What will Terminal sound like?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, King Mark, I hope so. Well, more correctly, Eastern European, right? Has Williams ever done a Slavic piece? I love Russian and the such kind of music. Perhaps merely and understated Slavic influence (there I go again with the influence) in this kind of movie, but, still, I'd like it.

~Conor

And will there be a guest instrument in this score? You know, like the classical guitar in Stepmom. The solo cello in Seven Years In Tibet, etc.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I have difficulty imagining what this score will be like. RThe subject is not one of my favourtes as I have stated before. The film is a romantic comedy/drama and thus it has a need for both kind of scoring. I do not expect anything bold or grand. A sort of intimate small score. But still there is a comedy element (I hope no overtly intetious comedic slapstick scoring) brings a more light hearted element to the score and could at the same time bring little life in it in the style of Catch Me if You Can. It would be hilarious to have a bad guy theme a'la The Burglar theme from Home Alone for Stanley Tucci's air port security officer LOL .

A busy airport theme would be fantastic but you never know.

and I don't know should the Eastern European origin of the main character be emphasized by music. To me that sound little too corny.

I'll see. I'll definately be going to see this film. A Williams/Spielberg collaboration is enough for me. :) Unfortunately, the film won't be out here until September 16. :(

- Marc

ROTFLMAO Michael Kamen - Overture from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves :sigh:

Oh, yes. When I say Eastern European, I don't mean a big, choral, Soviet blast. I mean a quiet, almost bouncy, very reserved, bassoon, perhaps, Slavic theme. I don't really know how to describe it. A harp and bassoon or tuba, but not like Fluffy's Harp. Just a light Slavic theme. But if it's a jazzy score, that may not fit in. But, then again, would a jazzy score fit in? Sabrina-esque? If Spielberg has a shot of Tucci's feet as he walks down a hall, maybe a touch of Imperial March? I have no clue what the movie will be like, so I cannot really speculate on the music. Oh, well. I kind of like that feeling.

~Conor

AICN has reports of the test screenings..looks like were really heading for a light romantic comedy chick flick.... :angry: Nobody mentionned the score yet.

K.M.

Bah,I said Krakovian,because the Hanks character says he's from Krakovia.

Williams is sometimes predictable by us JWFANS

K.M.

And will there be a guest instrument in this score? You know, like the classical guitar in Stepmom. The solo cello in Seven Years In Tibet, etc.

Hah! What did I say about the guest instrument, aye?!

Williams is sometimes predictable by us JWFANS.

------------

King Alex

It's from Jeff Beal's Pollock score, the 'Alone in The Crowd' track. You could download the track here, at Beal's site.

01 - The Tale of Viktor Mavorski

02 - Dinner With Amelia

03 - A Legend is Born

04 - Viktor and His Friends

05 - The Fountain Scene

06 - The Wedding of Officer Torres

07 - Jazz Autographs *

08 - Refusing to Escape

09 - Krakozhia National Anthem and Homesickness

10 - Looking for Work

11 - Gupta's Deliverance

12 - Finding Coins and Learning to Read

13 - "Destiny"... "Canneloni"... and the Tale of Viktor Navorski (Reprise)

14 - A Happy Navorski Ending!

Can't wait to hear

Krakozhia National Anthem! Ha. What a pallette of splendour this will be. These track titles are Williams' most inspired in a long time.

This soundtrack sounds better than expected! It looks like there will be NO SOURCE music, non williams stuff on it!! It also looks like we will get our taste of jazz on this album as well! There should be a very beautiful culture rich score that has not been here since Angela's Ashes and the Patriot, I hope we get a taste of Far and Away. This should be very impressive!

01 - The Tale of Viktor Mavorski

14 - A Happy Navorski Ending!

I'm confused. How do you spell the man's name again?

This soundtrack sounds  better than expected!

How's the weather two weeks ahead of here?

The thing that startles me the most about this track list is that track after the usual Main Theme Reprise. Usually those cover the end credits, so having a track after it (and a track that makes a referrence to the ending) makes me wonder about either that final track or the nature of the reprised theme.

Does anyone know if Jazz autographs is source music or williams music?

I was just wondering that myself initially. It definitely appears to be Williams music. I can't wait to hear this score now.

As I said in the other thread, I expect heavy influences from Sabrina. Its a similar kind of movie. Of course there will also be some ethnic influences as well, but I fully expect that will be more of a secondary factor in the score.