The Last Crusade Vol. 2 The Unreleased Mus

A24

Anyone has it? Is this worth buying?

indyboot-cd.gif

01. The Manuscript [3:33] (* The Pen is Mightier than the Sword)

02. The Portuguese Coast [2:14]

03. Packet from Dad [0:52]

04. Inscription on the Rock [1:00]

05. Into the Catecombs [2:36]

06. Nazi Stronghold [1:46]

07. Papa Jones [2:05]

08. "Put Down the Gun!" [1:58]

09. Escape in the Truck [0:49]

10. The Jones' Tied Up [2:35]

11. Blasphemy - Berlin [1:05]

12. Death of the Messenger from God [2:21]

13. Papa Jones Shot [2:51]

14. The Wrong Chalice - Papa Jones is Healed [4:27]

15. Flight to Austria [1:24]

16. Ransacked House [2:01] (* The Berlin Air Terminal )

17.-28. Dedicated to the TV-series Amazing Stories

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound ranges from mono to average stereo. I wouldn't pay any money for it.

You might be able to persuade some of the members here to send you the clips.

If you feel like spending money on a bootleg then by all means buy it.

Well, I not buying anything if the sound quality is bad. I've heard this CD can be quite expensive ($38) but the one I've found is pretty cheap.

The sound quality is quite bad in places, but not so bad that the music itself can't be heard clearly... it just has this muddled aspect to it. But IMHO, that's worth it, because some of those unreleased tracks are really good.

The sound changes. If you really like the music, get it. I wouldn't listen to the cd often unless I really loved the music, which I do. I need a real version of The Portuguese Coast.

But better ones should turn up, now that the DVD is out.

That CD is the proof that an expanded official release is desperately needed. Tons of great unreleased music with really bad sound.

Marian - who has a CDR. :)

:music: Death and the Maiden (Schubert & Kilar)

Also note that the pitch is off on this disc. I think it's a bit too fast. And the sound quality is wretched.

Also note that it has Amazing Stories on it which is also an awesome score by Williams.

Neil

But your better off with the Varese rerecording of that one. The sound quality alone makes it worth it, adn the performances are great.

But your better off with the Varese rerecording of that one. The sound quality alone makes it worth it, adn the performances are great.

What Varese re-recording? The Joel McNeely one? That's all Herrmann's work.

Holy Moly! I never saw this one! Is...is it good Williams?

"Jonathan Begins to Draw" and "The Landing" are excellent! They make this album an essential purchase.

Neil

Holy Moly! I never saw this one! Is...is it good Williams?

"Jonathan Begins to Draw" and "The Landing" are excellent! They make this album an essential purchase.

Neil

eh,right,read my Top 10 Williams tracks

K.M.

With the Indy DVD's released and Indy 4 not happening anytime soon if at all,I say the chances of a legit complete release of these scores is almost non-existant..Any cue is worth buying the boot for.

K.M.

About the last crusade cues...

I got em but the sound 'the pitch' i think, is slow

I heard a memeer here has fixxed the pitch with cooledit or another program... is that true, how can i do it?

Luke, who has not burned those on CD yet waiting for an oportunity to get the right pitch cues...

It is a must, as it features many great cues from a great score. But, the sound quality is pretty poor, don't pay, just trade with a friend.

At last you broke the silence.

Luke, who did not wanted to say it without the owners' permission, since it could be classified files... ;)

Do you know who he did it?

Luke, who would like to try...

That CD is a bootleg. I have it (pressed CD that I got in a trade), plus I have the EJ "corrected-pitch" one too, although I didn't care for the corrections... I think the slow tracks work fine until we get a legit one. As Steef said... he has it too, but he re-arranged the tracks for his version. I personally coupled mine with the Amazing Stories Boot.

The unreleased TLC music is very good, especially that "Cross Of Coronado" theme in "Portugese Coast." Great cues... I've nominated it as my favorite Williams motif or cue that was used the least. It was used so little that it was almost wasted!

And speaking of Amazing Stories, the sound quality is superior on the legit re-recording, but I prefer the Williams-Williams performances on the boot. We need that somewhere, maybe coupled with the other unreleased Williams episode. That would be a treat. Who owns those masters?

I have the EJ "corrected-pitch" one too, although I didn't care for the corrections... I think the slow tracks work fine until we get a legit one.

That is ridiculous. Let me get this straight, you prefer the clearly flawed versions???

And speaking of Amazing Stories, the sound quality is superior on the legit re-recording

That's usually the case with boots vs. legit albums.

Neil

And speaking of Amazing Stories, the sound quality is superior on the legit re-recording

That's usually the case with boots vs. legit albums.

Yes, although I've been spoiled lately. Many of the Williams boots sound friggin' great. (And some even better than their legit ones :P .) Too bad the Last Crusade is not up to par with most of the other boots.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I have a question about Markus in Iskenderum (the source music). Does it need to be fixxed? It sound normal to me, and in the complete cue analisys it says it was out of every bootleg, and found in other place, so...

I do think not that this musik needs to be fixed.

It sounds perfekt to me, i play it all the time in my house and in my work.

I think it's my favorite John Williams piece of musik.

The Iskendurun source and the Der Konigthingy parade are from a different (better) source than all the other unreleased cues, and do not require any correction.

I have a question about Markus in Iskenderum (the source music). Does it need to be fixxed? It sound normal to me, and in the complete cue analisys it says it was out of every bootleg, and found in other place, so...

Did he write that? I've been meaning to ask that for a while, never remembered.

Neil: I don't know.... to me a couple of cues sound better slowed down. The 1st track and/or Portugese Coast at least. Just that way for me, I think. Well, KM said he thought the non-corrected ones sounded better to him too I think?

And as for Amazing Stories, I love the performances of Williams' conducted originals. The sound quality is excellent on the re-recording, but I still prefer Williams anyday. That is not demeaning the re-recording... anybody that doesn't have it should get it!

KM: Yes, I've been back since the 1st of May, but I came down with a sore throat/upper-respitory cold that turned into a HORRID eye infection upon my return so I was a mess. The cold weather here brought it out after having such nice warm weather there. Thankfully, it warmed back up here and I feel much better now. I was just preparing you some CDs earlier today in fact. Morlock as well. Now to send them! :)

And as for Amazing Stories, I love the performances of Williams' conducted originals. The sound quality is excellent on the re-recording, but I still prefer Williams anyday. That is not demeaning the re-recording... anybody that doesn't have it should get it!

Great! I just ordered it.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Neil: I don't know.... to me a couple of cues sound better slowed down. The 1st track and/or Portugese Coast at least. Just that way for me, I think. Well, KM said he thought the non-corrected ones sounded better to him too I think?

Er, I think the non-corrected pitch is the one that goes too fast, so the corrected ones would have to be the ones that are slowed down...

In Spain (as in every country that has the PAL TV system), the movies DO run 4% too fast. I suppose that's why the boot cues are too fast, too.

Marian - who gets the US DVDs for music-heavy movies for that reason.