Loads of new JW & ROTS material on HS link

tranders

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one? :)

Then again, what we've heard from the scoring reports Williams very much seems to feel this is the moment for a big finale, even though it's supposed to be the middle of the story.

I can only imagine how Williams chose to end the saga.

Just watch Return of the Jedi for the answer to that question. :)

Neil

Well,maybe he wrote it the way he was denied for RotJ.

I love how the new Victory Celebration is written in minor, to suggest sadness about the saga ending, even though it was full of positive events... so I can't imagine that the true final film of the saga, which ends in negative events no less (despite "New Hope" track title), would be in a major key or anything. It's going to be deeply emotional, for which "Luke and Leia" would be the perfect quotation... but there has been no mention of the use of this theme yet. :)

Anakin's Betrayal could also be a new theme/concert piece, as sugessted earlier. Normally the second track is where they are, and we know that Battle of the Heroes is also one.

And I've got a feeling that a good chunk of the Battle of Coruscant will be unreleased. And I can live with that to make the space for the entire finale. I just hope we get that one cue that was described as a cross between the Yavin/Hoth battle cues and got the "Cool!" from Lucas.

I think the 'Revenge of the Sith' half of the opening cue will be 'Lament'. That is, after all, the cue which accompanies the scene where the Sith revenge themselves on the Jedi for centuries of grievances.

Good. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen it. :)

However, I agree... Lucas DOES take too many opinions into account instead of making his own movie AND keeping the intent of the original score recordings.

Prediction in 2002: We will never see another choppage like Conveyor Belt-through-Battle of Coruscant-through-End titles. It was too severe, too sloppy, too unprofessional (and ruined the end of that movie for me, personally)... it's highly unlikely that will ever happen again.

I think the 'Revenge of the Sith' half of the opening cue will be 'Lament'. That is, after all, the cue which accompanies the scene where the Sith revenge themselves on the Jedi for centuries of grievances.

Interesting. Though now that you mention it, the Lament cue could perhaps be Anakin's Betrayal. I'm hoping this supposedly deeply moving choral piece gets its own track on the CD. And since there has been so much talk about it, they may have decided to put it before Battle of the Heroes. Though it seems more logical to have it near the end of the CD, since Battle of the Heroes will also feature chorus.

Ted

I cannot stomach this track list. Sorry, I know Williams isn't the Title Master, but this is just too much... "I Am the Senate"? Ridiculous. Who confirmed this list?

Yeah I can't grip the gripes with the track list, other than that it is not very consistent with the prequels' track titles, and the paltry fact a few words (namely Anakin and Dark) are repeated too many times. But I think using the score titles to help bridge the two trilogies (starting with "... & Revenge of the Sith" and ending with "A New Hope & ...") is a nice, thoughtful touch.

Quite clearly Palpatine will say the line "I AM the Senate!!" rudely, to Windu or Padme or someone (who would have innocently said something like "There is no control over the senate, Palpatine!"). It sounds like a cool scene and I'm glad to get the track of it.

Bowie - who's praying "Anakin's Betrayal" is a concert suite of "Lament" / another new theme.

Quite clearly Palpatine will say the line "I AM the Senate!!" rudely, to Windu or Padme or someone (who would have innocently said something like "There is no control over the senate, Palpatine!"). It sounds like a cool scene and I'm glad to get the track of it.

Maybe it's the music that underscores the Windu/Palpatine confrontation we've seen in the trailers. :)

Yup well I guess they ran out of title ideas. They've used "Confrontation with," "Appearance of," "Duel of," "Battle of," "Defeats," "Invasion," "Ambush," "Noble End" and of course the controversial "vs."

It was time to refer to the face-off with a quote, and presumably they didn't want to use "Face Off"

OK, so just to add fuel to the fire, there is now another track list, seemingly "confirmed" and posted. Here is the info I found online, with track times, no less, plus a link to the cover image again:

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/g.../rotssoundtrack

Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith 7:31

Anakin's Dream 4:46

Battle Of The Heroes 3:42

Anakin's Betrayal 4:04

General Grievous 4:07

Palpatine's Teachings 5:25

Grievous and the Droids 3:28

Padme's Ruminations 3:17

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan 3:57

Anakin's Dark Deeds 4:05

Enter Lord Vader 4:14

The Immolation Scene 2:42

Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious 2:49

The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny 3:37

A New Hope and End Credits 13:06

A few track titles have been changed, "The Reunion of Anakin and Padme" and "I am the Senate" are out, and "Grievous and the Droids" appears to be in. IF this is true, I already don't like this change. bowdown I always love Williams' senate music.

