Spielbergs next project (with Tom Cruise)

ocelot

It just came on TV that Spielbergs next project starting immediately is War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. So everything else is postponed including MI3.

Is this old news? If it is, sorry.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Andreas and Marian will be watching a film called Krieg von den Welten in cinema's.

Stefancos- watching and enjoying the 1936 Olympics in Hitler's Germany.

(hmmm....a olympic football match, Italy against Austria, must have been a friendly game :) )

Raumschiff Enterprise? :mrgreen: And Krieg der Sterne is a horrible mistranslation.

So Andreas and Marian will be watching a film called Krieg von den Welten in cinema's.

What makes you think I'm going to watch a dub in a cinema?

Marian - :roll:

Actually,War of the Worlds has the potential to be a Spileberg extravanganza like we haven't had since JP.I am looking forward to it,and this one has the definite possiblity of an epic JW score to boot.

K.M.

Alan, I am ignorant, so I don't get your little jest, care to explain.

Well,Williams not scoring GoF but scoring War of the Worlds is least worse than Williams not scoring GoF but scoring Vengeance.

KM, if WotW starts filming in November, then John will have a window of opportunity to score both films. I really can't see a November start allow for a 2005 release, seems like a short preproduction, production and post production. Still GOF will be finished with principle photography by the time WotW starts filming.

Either way, whatever happens, 2005 should be an exciting year for John Williams whatever he decides to do.

I just saw on Film Force where WotW is going to be $100M+? That's a big movie, considering a lot of pretty big action movies are made for at least $20M less. It also said it would have heavy special effects. Wow...this might just be the closest thing we have to Spielberg's version of Star Wars. I'm not worried when I hear a Spielberg movie is going to have a lot of special effects. Roger Ebert's review of Minority Report pretty much sums up why I think so.

I love your insights Joe, so penetrating, so very on the nose.

and I love your insights AI, on my insights, so penetrating, so revealing :mrgreen:

THX, Spielberg films have always had less effects than most people think, he places them well within his films. He's never had a film like Lucas' with thousands of effects, I seem to remember that none of Steven's films have had more than 500 individual effects shots.

I just saw on Film Force where WotW is going to be $100M+?  That's a big movie, considering a lot of pretty big action movies are made for at least $20M less.  It also said it would have heavy special effects.  Wow...this might just be the closest thing we have to Spielberg's version of Star Wars.  I'm not worried when I hear a Spielberg movie is going to have a lot of special effects.  Roger Ebert's review of Minority Report pretty much sums up why I think so.
THR says the shot count for War has yet to be determined, however, it will most likely not be as large as Spielberg's last genre outing, Minority Report, which boasted 400 special effects shots

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/538/538578p1.html

Of course, Williams could pull a Harold Kloser, and...

...I'm sorry, did I just say that, at JWFAN.NET?  Silly me.

Actually I was just considering purchasing that one. Great theme.

It will certainly be very interesting to see what direction Spielberg takes, but I'm not sure if the material is really right to make a great movie, but we'll see if Spielberg thinks so.

I just saw they're going for the largest budget ever, which I guess will be over $200 million dollars.

Still, aliens being the bad guys in a Spielberg movie just doesn't see right to me.

no, they are anticipating about a $100 million dollar budget which would be the largest ever for a Spielberg film, not largest budget of all time.

I was old enough to understand it was insulting. You know the gay character in that movie with his hoarse voice? Brrrrrr! That truly must be cinema at its worst.

I never knew I could hate till I saw an Emmerich feature.

----------------

Alex Cremers

You know the gay character in that movie with his hoarse voice?  

you mean Harvey Fierstein? He just wants to be loved, is that so wrong!!!!

no, they are anticipating about a $100 million dollar budget which would be the largest ever for a Spielberg film, not largest budget of all time.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/dfn...s.html#anchorx1

Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds looks set to be the most expensive film ever made. According to industry insiders, the film's production budget could top $120m, beating the record set by James Cameron's elephantine Titanic in 1997. In Cameron's case, the gamble paid off. Titanic went on to earn more than $1bn at the global box office

Well, a couple of months ago it was said that GoF would be the most expensive movie ever made, now it's going to be WotW. Wonder if either report will end up being true? We'll find out.

Ummmm both A.I. and Minority Report had 100+ million dollar budgets.