Critics Positive on 'Batman Begins'

Elmo Lewis

any review I read a AICN I take with a grain of salt, afterall not a single person who contributes to that sight has never know any carnal knowledge of a member of the opposite sex, unless its the blow up kind.

How right you are to judge someone's opinion based on their sexual encounters.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously you missed my meaning.

Oh no i got it. I wasn't being all that serious.

Keep in mind that a majority of the people who are going to see Batman Begins are, more or less, geeky. Yes, there are going to be the generic action watchers who just want a good ride, but it's hard to ignore the great press this is getting. I just heard Ebert say it's one of the best films of the year. :(

Tim, who realizes he will now get the obligatory response about Ebert being an idiot...

Time gave Batman Begins a negative review, they liked parts, but they didn't like other parts, and the lack of a quality villian hurt.

Which is really bad considering that Time is a Warners publication.

Neil

Keep in mind that a majority of the people who are going to see Batman Begins are, more or less, geeky....

I think Batman (and certainly this one) attracts all layers of the populaton.

All layers is a very extreme statement when it comes to movies. Very, very few movies attract all layers. And just of the movie going types I know aqmong my immidiate friends and family, probably about 2/3 are interested in seeing this movie. Though you are right that it does attract more layers than LoTR and ST.

Batman attracks action-loving people which happen to be a pretty big part of the population. It's attracks comic lovers of all sorts. It attracks girls, because Batman is a mysterious dark knight on a horse that might come to their rescue one day. It attracks ... and so on, and so on.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I dare say Star Trek is bigger than Batman.

Batman attracks action-loving people which happen to be a pretty big part of the population. It's attracks comic lovers of all sorts. It attracks girls, because Batman is a mysterious dark knight on a horse that might come to their rescue one day. It attracks ... and so on, and so on.  

And so on what?

Morlock- who thinks Bale attracts girls, not Batman

"Attrack"? Do you mean "attack"? I hope he does attack action-loving people, comic lovers and girls in this film because then it would be one hell of a movie.

IGN apparently thinks its the best comic-inspired movie yet, referring to Batman Begins

Max

"Attrack"? Do you mean "attack"? I hope he does attack action-loving people, comic lovers and girls in this film because then it would be one hell of a movie.

Attracts! ATTRACTS!!! ATTRACTS!!!

judging by the affect its had on Hollywood, you would have to agree. Its been one of the greatest franchise success' in Hollywood history, thats a indisputable fact.

Someone dressed in a leather suit, with or without nipples is no match for a fully charged Phaserbank.

Jean-Luc would make short work of any Bat mobile, and no kind of martial arts training is any good against a Klingon with a sharpened Bath-leth.

Yeah, it has nearly ten films. But you must realise that batman also has a huge following in the comics and cartoons. Although in this deabte, I don't think we can never be sure.

its not just the films, I'm talking overall contributions to Hollywood, its not just 10 movies, it over 400 episodes on tv, its hundreds of books, graphic novels, toys, memorabilia, etc, its been a cash cow for Paramount for along time.

Batman has been some old cartoon in 1949, the classic but very campy series with Adam West and Burt Ward, the good but overrated 1989 film and 2 follow-ups that range from OK to ridiculous.

There have been a whole bunch of cartoon series, i'll grant you that Luke, but most of them are forgotten now.

the classic but very campy series with Adam West and Burt Ward

I watched that as a kid and absolutely loved it. My mom even made me a Batman costume like the one on the show. ;)

It's a great show for children, but just too silly when you are an adult.  

Much like The A-Team, The Dukes Of Hazzard or Knightrider.

Because adults should never be silly.

Did anyone here watch Batman: The Animated Series at all? I really liked that show when I was younger. I know that Mark Hamill did the voice of the Joker, which you'd never know just by hearing it.

Ray Barnsbury

I watched it a long time ago when it was on TV. I never really noticed the voice of the Joker. Then again, back then I had no idea who Mark Hamill was. I'd check out an episode just to hear that voice, because I've read a lot about his performance as the Joker.

Did anyone here watch Batman: The Animated Series at all?  I really liked that show when I was younger.  I know that Mark Hamill did the voice of the Joker, which you'd never know just by hearing it.

Ray Barnsbury

Loved it! LOVED IT! Loved it!

Yay! I was kind of obsessed with it in middle school, after I was done being obsessed with Star Wars. I always like Harley Quinn.... :music:

Ray Barnsbury

I watched it a long time ago when it was on TV. I never really noticed the voice of the Joker. Then again, back then I had no idea who Mark Hamill was. I'd check out an episode just to hear that voice, because I've read a lot about his performance as the Joker.

Mark Hamil, underrated actor.

I think this movie will be better than all the others. It actually has some sort of story. And besides the potential dullness of the music, the cast will be incredible. I got so sick in the stomach watching Schumacher's version of Batman. What was he ON???

"This is the best Batman movie ever by far."

-Richard Roeper, EBERT & ROEPER

Of course it is. I just saw a clip. It looks fantastic. What's more, Bale IS Batman! (unlike Keaton, who's facial features were far off)

----------------

Alex Cremers

Keaton was perfect as Batman, this welsh guy is all wrong.

The Batman 90's cartoons, i think are, still being aired on Cartoon Network.

Luke is also the Goblin in spider-man cartoons.

I have never seen an strak trek toy anyway (appart from amybe micro machines), but i can recall several series batman ones, even spin-offs and so.

But anyway i want not to favor either :P But we are not speaking about an all-time success and one one-timer. Both are successful, so it is dificult to say which is the most.

Keaton was perfect as Batman, this welsh guy is all wrong.

What do you mean "perfect"? Are you sure you ever read a Batman comic? No, Keaton "looked" wrong. He didn't have the Batman features. He's got curly hair, a round face and a woman's mouth. Errrrrr! Again, your sounding otherworldly (for not seeing the obvious) and you're making racist innuendos towards Bale's nationality.

----------------

Alex Cremers