Well, the soundtrack will be better than AOTC and TPM (I hope anyway).

BUT, I'm really hoping that we see COMPLETE releases of all 3 prequels' scores. C'mon, we all have the 2-CD special edition releases of the scores of the original trilogy movies. They came out in 1997 - the 20th anniversary. (Hopeful) logic would figure that the prequel trilogy scores will get a similar treatment for the 30th anniversary in 2007.

~klokwerk - also hoping for special treatment of the re-re-re-release of the movies in 2007

"Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious 2:49"?

I don't know. I can't see a track titled that lasting that long. AND it is towards the end of the list, when Grievous is supposed to be out of the picture. Although they do shuffle around the tracks, but still, a 2:50 track that's supposed to be underscore for a grievous/palpatine conversation? :/

BTW, Cerrabore (and others), I was under the impression that Williams does not come up with the names used for the tracks on the CD release.

Well, klokwerk (sounds Dutch...) that track was originally called "Grevious (note the spelling) Travels To Palpatine". We know that in the film (POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!) Grievous doesn't really travel to Palpatine in a physical sense, but he does travel to speak to him using a holographic projection. The original tracktitle obviously didn't do justice to the scene and therefor the new title for the same piece of music, Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious, is much more accurate.

From IESB.net (well, at least from one of it's more reliable contributors)

Track List

Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith 7:31

Anakin's Dream 4:46

Battle Of The Heroes 3:42

Anakin's Betrayal 4:04

General Grievous 4:07

Palpatine's Teachings 5:25

Grievous and the Droids 3:28

Padme's Ruminations 3:17

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan 3:57

Anakin's Dark Deeds 4:05

Enter Lord Vader 4:14

The Immolation Scene 2:42

Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious 2:49

The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny 3:37

A New Hope and End Credits 13:06

And this is supposed to be the official cover:

rotssoundtrack.jpg

Oh, and by the way did anyone see Webdoc 16? When they show some of the filming of Darth Vader they play the Final Duel cue (just as accompanying music to the webdocs - nothing new or anything), but it works great! It send chills down my spine. Breathtakingly good use of music!

Thanks for the link and the cover. I'm still going to be wary of the track list though, until the album gets leaked and someone can cofirm the titles / lengths.

Who agrees that they should have used Struzan's unaltered poster art for the cover of the OST? I don't think we'll ever get the 2 original pieces Struzan did until there's another Struzan book released. Maybe not even then. However, having seen the production stills that were used as photo-reference for the creation of the artwork... I'm not too impressed by this poster. Sidious doesn't look anything like himself. *sigh* Oh well.

BTW, I think that the section of the primary poster (the headshots one that has so obviously been butchered) that is covered by Vader, may have contained Mustafar or the in-construction Death Star (which would've looked cool hanging in the sky above all the characters), but I guess we'll never know.

~klokwerk

And this is supposed to be the official cover

I can confirm that this is the official cover. Sony Italy sent me an e-mail with the cover image attached (because I work for a magazine about film music here). No info yet on the track list. But I think it will be revelaed on Monday, when the Hyperspace soundtrack preview will be launched.

Wish someone knew where to find that Battle of the Heroes Theme.

All word seems to suggesst its REALLY epic stuff.

on the dvd.

5M1 Palpatine Instructs Anakin  

+ 5M3 Lament

------------------------------------------------------------

= 2. Anakin's Betrayal ?

Given its placement on Track 2 I'm hoping that Anakin's Betrayal is a concert piece of another new theme, with BotH.

It's a little weird that "Anakin's Dream" rhymes with "Anakin's Theme."

Oh, and on a mildly related note, anyone else wish ATTACK OF THE CLONES was compressed into the first 15 minutes of EPISODE II - REVENGE OF THE SITH? Now THAT would be a strong ROTS score!

And the actual EPISODE III could tie up all the loose ends about the OT (perhaps a story linking the young Leia with Palpatine?)

Because of Lucas' lack at writing believable, romantic dialogue, I wish the majority of Anakin and Padme falling fell between the films, and not the subject of an entire film. My biggest gripe, however, is that Dooku is woefully underdeveloped and underused. He should have been the 'main' bad guy en the PT, with the backstory of how he fell to the Dark Side paralleling Anakin's fate.

That said, ROTS seems to be the one film with the potential to really get it right, with the biggest events in PT history occuring in one film.