EP3 TrailerNo2-I've just seen it (Spoilers)

AMVANQUISH007

In my capacity of working within the UK Film Industry, I was today privy to not only viewing Robots(which is very good) but also the latest Episode 3 trailer which will be attached to it on release.All I can say is this:

AWESOME-MINDBLOWING -JAWDROPPING-INCREDIBLE and DARK

I watched 2 minutes of the vision of George Lucas and all I can say is that what I saw numbed my senses.What flew out of the screen at me was effects that rendered me absolutely speechless until at the end I was heard to say 'FFFFFFFFFUCK'.The same went for every other individual that was sat in the auditorium with me.

THIS IS THEE STAR WARS TRAILER THAT WE HAVE ALL WANTED TO SEE.Its got the action, the darkness, the turmoil and a damned good idea of what we can expect from the story.

It opens with three( what looks like) X or Y wing fighters flying under a planet which looks like Tattoine and ends with a side view of Darth Vader but its whats in between that blows you away.Space battles are regularly interspersed between the acting scenes which are all fast and furious. Battles involving hundreds maybe thousands of Star/Space ships and explosions which you'll have to rewind on the eventual DVD to get the full depth and breadth. What it looked like in 35mm was jawdropping but I would very much like to be in an auditorium playing ROTS in full 70mm Digital sound

The early part of the trailer seems to be centered quite a bit on Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine and his deception to all concerned. He says words to the effect of 'its not only the Jedi that can sort problems out' before, who I can only assume are, accusers out of camera shot.Then the camera moves to him revealing what appears to be a black light sabre under his cloak and from what I can remember he flies at everybody in this one shot. We next seem him face contorted in the familiar Emporer role in several scenes. We see shots Of Anakin and Obi Wan fighting against a background of crashing Lava flows. A Yoda whose eyes glow blue. Snippets of Grievous-very sinister. Anakin with scar, walking and leading lines of troops from a vertical camera position. A crying Padme and and a worried Samuel Jackson. Couldnt remember Jar Jar Binks but the wookies are there fighting. Also an array of new vehicles and transports. As you can expect it was so much to take in but what I will say is this re the music.

Now being a JW fan I studied the trailer for anything new musicwise.But Rick Mcallum was right in his webcast. There is no new John Williams music in this trailer and yes it does utilize music from the past 5 films. But what I will say is that right in the middle of it there is a kettle drum roll lasting 10secs or more when Anakin and Obiwan are fighting in the lava explosions that I cannot remember being in any of the previous films. It appears to be a new composition.

Now to take all this in. in a few minutes is not easy. i would have liked to have seen the trailer twice. I apologize now if some of what I have said is slightly misjudged but when you all see it in a few weeks time I am sure you will all agree with me that this was the Star Wars trailer to end the saga with. And if what i saw in this trailer is just a snippet of what the final film will be. then George Lucas has redeemed himself and created a masterpiece.

If trailers were to be given an Oscar this would win hands down.

Enjoy it when you see it, its marvellous.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This 'Euphoria' is warranted and justified. It is a great trailer. Trust Me!

So the euphoria is for the trailer and not the film the trailer is advertising?

What's wise is to go into it (or anything) with an open mind.

And "diskobolus" said he wasn't falling for the hype, which means he is tempering his expectations and is going into the movie not expecting the greatness which the trailer apparently promises. Sounds to me like he has more of an open mind then those going in fully expecting it to be great.

Neil

Links to this thread have just been posted at TFN boards, so expect the hit count on this thread to skyrocket. :)

Indeed. The view count was at 1138 before I clicked on it just now. Does that mean something?

It's what three weeks before they release the trailer?

ttbk_who is too lazy to see what day it is today, and is looking forward to both the score and the movie...

P.S. Hello TFN people! :)

This 'Euphoria' is warranted and justified. It is a great trailer. Trust Me!

I've seen some great Prequel Trailers. I'm sure the trailer is very good.

Justin

After the last SW score I have very low expectations on the music front unfortunately. However, I have every expectation that the new movie will be better than the last two. Unless George Lucas has decided that Howard the Duck should appear to kill Mace Windu...

I don't wish for much but I hope that the duels won't be as silly as the last time. Not only were they silly to look at, they were also very messy in the director's department.

----------------

Alex Cremers

After the last SW score I have very low expectations on the music front unfortunately. However, I have every expectation that the new movie will be better than the last two. Unless George Lucas has decided that Howard the Duck should appear to kill Mace Windu...

From the composition point of view or the music editing?

We all know how butchered this stuff gets. I have really enjoyed both the prequel scores - some moments more than others of course.