How will you watch RotS for the first time?

King Mark

How will you watch RotS.  

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sit back and try to savour the experience at an emotionnal level.
    • I'll be paying special attention to every plot hole,bad acting moments and bad dialogue lines to rip the film apart the next day
    • What film?I'll be too busy listening for the unreleased music cues and music edits
    • I'll be weeping nostalgically about how much better the OT was in the 70's
    • other

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably say the 1st and 3rd ones. I'm going to savor it, but also pay special attention to the music. That's how I watch every movie...unless I'm forced into it (like Vanity Fair).

Sometimes I TRY to just enjoy the movie but then the JWfan part of me suddenly starts monitoring the unreleased music.That happened in my first screening of PoA last year.

K.M.

I don't think I'm going to buy the WotW score until I see the movie. I can't remember the last time I saw a new JW movie without knowing the music by heart. I've done that for the past...I don't know how many scores. As far as new scores go, I've bought every single one before I saw the movie. This is stretching back until The Lost World, probably. Eight years.

Now that you mention it,WotW WOULD be a ideal movie to experience the music fresh without having heard the c.d. first.I haven't experienced this in a JW movie since I cannot remember.

K.M.Who might actually avoid all WotW music untill he sees the film

Hey, it's a Star Wars movie - I'm just going to enjoy it (hopefully).

I've made every effort not to listen to the score, but after reading some comments on this site, I did open my CD and listen to the opening theme and end credits (but nothing else!). I want to hear the music with the film the first time...

I'll worry about unreleased cues later!

I Just want to enjoy the damn film and not worry about "Oh look -- there is some recycled music" or.. "what a fucking awful edit" ...

I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what :) ... No Star Wars Film has dissapointed me to date :music:

Since I'll be going in at midnight, and in my stormtrooper costume, I will try to enjoy it all

Max

I'll be praying Please God let don't let this be another AOTC.

I voted for the 'savouring' option, but this is what I usually do, as do most I reckon, when I go to the movies anyway.

It's a bad movie or disturbing things in it which pushes me out of the fantasy. Not the other way around.

Well I'm attending the (admittedly obscene) Saga Marathon in London on Monday, so I'll either be excited and alert when Episode 3 kicks in at 20:30 or so drained of strength having just gone through the most tedious segments of Episodes I and II beforehand that I'm left with no clue as to where I am or what is going on [which in turn will be made all the more confusing should I wake to find any hardcore fanatics sat around me dressed in funny costumes]..

The atmosphere will be strong enough to do away with contempt toward changes of the classics and various elements of I, II and no doubt III I’d imagine, so I do hope to enjoy the film and listen out for the music.

Activating the THC receptors of my brain, in order to pay attention to every detail of the film as if it were presented as and of itself, yet still experience it at an emotional level. ¬_¬

I'm looking forward to it and plan on taking it all in. The second time I see it I'll definitely focus on the music.

I will be paying attention to every square meter, plus the music :thumbup:

Co-signs. I´m gonna watch it three times the first day so I have the opportunity of pay attention to everything in the movie!

>I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what  ... No Star Wars Film has dissapointed me to date  

You've got ALOT of nerves  :thumbup:  

If it wasn't for the experience of listening to John Williams' score on the big screen, I'd probably not even consider watching Episode III.

Personally, I doubt that it can get worse than Episdoe II, so I think I'll just have a fun two hours.

Uhmm... Just because you don't like it.. doesn't mean that everyone else MUST hate it.. I LOVE the films including episodes I and II ... and if you don't like it then please kiss my ass... OK? :)

So, the Loews theater in Boston will be showing ROTS digitally, but it looks like it's sold out so I won't be able to see it as such until Friday. Luckily, the Thursday non-digital shows there are available. Anyone else near a DLP?

I am looking forward to it and will be doing a mix of 1 and 3. No school for me on May 19 ;)

;) Tribute And Suffrage - Titus - Elliot Goldenthal :music:

So, the Loews theater in Boston will be showing ROTS digitally, but it looks like it's sold out so I won't be able to see it as such until Friday. Luckily, the Thursday non-digital shows there are available. Anyone else near a DLP?

I am. Star Southfield on Thursday for me.

There's a digital screen in Almere. I don't know whether I'll be returning to see it digitally. I'll have to wait and hear what the differences are. If it's as minimal is with AotC, it's not worth it.

I'll sit back and try to savour the experience at an emotionnal level and I'll be enjoying the popcorn.

6 more days left until the ROTS movie comes out! -- CANT WAIT !! --

I know many prequel lovers with a short fuse, so I'm used to that. For some reason they take every negative statement about the films personal. Dunno why ... maybe because they don't want to realise that the films do stink? ;)

When someone says something you like is a piece of crap (regarless it os or not), its a human reaction to be overprotective about it, 'taking it personal' as you say.

To put an example, and i will mention his name (for copyright issues :music: ), one member here has stated that he does not like Superman The Movie, stating several weak points he think it has. People who like that movie acted this way. And that movie is long stablished as a 'classic'.

Jeff, let us in on your "Professional" review, I can't wait, because you've avoided all the spoilers as best you could. Your take should be fresher than most.

Indeed. But what's with the apostrophes?  

It means I want to read the one he will actually have in the newspaper.

I'll be enjoying the moment ... at a 6:30 p.m. press screening on Wednesday night. Ha ha!

Jeff

I plan to see it three times next week. Wednesday at a sneak preview in the evening; Thursday just so I have a ticket stub on opening day for all six films; Friday to see it digitally.

I'll be enjoying the moment ... at a 6:30 p.m. press screening on Wednesday night. Ha ha!

Jeff

I plan to see it three times next week. Wednesday at a sneak preview in the evening; Thursday just so I have a ticket stub on opening day for all six films; Friday to see it digitally.

Can you scan in your May 25, 1977 stub? I'd love to see that!

Neil

>Uhmm... Just because you don't like it.. doesn't mean that everyone else MUST hate it.. I LOVE the films including episodes I and II ... and if you don't like it then please kiss my ass... OK? <

Never said everyone has to hate it ...  

but that's alright, I know many prequel lovers with a short fuse, so I'm used to that. For some reason they take every negative statement about the films personal. Dunno why ... maybe because they don't want to realise that the films do stink? :P

It was the way you spoke to me that was stupid... "you have a cheek" or whatever you said.... I love the films, I know I love the films, I don't need someone else telling me they're crap and that I really think they stink, In my opinion they most definetely do not stink.. so go away :wave:

Jeff

Can you scan in your May 25, 1977 stub? I'd love to see that!

Neil

Mine are from 1997. Obviously.

Still not believing my luck, I'll be at the UK Premiere at The Odeon, Leicester Square, on Monday 16th. A trip to Abbey Road in February has paid dividends in a big way!

APBez

@ Jack Chapple

Now wait a minute, all I wrote was basically: I'll be watching the film because of John Williams and I don't like the prequels. And I just wanted to say that I applaud your patience (not being dissapointed by any Star Wars film to date requires some IMO), which I didn't mean offensive (I thought a smiley tells it all ...)

And you wonder why I think you're *a little* overreacting?

Sorry, but I didn't know that you have to add "this is just my own, personal opinion" to every post.