Doug Fake announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada this year

filmmusic

We're really analyzing his words! Considering he used the word "several" for the Horner releases, which I take to mean three. It could mean three or more, but I just think it's more likely he meant three. Thus, I conclude in this case "a couple" means two, exactly two. I don't think he meant at least two. He would know the exact number. He would have used "several" or "a few" if there were more than two.

Interesting that among native speakers from various parts of the world, the word "couple" can vary in meaning. Of course, I hope he meant more than two, but I just don't see any room for ambiguity. 

Anyway, my hopes... The Patriot and Catch Me If You Can. 

Aren't there a ton of alternates for Catch Me If You Can? Written at least if not recorded. I seem to remember Williams rewrote the opening titles a few times. Am I remembering correctly or imagining things?

50 minutes ago, pete said:

We're really analyzing his words! Considering he used the word "several" for the Horner releases, which I take to mean three. It could mean three or more, but I just think it's more likely he meant three. Thus, I conclude in this case "a couple" means two, exactly two. I don't think he meant at least two. He would know the exact number. He would have used "several" or "a few" if there were more than two.

Maybe he just didn't want to repeat himself. Sometime use "several", sometimes use "a few", sometimes a "couple of" just for variety of language. That is a stylistic device to not sound monotonous, that is commonly used for almost every utilization of language outside instruction manuals.

I know, synonyms can be confusing, but analysing language like that reminds me of capturing music by looking at the wave forms.

Is anyone else more excited about the Beltrami, JNH and Zimmer?

I say that because we know Williams' back catalogue is being actively worked through by MM and others, but we don't know what goes on with other composers.

I'm not. Even though Williams' back catalogue is being actively worked through, I'm still anxious whether I get to hear definitive presentations of Star Wars, Indy, Hook or the Patriot during my lifetime. That's why, as far as our speciality labels are concerned, I hope that every upcoming title is one of the latter two.

22 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I say that because we know Williams' back catalogue is being actively worked through by MM and others, but we don't know what goes on with other composers.

As Williams is the only composer, where I am interested in expansions, a clear no from my side.

26 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Beltrami no. Zimmer no. For now, I prefer their OSTs.

JNH it depends of the score.