Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Legend of Zorro was decent, fun int he movie, but not much was new when you've heard Mask of Zorro.

I got New World from the library once... put me to sleep.

but not much was new

Because Gilderoy Lockhart's theme wasn't out of Indiana Jones. Because the Sorcerer's Stone theme wasn't the Emperor's theme with one note offset....need I go on?

Because the Sorcerer's Stone theme wasn't the Emperor's theme with one note offset....need I go on?

Whaaaat? The Emperor's theme is 12 notes long. The first phrase is six notes long. The Stone theme is three notes. With only one interval similar to the Emperor's theme.

When will this madness with the Emperor's theme end?

Because the Sorcerer's Stone theme wasn't the Emperor's theme with one note offset....need I go on?

Whaaaat? The Emperor's theme is 12 notes long. The first phrase is six notes long. The Stone theme is three notes. With only one interval similar to the Emperor's theme.

When will this madness with the Emperor's theme end?

The fact that people can make the connection shows the conceptual similarities....conceptual similarities that define "hack" when it comes to James Horner, but are excused away with any available explanation in Williams' case .

Don't be a hypocrit now.   

This topic again? Horner being a hack isn't defined by conceptual similarities, but by literal cut and pasted passages from other works. The FSM Podcast on the topic sums it up nicely (although they left out some of the most jarring examples)

This topic again? Horner being a hack isn't defined by conceptual similarities, but by literal cut and pasted passages from other works. The FSM Podcast on the topic sums it up nicely (although they left out some of the most jarring examples)

I need to come up with my John Williams version of that before the end of this year.  

July should be a great month for Potterdom!

Ray Barnsbury - who will have entered the real world by then :blink:

Ah yes, so did I the year a Potter book came out (OotP). Hope you're getting everything planned out well. :)

It's from the OotP teaser poster:

p-hp5t.jpg

In other news, Warner Bros. and IMAX have issued a press release announcing that the climax of the film ("approximately 20 minutes at the end of the film") will be transformed to 3D for IMAX showings. Looks like another trip to Amsterdam for me. :)

And finally, here's two new images from the next movie:

1~0.jpg

2~1.jpg

Looks spooky. I'll bet a genuine big foot video that Harry and Hermione will become special agents for the Ministry of Magic investigating alien abductions and paranormal activity too bizarre even for the wizarding world.

Trust no one, Agent Potter.

Would you prefer Harry crawling on the floor looking for his glasses? Or Hermione in bra and panties?

gkgyver - hoping Emma Watson is legal (at last)

Would you prefer Harry crawling on the floor looking for his glasses? Or Hermione in bra and panties?

Actually yes, I would.

Actually yes, I would.

How dare you lust after older women?!

Pedophile scum!

You do realize that I'm younger than Emma Watson, right? And if anyone the pedophile its you, at least, in America.

Pedophile scum!

You do realize that I'm younger than Emma Watson, right? And if anyone the pedophile its you, at least, in America.

In America???

How irrelevant can your argument be, they aren't allowed to drink untill they are 21......

there's a leaked version of the new trailer at Mugglenet.It sounds like the music is getting closer and closer to PotC style action music.I hear no trace of Hedwig's theme

I was under the impression they hadn't even began scoring the film yet.

Who would want to go through the trouble of leaking a Matt Hooper score in advance

Yes heavens forbid another composer might be worth listening to, especially one nobody knows too much about to make an honest opinion.

Who would want to go through the trouble of leaking a Matt Hooper score in advance

This guy's scoring movies now?!

f7522.jpg

Unless you meant Nicholas Hooper. :rolleyes:

Ray Barnsbury