The Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Enchantment Thread

JTN

What, in the name of all that is wholesome, have I walked into here? lol

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

But he is more open.  Why do you think he's not?

I meant open in the context of Indy and SW, and I didn't see your comment above mine that you reckon Disney is the problem behind these scores and not Williams.

Right, I know.... why do you think he's unopen to further expansions of Indy and SW?  There's zero evidence to support that claim, and plenty of evidence to the contrary - that he's open to expanding every score Mike brings to him

I revised the above just before you replied, sorry. Not trying to claim anything at all - I just didn't realise that it's so evident that Disney is the real problem behind Indy/SW inaction, given that Williams has historically clearly been so protective of those franchises.

And of course Williams is open wide to expanding his catalog now, but it always seemed those two were guarded far more closely.

1 hour ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

So who's going to write it up/host it?

It has to be someone whose English is perfect. Jay, Thor, Jurassic Shark, Edmilson are my top candidates. 

49 minutes ago, JTW said:

It has to be someone whose English is perfect. Jay, Thor, Jurassic Shark, Edmilson are my top candidates. 

I mean, in all seriousness, I'm not sure Thor would even care enough about the subject to be willing to write a petition for it.

I think Jay's honestly our best bet, should he be willing and able to do it.

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

More interesting is the right petition platform, that is accessible by everyone and might get the required recognition by Disney. 

change.org 

2 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

I think Jay's honestly our best bet, should he be willing and able to do it.

Yep. He's already a somewhat known figure in the JW fandom, having helped on a few John Williams expansions. He'll have a little more influence.

What matters the most is the petition itself and how many people sign it. And of course as much social media attention as possible.

I agree that Jay would be ideal to make the petition, but if he wanted to, he would have made it already. I don’t want to put pressure on anyone to make it, but I would be very grateful if someone did, and would sign it in a heartbeat. 

But wouldn't it be great if a petition started right here led to a release...

We could all say we played a small part. Future generations will have us to thank! Our names will be etched into history!!

So who wants to start it?

Alright, what does the body of the petition need to cover?

• Star Wars 1-9 and Indy 1-5 need expanded score releases
  • The most recent expansions are plagued with sound quality issues, and most of them aren't complete (The local experts on each score will have to go into detail on this)
  • The best person to spearhead this project is Mike Matessino, who has an impeccable track record in soundtrack expansions
  • The project should be done as soon as possible before the elements deteriorate any further

Anything else?  Anything that needs to be put into further detail?

13 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

Might as well throw any other post-2005 scores John did for Disney in the petition too.

I disagree.  The narrower and more specific our request is, the more likely it is it'll get done.

It's just Star Wars and Indy we're worried about at the moment.  The other post-2005 scores can wait; they aren't going anywhere.

If petitions worked at all, Kathleen Kennedy would've been out of Lucasfilm and The Last Jedi would've been remade in a more fan-friendly version already.

1 hour ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

I disagree.  The narrower and more specific our request is, the more likely it is it'll get done.

Well whatever, just show me what to sign and I’ll sign it!

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

If petitions worked at all, Kathleen Kennedy would've been out of Lucasfilm

My guess is getting the expansions should be much easier than trying to oust Kennedy.

And we need her to agree with this, so let's be nice. :)

7 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

Alright, what does the body of the petition need to cover?

• Star Wars 1-9 and Indy 1-5 need expanded score releases
  • The most recent expansions are plagued with sound quality issues, and most of them aren't complete (The local experts on each score will have to go into detail on this)
  • The best person to spearhead this project is Mike Matessino, who has an impeccable track record in soundtrack expansions
  • The project should be done as soon as possible before the elements deteriorate any further

Anything else?  Anything that needs to be put into further detail?

This is a great start! Don’t let anyone discourage you. If you write the first draft of the petition and put it in here or create a Petition Thread, I’m sure other members will help finalize it. It’s in all our best interest that Disney release these long awaited holy grails of expansions. So please write it if you want and we’ll all help you with the final version. 
Thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

If petitions worked at all, Kathleen Kennedy would've been out of Lucasfilm and The Last Jedi would've been remade in a more fan-friendly version already.

And the original versions of the OT would be on UHD.

And - for now - on the Original Trilogy since those are the best, the classic and the oldest of the Star Wars scores. 

- Have them restored, remastered and in their Complete form, by Mike Matessino, under the supervision of Maestro John Williams and approved by writer-director-producer George Lucas (if possible). 
- It’s a matter of preserving some of the most important soundtracks written to some of the most influential and beloved movies in film history, for future generations. 

38 minutes ago, JTW said:

And - for now - on the Original Trilogy since those are the best, the classic and the oldest of the Star Wars scores. 

- Have them restored, remastered and in their Complete form, by Mike Matessino, under the supervision of Maestro John Williams and approved by writer-director-producer George Lucas (if possible). 
- It’s a matter of preserving some of the most important soundtracks written to some of the most influential and beloved movies in film history, for future generations. 

Yeah!  And once Mike earns Disney's trust, they'll be more likely to let him expand the rest of them later!

1 hour ago, Mr. Hooper said:

It must've been a condition of his sale of Star Wars that the OT can never be released in a superior format or quality equal to the Special Editions, or at least not without his say-so.

People always assume this, but speaking as an attorney, it would be very unusual, and perhaps unenforceable, to have a contract written like this. Those films belong to Disney now, and they can do what they wish with them.

My suspicion is, it's more of a respect thing from Kennedy to Lucas, and perhaps there was a tacit understanding that the originals wouldn't be released, at least while he's alive.

All just pure speculation though. 

48 minutes ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

Yeah!  And once Mike earns Disney's trust, they'll be more likely to let him expand the rest of them later!

I guess it'll depend on the sales figures... Aren’t people saying it's because of the poor sales of the Episode I Ultimate Edition that Disney's being gun-shy?

18 minutes ago, Mr. Hooper said:

I guess it'll depend on the sales figures... Aren’t people saying it's because of the poor sales of the Episode I Ultimate Edition that Disney's being gun-shy?

First I've heard of this.  Who's saying that?

Legend has it that Sony didn’t do a planned AOTC Ultimate Edition due to the feedback from the TPM release.  I doubt the memory is that long across 25 years, a corporate acquisition, and a change in record label.

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Legend has it that Sony didn’t do a planned AOTC Ultimate Edition due to the feedback from the TPM release.  I doubt the memory is that long across 25 years, a corporate acquisition, and a change in record label.

The negative feedback of the UE, I'm aware of, but I haven't heard the bit where the UE had poor sales and that that's why Disney won't do new expansions for Star Wars.

12 minutes ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

The negative feedback of the UE, I'm aware of, but I haven't heard the bit where the UE had poor sales and that that's why Disney won't do new expansions for Star Wars.

That's just the theory I've seen floated around the internet.

2 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Those films belong to Disney now, and they can do what they wish with them.

I think STAR WARS (1977) still belongs to George Lucas. Disney can't touch it. 

1 hour ago, JTW said:

I think STAR WARS (1977) still belongs to George Lucas. Disney can't touch it. 

Star Wars (1977) belongs to the fans.

3 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Star Wars (1977) belongs to the fans.

image.gif