war of the words out now

psycho28461

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

128KBPS! WHAT THE POO CANT BELIEVE IT!

EDIT: It's 128Kbps AAC format which is more or less the equivalent of 192kbps MP3 :P

How about the Canadian store? There's many cases where we don't get what everyone else gets. Like ROTS- the Canadian store STILL doesn't have that. Personally, I think the iTunes Canadian store BITES! The selection leaves a lot to be desired....that, and we Canuks have to pay 15% sales tax on everything. Talk about adding injury to insult.

Yes it's a worldwide release, I have just bought it from Spain.

Where... WHERE?

Fnac? El corte ingles? everywhere?

Luke, who may rush for it now. Thought i will not hear it.

EDIT: You have bought the online version from Spain, or the actual CD in a Spanish store?

Lol - I've listened to it all now - and it has some REALLY excellent moments! I really like it :P

And tracks 1+14 have the narration - 14 contains UBER spoilers :P

Where... WHERE?

Fnac? El corte ingles? everywhere?

Luke, who may rush for it now. Thought i will not hear it.

EDIT: You have bought the online version from Spain, or the actual CD in a Spanish store?

Through Itunes, it is available worldwide

I'll listen to this album after I see the movie.  I want to see how the other half lives.

Me too! After about 10 years, I'm really curious!!

Either I'm missing something on their website, but they seem to think "international" means about 15 countries.

I live in South Korea and there seems to be no way to buy music with a visa card with a South Korean billing adress :P

Doh!!

Was all ready to give War a first listen :P

Surely there must be a way....I'm missing something right??

I really love this score! I can't stop listening , Lol..

Wonder why it was released so early in places....?

I got so happy when people said they had it today so I checked amazon and it said that it indeed was released today so I go out to a few stores and nobody has it, I come back and check again on amazon and it says

Original Release Date: June 21, 2005
This item will be released on June 28, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
8O :angry::angry::angry:

Question: How is this payed for if you download it from Itunes. Is it billed to your address by credit card? Let me know if you can. Thanks.

Joe

Question: How is this payed for if you download it from Itunes. Is it billed to your address by credit card? Let me know if you can. Thanks.

Joe

It charges your credit/debit card instantly and then immediately downloads the tracks to your library for you 8O

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but is Morgan Freeman's dialogue in the movie as well?

I downloaded it before work today and had lots of driving to do so I got the opportunity to listen to it 3 or 4 times. Several tracks are quite inventive. A couple seem like Williams on auto-pilot but his auto-pilot is better than most other composers' best work so there you go. I won't elaborate for those who are waiting to see the film first. Having listened to the score, I would say that it's very good but I believe it will even better when you see the film and have a context for some of the music passages.

128KBPS! WHAT THE ****! CANT BELIEVE IT!

Didn't our good friend Tommy once get banned for such talk?

Ozzel - who knows he'll get bashed for this, but also has no use for such language because he knows better than to pay large amounts of money for compressed music files.

128KBPS! WHAT THE ****! CANT BELIEVE IT!

Didn't our good friend Tommy once get banned for such talk?

Ozzel - who knows he'll get bashed for this, but also has no use for such language because he knows better than to pay large amounts of money for compressed music files.

Sowwwee o.o

*edits post* 8O

Sith was released on I tunes before the actual street date, this wasn't an early release, just normal

So is the cd out in stores in America or not?

The CD is not coming out until the 28th. Also, if you go to iTunes, they are calling this a pre-release.

Neil

I'll wait for the shiny round thing, thank you.

I'll wait for the c.d. too,so I can make my own MP3's

K.M.Who won't buy 128 kbps files,whatever format there in

Today i bought the cd here in Switzerland and I'm listen to it right now!

Has some great moments, but have to listen more of it....

