Azkaban's trailer music IS by Williams, because.......

SkyMaker

Folks,

I had attended a film scoring class last month, (October) at USC's Spielberg Scoring Stage, and a veteran film music violinist was lecturing, and he mentioned that there is a new Harry Potter trailer he will be recording in the next few days.

Therefore, it's true that this trailer is well and truly composed by Williams. We can be assured.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm pretty confident that it is indeed Williams, your story only proves that *someone* wrote original music for the trailer. Actually, they could even just do a new recording of some previously existing piece...

Marian - :wave:

why didn't you tell us this...last month?

K.M.

Actually, I didn't think anymore of it after it was mentioned, since, I figured, it's only a trailer.

I'll eat my hat if that isn't Williams we're hearing.

And William Ross did a good job imitating Williams on Chambers, but you still can still pick out the moments that HAVE to be Williams, like Dueling The Basilisk.

It's amazing how catchy it is, it IS williams.

My favorite little section of the chorus from the trailer is when it cuts to the wanted poster of Sirius Black, the little part there is quite nice. Along with the showing of the titles which has the little Bells theme we all know and love

I'll eat my hat if that isn't Williams we're hearing.

And William Ross did a good job imitating Williams on Chambers, but you .

well,since you atre new here,that debate has been largely settled here.Williams composed everything in CoS.Ross just re-recorded cues from the PS score and made them fit in the film(the re-hash cues)

Indeed, I am aware of this, but he still had to "imitate" Williams's style in those cues. In a way.

Anyway, Chamber of Secrets is an outstanding score, I myself prefer it to both the first Potter score AND Attack of the Clones, both great scores in their own right.

My favorite little section of the chorus from the trailer is when it cuts to the wanted poster of Sirius Black, the little part there is quite nice

Agreed, that's a very catchy little segue in the song there, and goes along nicely with Black's poster . . . I really hope this music is released on the soundtrack.

Ray Barnsbury

well,since you atre new here,that debate has been largely settled here.Williams composed everything in CoS.Ross just re-recorded cues from the PS score and made them fit in the film(the re-hash cues)

...and even some of those sounded better than what was heard in the first film.

I'll wait for real confirmation .... thank you!  

William, do you ever look at the main page?

there is real confirmation.

Going to the board and not looking at the main page is like eating dinner, commenting on how good it is but never acctually noticing you are eating pizza. :)

Justin

there is real confirmation.

Actually, that's just Ricard saying it sounds "100% like Williams". While I blindly trust Ricard's ear and criteria, and agree with him, it isn't official yet. It's just a pretty obvious guess.

I wonder about that sometimes.

K.M.

Yeah, me too. It keeps me awake at night...

Yeah as the dude said above its not an official confirmation. I firmly believe it is his music. Ricard is most likely correct. I just meant I'll wait for the confirmation from the studio or Williams himself.

Going to the board and not looking at the main page is like eating dinner, commenting on how good it is but never acctually noticing you are eating pizza. 8O

Justin

I don't see the metaphor...why can't one like eating pizza for dinner? :P

I don't see the metaphor...why can't one like eating pizza for dinner?

The metaphor is that you never look at what you are eating. Like never looking at the main page....it's a work in progress. 8O

Justin

exactomundoliciousnous

Please don't call a spell on us! :cry:

LOL

I was searching for something to say about this that didn't have "gay" in my sentense

K.M.

exactomundoliciousnous

Alright Wael, you yell at me for making up words and then you completely blashphemize yourself with this?

I was searching for something to say about this that didn't have "gay" in my sentense  

K.M.

Hmm how about gaylicious? Dammit I said gay!

I had attended a film scoring class last month, (October) at USC's Spielberg Scoring Stage

Cool! So you're in the business yet?

exactomundoliciousnous

Please don't call a spell on us! :cry:

LOL

K.M.

Here I miss something I think...

Sounds like 100% Williams for me too :)

By the way, Jostein, how come did you take the very same picture for your logo as mine ? I know I haven't posted very much lately... but still...

gosh, I'll have to find another one.

Does anyone know when Terminal is scheduled on recording sessions ? (february i guess ?)

Philippe

I had attended a film scoring class last month, (October) at USC's Spielberg Scoring Stage

Cool! So you're in the business yet?

No. :cry:

Ocelot is a homo

KM is kinda afraid of homo's

Ocelot has a photo of his boyfriend as his avatar.

KM does not like to browse through the MB when he has visitors cause he is afraid Ocelot's avatar might geive them the wrong idea about KM.

Ocelot gets laid several times a week.

KM lives with his cat.

I'm sure everything is clear now.

Stefancos- wondering is Weal is the husband or wife.... :)

LOL, Husband or Wife?????????? Why do I have to choose one......... Oh wait... KM... KM????? You there? Which would you like to be, I'll be the other.....

Ocelot is a homo

KM is kinda afraid of homo's

Ocelot has a photo of his boyfriend as his avatar.

KM does not like to browse through the MB when he has visitors cause he is afraid Ocelot's avatar might geive them the wrong idea about KM.

Ocelot gets laid several times a week.

KM lives with his cat.

I'm sure everything is clear now.

Stefancos- wondering is Weal is the husband or wife.... ;)

LOL :| LOL

I must print this one... :nono:

LOL, Husband or Wife?????????? Why do I have to choose one......... Oh wait... KM... KM?????  You there?  Which would you like to be, I'll be the other.....

:| This is getting histerical :nono:

Anyway back on topic .....

Is JW going to be using the LSO for this score?

I believe he used the LSO for the first one and the London Philharmonic Orchestra for the 2nd right?

Thats right KM! Thanks for reminding me!

I forgot because the logic behind it seems odd.

Why would the LSO be hired for the 2nd but not the first.

Uusually its the other way around. The LSO does the original film but then after than the film's makers dont want to spend so much money on such an expensive orchestra.

I mean like with the Indy series only the first one was scored by the LSO.

Scheduling conflicts didn't permit the full LSO to record the first Potter score if I recall. But I believe there are many of the same musicians in both orchestras, and the first score is every bit as well played (not to mention recorded, thanks to NOT using Shawn Murphy) as the second. I hope they keep Murphy out of the 3rd too.

I believe the LSO was busy for the first one.

Justin -Who also beilives that CoS is the first JW score, other than a Star Wars movie, since Monsignor to be performed by the LSO.