My prediction for 2024

Don’t give me hope!

All right, I’ll play along.

Yes, it’s a great idea that he gets his IPs back. But if he gets them back, he should follow my suggestions:

1. Fire Kathleen Kennedy, Dave Filoni and decanonize the “sequel trilogy”.
2. End all Disney+ TV shows and make a 3D animated trilogy based on his original story treatments.

3. Re-release the six Star Wars films in theaters six months apart, and release the OT on physical media in its original unaltered form as a combo package that has both the original and George’s final version of the films letting everyone choose the version they want to watch.
4. Release a 20-Disc Star Wars Saga Soundtrack Collection Box Set and a 10-Disc Indiana Jones Saga Soundtrack Collection Box Set.
5. Make infinite amount of EU novels, comic book series, video games and merchandising and make a shitload of money. Then retire and let me run his company under his supervision. 

38 minutes ago, JTW said:

1. Fire Kathleen Kennedy, Dave Filoni and decanonize the “sequel trilogy”.
2. End all Disney+ TV shows and make a 3D animated trilogy based on his original story treatments.

3. Re-release the six Star Wars films in theaters six months apart, and release the OT on physical media in its original unaltered form as a combo package that has both the original and George’s final version of the films letting everyone choose the version they want to watch.
4. Release a 20-Disc Star Wars Saga Soundtrack Collection Box Set and a 10-Disc Indiana Jones Saga Soundtrack Collection Box Set.
5. Make infinite amount of EU novels, comic book series, video games and merchandising and make a shitload of money. Then retire and let me run his company under his supervision.

6. Hire Jurassic Shark to be my personal assistant.

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

George Lucas finally releases his narrow art film, a six hour tome about belly button lint, and to everyone's surprise it's a gigantic success. He's now in a position to buy back Lucasfilm, including the Star Wars and Indy rights. He hires you to assess whether it's a good idea. What's your verdict?

Im anxiously awaiting a second good movie directed by George Lucas!  Maybe this is the one.

23 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Im anxiously awaiting a second good movie directed my George Lucas!  Maybe this is the one.

Big THX fan, huh? 

31 minutes ago, Schilkeman said:

Didn't you know he stole it all from Burroughs, and that Gary Kurtz was the secret genius of Star Wars?

I was obsessed with his beard. :lol:

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mr. Hooper said:

I would only hire Jurassic Shark as my co-CEO.

7 hours ago, mstrox said:

Im anxiously awaiting a second good movie directed my George Lucas!

THX 1138 and AMERICAN GRAFFITI are outstanding films. 

52 minutes ago, JTW said:

THX 1138 and AMERICAN GRAFFITI are outstanding films. 

I agree. There really isn't anything else like them. George, much like his mentor Coppola, uses film in a very holistic way. Those films are the sound design and visuals. The story is lower on the list of priorities.

For Star Wars, he had to write a story, and we can debate about how well he did that (I think he did a tremendous job), but he still brought that emphasis on sound and visuals. Those films are never not a wonder to hear and see.

10 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

George Lucas finally releases his narrow art film, a six hour tome about belly button lint, and to everyone's surprise it's a gigantic success. He's now in a position to buy back Lucasfilm, including the Star Wars and Indy rights. He hires you to assess whether it's a good idea. What's your verdict?

Not to over-intelectualise a joke, but when Lucas talks about "non-character, non-narrative tone poems" he's talking about stuff like these two shorts of his:

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's your verdict?

By March Chat GPT becomes bored of answering stupid questions and decides to become a famous film composer. Within three Month It becomes so successful, that all Hollywood movies, released in the last quarter of 2024 are scored by Chat GPT.

It works under numerous pseudonyms, that get recognized as real people. Everyone at JWFan becomes fan and spends all their money on these scores. At the beginning of 2025 every JWFan member is broke, starving and dying happily from hunger listening to the new AI generated music or creating fan edits or just looking at the wave forms.