Nemesis 8O - quiet happy

I'll wait for the c.d.,so I can make my own MP3's

K.M.Who won't buy 128 kbps files

It's not 128Kbps like you are thinking.. These files are encoded in AAC format-the compression is far superior to MP3. I'm a big audiophile and I can hear - these sound good - no dull sounds, or wobbling - if these were MP3s, they would be encoded at 192Kbps. They sound beautiful - very clear, crisp, no wobbling. 8O

It's not 128Kbps like you are thinking.. These files are encoded in AAC format-the compression is far superior to MP3. I'm a big audiophile and I can hear - these sound good - no dull sounds, or wobbling - if these were MP3s, they would be encoded at 192Kbps. They sound beautiful - very clear, crisp, no wobbling. :mrgreen:

Yes,I know they sound good,But now your stuck in that format.I'd rather encode in MP3 VBR~192 so I can play my files anywhere,EVEN if I have an ipod.

Before I had everything in WMA and had to re-encode everything because of the ipod.Now I wouldn't want to get stuck again with an exclusive format

K.M.

Doh itunes doesn't operate in Korea.

Plus my bank called me and my Visa card is at risk from some big fraud thingy in the states....so they cancelled y card and are issuing a new one...which may take 2 - 3 weeks....so can't order the CD online...

I was totally bummed...but this maybe my first chance in 15 years to first hear a Williams score in the theatre! That'll be quite exciting, me hopes

It's not 128Kbps like you are thinking.. These files are encoded in AAC format-the compression is far superior to MP3. I'm a big audiophile and I can hear - these sound good - no dull sounds, or wobbling - if these were MP3s, they would be encoded at 192Kbps. They sound beautiful - very clear, crisp, no wobbling. :mrgreen:

Yes,I know they sound good,But now your stuck in that format.I'd rather encode in MP3 VBR~192 so I can play my files anywhere,EVEN if I have an ipod.

Before I had everything in WMA and had to re-encode everything because of the ipod.Now I wouldn't want to get stuck again with an exclusive format

K.M.

Actually - you can convert them to MP3 with a bit of trickery :) (I did LOL)

How about some more elaborate comments on the score and cue descriptions...what are the really good parts and the less good ones?

K.M.

@King Mark

Hard to say. There isn't a dichotomy between the romantic and the dissonant like in 'Minority Report', because the more tonal material is much more subdued, thematically.

Actually, i was saddened that Freeman keeps talking over some of the more Herrmannesque writing in the first and penultimate track, because this music never appears again in the score.

The action music is more interesting, because it's more relentless and with a steady rhythmic development ('The Ferry', 'Car Attack' and especially 'Confrontation wioth Ogilvy'). But don't expect something NEW here, it was all said and done long before this score (it remains in the old Strawinsky/Bartok school). A good portion of the album is tension building in a sometimes more advanced harmonic idiom (especially the 'Basket' track with it's 9 minutes), recalling indeed portions of 'Close Encounters', but that doesn't make it that interesting.

There's some good martial writing in 'Return to Boston', perhaps the only instance where Williams can really satisfy his more old-fashioned fans.

The more melodic material (Ray and Rachel etc.) is very subdued, it's good but again no theme the casual Williams-Star Wars-fanatic will embrace warmly. This plays to the score's advantage because it has a certain 'WotW' style without recalling other composers (i was reminded strongly of Yared and other european composers in 'Seans Theme' from 'MR'). The last track is a good sample of this, not quite sure if leaning towards dirge-like or a more romantic development.

All in all a good score, done with musical finesse but not in the least the summer movie crowd pleaser some expected.

I think it is a score which is hard to describe. I have listened to it only twice and it's very very action oriented, no melody. For me it's a kind odf a mixture of Close Encounters+The Lost World+Minority Report. It's very dark, and mostly is a Williams we have heard before but there a few new things, such as the Synth Sounds in Track 4, for example. By the way, I think it will work wonders in the films. Hey! This is after all a Spielberg Williams Collaboration!

The score of Minority report isn't "lush with melody" (as Spielberg said), but I love it! I listen to it over and over again. If WotW has been composed in that vein, then it's definitely a keeper!

I'm one of the few people here, though, who'll wait till they've seen the movie. THEN I'm gonna listen to the CD. :mrgreen:

Got it from iTunes. Could someone tell me where the error is... It says everywhere that narration is on the first and final track of the cd (Prologue & Epilogue) yet my final track (Epilogue 3:11) doesn't have narration but the track before it has (The Reunion 3:17).

Even the tracklist in iTunes claims the Epilogue track to be John Williams & Morgan Freeman (Artist).

-Snowster