Scream Franchise (1996-present)

JNHFan2000

I'm happy for a writer change, but the directors leaving is a shame - I thought the set-pieces in Scream VI were really exciting. The plot, however, was lightly stuck together with tape.

Indeed the setpieces were incredibly in VI.

Landon is best when he does gory horror/comedy, so he should be a great fit for Scream.

It would be interesting to see if McCreary scores this

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Death Day is close to a Scream movie with a masked killer and all plus maybe he'll get Neve Campbell back because he's directing and he can pay her what she wants. Also i think Christopher Landon has flashbacks in his movies so something different a Scream movie with flashbacks.

• 3 months later...

Jenna Ortega Not Returning For ‘Scream 7’ Due To ‘Wednesday’ Shooting Schedule

Melissa Barrera not returning either

So Paramount will now get Neve Campbell back by offering her a truckload of money, yes?

I'm really bummed about them not returning (for whatever the reasons are, we won't speak of it here).

I love this franchise and I hope they can do something fun and interesting with new characters.

They should bring back Matthew Lillard! Still convinced he's not dead!

I like the idea of a fresh cast anyway. No one really cares about the safety of these characters in slasher films. It's just pure fun and stupid people being stupid.

They should reinvent it every time like they did for 6 in NYC. Just keep changing it to other places and countries etc. 

I’m not a purist, and only think there was one great Scream movie.  The question there is, how far do you get away from Scream and have it still be Scream?  Is meta humor horror and the ghost mask enough, or is it tied to the legacy cast?  With a different villain every time, an all new cast would probably make it feel kind of unmoored to me.

A lot of people have said that Scream has always been about Sidney.

But I feel it's always been about Ghostface. And that was especially true in 6. If they continue that thread and make it more about the killer, it should be great!

I'm not really that bothered with these girls not returning as I wasnt that big fan of the new cast anyway. I didnt hate it, but didnt love it either. (Except that Mindy girl...god I hated her! lol!). But its sad cause I dont think we will get a SCREAM 7 now. I bet all the actors will drop out for "solidarity". I highly doubt Neve will return. Specially since they first screwed her over enough to not do SCREAM 6, and now this... 

That being said, I certainly wouldnt mind a more Gale centric Scream! That is what Kevin Williamson's original plan was for Scream 6 anyway when he started on Scream 4 which back then would be the start of a new trilogy! I can see Courtney Cox still returning, she certainly didnt back out for Neve, so why on earth would she do it for Barrera? lol! :D

Funny thing, today I finally received my SCREAM (2022) clear blood splattered vinyl after waiting since January 2022! 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

She made pro-Palestine comments on social media and whatever company currently makes Scream decided to take a stand with an alternative line of thought.

For clarity's sake, I'd describe her comments are more anti-Israel than "pro-Palestine". Had they been merely pro-Palestine, I don't think she would have been fired. I'll leave it at that b/c of the rules here, but people can read what she said and judge for themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I want them to do something wacky, like the killer be Sidney or Gale, or some invented backstory contrived nonsense to have it be someone we thought dead. It's not like the lore is sacred. Go crazy! Have fun.

Just now, leeallen01 said:

I want them to do something wacky, like the killer be Sidney or Gale, or some invented backstory contrived nonsense to have it be someone we thought dead. It's not like the lore is sacred. Go crazy! Have fun.

As long as they dont bring Stu back! That would be the end of this franchise for me! 😄

5 minutes ago, fenrik said:

As long as they dont bring Stu back! That would be the end of this franchise for me! 😄

Stu would be great. He only got his head smashed in by a tv. Remember that sidney says they always come back. Until you put a bullet in their head basically.

Stu should come back with the tv still attatched to his head. They could use it as another meta statement about themselves.

"You know, Sid! Kids can't get away from their screens these days!" 

And then Sidney kills him by connecting the wrong scart lead to his tv head.

"You always had a face for tv, Stu."

She says gleefully as his head explodes.

• 1 month later...