.

On 12/04/2023 at 8:13 PM, Jay said:

Trailer for Season 3 of The Great!

Love this show. Period dramas would usually bore me rigid ... but not when they're deliberately and joyously anachronistic, sweary, sexy and very, very funny. 

Season 2 I thought wasn't quite as good as season 1, but overall yea, pretty good and funny show

Black Mirror Season 6 is actually happening!

Stacked cast: Ben Barnes, Zazie Beetz, Michael Cera, Rory Culkin, Rob Delaney, Josh Hartnett, Salma Hayek, Kate Mara, Annie Murphy, Aaron Paul, Danny Ramirez

Wow!

It's a Neighbors reunion in yet another Apple TV+ comedy coming out with a big name cast

The first Neighbors was... fine, I guess? Don't remember much of it. The second was atrocious, one of the worst comedies I've ever seen. Then again, there's only a handful of Seth Rogen stoner comedies I actually like - This is The End being the best of them.

I don't remember thinking there was much of a drastic difference between the two films, but idk.  We just rewatched them last year too

On 26/04/2023 at 5:54 PM, Jay said:

Black Mirror Season 6 is actually happening!

A dial-up modem? Is this the first Black Mirror episode set in the past?

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but maybe its set in a far future where things have regressed