Find-A-Thread & Information Catalog - All upcoming & recent John Williams works & concerts

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Added:

• Fiddler on the Roof LTP concert
  • The Lost World LLL
  • Sabrina Score Restore
  • JW Liner notes
  • Live In Vienna SE reissue
  • and more DOD threads

• 2 weeks later...

New additions:

• Upcoming Unknown Williams composition
  • DG album/video of September 5 Tokyo concert
  • Superman Score Restore video
  • Anakin's Theme updated concert arrangement
  • New shortened Star Wars concert arrangements for "The Story In Music" concert series

Okay, I will try to find a recording of this version and summarize the changes.

45 minutes ago, michael_grig said:

3-8-18

I guess any performance of the piece after this date would be this version, does anyone know of a concert where it was part of the program?

Cool that he revised it.  I did not realize it was available for performances (but outside of HL signature editions, I have no idea how any of that works).  

• 1 month later...

I added the name of the box to the thread title, and added a link to the thread here.

Added the Indy 5 Isolated Score thread too

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Jay said:

In general, this is probably the smallest "Upcoming" section that has existed since I created this thread :(

7 hours ago, Jay said:

If anyone knows of any Williams releases that aren't listed there, please let me know!

Maybe the two Intrada expansions that were teased early this year then delayed?

Good idea!  Added!

And nobody said anything about any delays.  Doug simply listed composers they were working on albums for, and the two Williams mentioned have not come out yet, just like many other composers mentioned.

I added the remaining info @Ricard had in his deleted pinned concerts thread to the main post here: links to the Performance Details for upcoming concerts, a link to the main page entry for Williams concert reviews, and the link to find upcoming concerts of WIlliams music not conducted by Williams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The thread for that concert is here:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36692-feb-2-2024-john-williams-curates-a-century-of-film-music/

Since he isn't conducting I didn't think it "counted" as a Williams concert. Do people think it should?

On 24/01/2024 at 5:00 PM, Jay said:

The thread for that concert is here:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36692-feb-2-2024-john-williams-curates-a-century-of-film-music/

Since he isn't conducting I didn't think it "counted" as a Williams concert. Do people think it should?

I was thinking it should because it features him (he's talking at the event between the music) and some of his music is in the program.  

If the Hollywood Bowl event is going to happen this year, when would it be announced? I have attended the last three years and plan to go annually as long as it is offered. I think tickets were available for purchase to general audiences around early May last year?

Sorry if I missed another thread where this is discussed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...