The Last Crusade Vol. 2 The Unreleased Mus

A24

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God in the 90's we had Cartoon Network born unto us, with Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Lab or Johnny Bravo. Save for the latter, they were all a lot more intelligent that any of the alternatives mentioned here.

Well, yes.

Now which one of you underlings is going to send me that bootleg already?

Or at least try to answer this question:

(Bump.)

I need to redo my complete Last Crusade edit because I lost some things. So I wanted some verification here.

As I understand it the tracks ran 4% to fast and the soundchannels were reversed.

So do you need to correct the pitch with 4%, meaning speed + tone?

So just like correcting the PAL speedup or what? How come that boot suffers from the same problem as videos and DVDs? Can't be a coincidence right? I mean, it's the music, it's not the moving picture...?

Also, I have to reverse the left and the right channel on every track?

• 3 months later...

Hey, talkin' about bumping old threads... :lol:

I have to ask this one: I recently found this 2-CD Expanded boot (which comprises the offically released tracks from the OST combined with the "Vol.2" bootleg tracks, in chronological order) and it seems to my ears that this version has the fixed unreleased tracks (with the exception of "Dunn and Duffy Circus Train"). Am I correct? Or are those tracks still at the wrong speed?

Thanks! :)

Maurizio -- who really wants an official expanded edition of this score (and ToD too, of course)

I don't know. I've got ChrisCrusherComix's set, and as far as I can tell, the only unofficial cues that are correct are "Dunn and Duffy Circus Train" (which has been correctly mixed onto "Indy's Very First Adventure") and "Iskenderun (source)." I'd love to hear if there's a set with the correct pitch.

And by the way, Groundhog Day is a great movie. Have fun, Marc. :lol:

I need a better version of "The Jonese Tied Up" which is one of the best pieces by Williams I know.

Er, we haven't got the drum overlays for the scene where Indy runs into Hitler, nor the fanfare that ends the scene.

Personal favourite cue, right there.

As far as I know the only thing we don't have in some form it the floor on fire cue, which can be DVD ripped but with a fair amount of SFX.

Also: some missing music in the Belly of the Steel Beast film version, the opening of the film (the drums leading into Indy's Very First Adventure - can be ripped clean), the opening to Escape from Venice (can be ripped and edited clean), the cue between X Marks the Spot and the Catacombs.

All of that except for the opening drums are on ChrisCrusherComix's set, and the X/Catacombs insert as well as the "The Floor's on Fire" cue both have a fair amount of dialogue echoes in them, sadly. If anyone can get a better mix, that would be awesome.

Er, we haven't got the drum overlays for the scene where Indy runs into Hitler, nor the fanfare that ends the scene.

Personal favourite cue, right there.

As was said, it is edited--I believe the drum overlays were recorded for that bit, but the ending fanfare comes from the "Der Konigratzer" recording which is also on the CCC set.

...as well as the "The Floor's on Fire" cue both have a fair amount of dialogue echoes in them, sadly.

That's wierd. The rip I did has no dialogue, just some of SFX (the fire once it get around the room, and the Nazi alarm).

The music when Donovan says "Germany has declared war on the Jones" is still missing from my bootlegs, and it contains some great renditions of both the Nazi parade and the scherzo.

The music when Donovan says "Germany has declared war on the Jones" is still missing from my bootlegs, and it contains some great renditions of both the Nazi parade and the scherzo.

Isnt it part of the unreleased 'floor is on fire'?

It is indeed. That exact snippet is on ChrisCrusherComix's set, and it comes out clean. It's a shame it wasn't on the bootleg.