2005's fall lineup

Morlock

This year's summer lineup has been pretty much average, though bolstered every once in a while by the huge, highly anticipated projects like Batman Begins, RoTS, War of the Worlds, and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, all of which I was pleasantly surprised with (in one way or another).

Anyhoo, I just saw a list of possible Oscar candidates, and I was pretty surprised to see that I'm interested in seeing each and every of the mentioned movies. I looked on imdb a bit, and came up with this list of 23 movies coming fall, 2005, that can potentialy be good movies (at the very least). A lot of good directors there, a lot of good writers, a lot of skill behind these pics. It's an unusually large lineup, and it'll be interesting to see how many of these movie live up to their potential.

Munich (d. Spielberg)

Match Point (d. Allen)

Elizabethtown (d. Crowe)

Jarhead (d. Mendes)

The Libertine (d. Dunmore)

The New World (d. Malick)

The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada (d. Jones)

Good Night. And, Good Luck (d. Cloony)

Broken Flowers (d. Jarmusch)

Memoirs of a Geisha (d. Marshall)

The Weather Man (d. Verbinski)

Walk The Line (d. Mangold)

All The King's Men (d. Zallian)

Ask The Dust (d. Towne)

The Producers (d. Stroman)

The Constant Gardener (d. Meirelles)

A History Of Violence (d. Cronenberg)

Oliver Twist (d. Polanski)

King Kong (d. Jackson)

Proof (d. Madden)

Capote (d. Miller)

In Her Shoes (d. Hanson)

Syriana (d. Gaghan)

I am very optimistic about the next few months, movie wise. (Not to mention all the potentialy good scores waiting for us- two each from Williams, Zimmer and Shore, and interesting projects from Newman, Horner, Beltrami, Nyman, Danna, and Desplat)

And the thought of the Scorsese/Nicholson/Shore picture alone is enough to make me optimistic about what we've got coming in 2006.....

Morlock- the eternal optimist

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mention of Desplat has me intrigued....I had never heard of him until the other day when I watched "Hostage" - and was reasonably impressed by the score....any great ones of his out there that I should be listening to/looking out for?

I'm not too familiar with him, but what I've heard, I've liked. Birth, Girl with the Pearl Earing, and Hostage all have their fair share fo fans.

And I can't believe I forgot GoF, one of my most anticipated movies.

I'm curious about Duma, which is in limited release right now. I'm always on the look-out for solid live-action PG filmmaking. They just don't do it like E.T. or Back to the Future anymore! (Though the latest 'Harry Potter' installment was a pleasant surprise.)

(Though the latest 'Harry Potter' installment was a pleasant surprise.)

It looks like the next one will be PG-13. I guess ROTS opened the door.

V for Vendetta looks good.

Seconded, although it's taking a departure from the graphic novel in some key areas... ROTFLMAO

Indeed, I want to see both Narnia and V for Vendetta (I don't see how Narnia will be really good, though it's gonna have a friggin' awesome score, I can feel it).

I'm not sure about V for Vendetta, but I think I'll check out Narnia. I've been looking around for the books, but our local library doesn't have any, and I don't feel like purchasing them. Rats.

I'm looking forward to

Munich, because of Spielberg and Williams

Memoirs of a Geisha, because of Williams

Narnia, because of the score's potential (and the movie could be good too)

GoF...'nuff said

Ray Barnsbury

Munich, because of Spielberg and Williams

Memoirs of a Geisha, because of Williams

Narnia, because of the score's potential (and the movie could be good too)

GoF...'nuff said

I totally agree. I think Narnia will be an awesome score. As for Munich and/or Memoirs Im expecting an Angela's Ashes/Schindler's List type score...which would be great! GOF...I just have no idea what to expect, and Im not really excited in the least.

I remember about 7 or 8 years ago, there were always movies I wanted to see. Every year was like an event to look forward to. But now, most movies that come out don't hold my interest. Is there something wrong with me or the movies they bring out now? Most of them these days seem so repetitive of what I've already seen before.

I'm not sure about V for Vendetta, but I think I'll check out Narnia. I've been looking around for the books, but our local library doesn't have any, and I don't feel like purchasing them. Rats.

You can get all seven books in one volume. It's not very large, only about the size of LOTR one-volume.

Munich (d. Spielberg) sounds good

Match Point (d. Allen) never heard of it, don't care

Elizabethtown (d. Crowe) looks awful

Jarhead (d. Mendes) looks awful

The Libertine (d. Dunmore)never heard of it.

The New World (d. Malick) never heard of it

The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada (d. Jones) never heard of it

Good Night. And, Good Luck (d. Cloony) as in George Cloony, I'll pass

Broken Flowers (d. Jarmusch) NHOI

Memoirs of a Geisha (d. Marshall) I'd rather be beaten and have my bones broken

The Weather Man (d. Verbinski) maybe...

Walk The Line (d. Mangold)NHOI

All The King's Men (d. Zallian)NHOI

Ask The Dust (d. Towne)NHOI

The Producers (d. Stroman) can't be as good as the original, but it could be fun

The Constant Gardener (d. Meirelles) looks interesting

A History Of Violence (d. Cronenberg)I'll pass

Oliver Twist (d. Polanski) oh great the child molester has a new film, I'll pass

King Kong (d. Jackson) a respectful homage, can't wait.

Proof (d. Madden)NHOI

Capote (d. Miller) I can only imagine what an uninteresting story this must be, agony.

In Her Shoes (d. Hanson)NHOI

Syriana (d. Gaghan)NHOI

most of these films won't even break the public conscienceness.

Saw it last night. Really kicks into gear about 30 minutes in. Amazing what a little female full frontal nudity can do for a film.

Neil

Saw it last night. Really kicks into gear about 30 minutes in. Amazing what a little female full frontal nudity can do for a film.

Neil

How little is she?