NEW Varese Club Releases Coming August 22!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,is it good news for JWfans?Or some other little known Goldsmith score again

BTW,unless some long wanted Williams score is released,I don't see the point of all the exclamation points in the post title.Gave me false hopes.

K.M.

Well,is it good news for JWfans?

is it ever?

probably some recycle Jerry Goldsmith stuff again

Monsignor would be very welcome, the re-use fees should not be too high as the LSO performed the music. A terrific gem of a score that will rightly introduce younger Williams fans to another classic from Williams' greatest period.

I am still eagerly awaiting the release of Back to the Future. It's been twenty years, and not even an original score album. After Varese's release of Predator, this seems like a good one to release. Alas, there's a better chance of it not happening than there is of it happening, but if not now...maybe a nice Christmas present from the Club? 8O

It would be excellent if we got some good JW complete scores. Redman and Matessino did Home Alone 2 through the Club! Heck, we got Heartbeeps for crying out loud! How about some more scores with higher demand? Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park--something?

Don't think Jurassic Park warrants much of a re-release, considering the bulk of the score was on the album. Back to the Future's score release delay is frustrating yes, the Delorean boot hasn't got the greatest sound quality but it will have to do for the forseeable future - damn that huge LA orchestra eh?!

"As far I can tell, one of the cds that will be released will be

(Cue sound effect of poisonous dart whizzing through the air ) Aaaguuhh"

Hitch, delighted that one executive has been eliminated from the equation.

Don't think Jurassic Park warrants much of a re-release, considering the bulk of the score was on the album.

Well we dont have Incident at Isla nublar complete, T-Rex Attack complete and T-Rex chase yet...

And since it would fit in one CD (if we get rid of Concert versions and alternate end titles)...

And chronological order and logical tracknames please!

Luke, who cannot believe the Finale and End Credits are called 'Welcome to Jurasic Park'.

Those cues never really grabbed me to be honest. However the unused raptor theme cue that's featured on the end credits of the making of doc is excellent!

It would be really nice if one of those 5 soundtracks is the complete or at least a expanded offical score for Back To The Future Part I.

I agree it has been 20 years, and the only very laughable little music we got from that was the 12 minutes or so of music from the "Music From" album. IF and I do mean IF it is one of those 5 soundtracks hopefully it won't be a limited edition type deal...

Edited for typo on number of soundtracks..

Edit again: How does one become a member of the soundtrack CD club at Varese...?

Edit again: How does one become a member of the soundtrack CD club at Varese...?

It's not a club as such, you just add the CDs to your "basket" as you would if you were buying regular titles from their online shop.

When the CDs are announced, you can see them and order them here:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/Category.as...ategory_id=1220

Titles do sell out, if you see something you like, and you have the cash - buy it

It would be really nice if one of those 5 soundtracks is the complete or at least a expanded offical score for Back To The Future Part I.

It is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. I'm sure Varese knows there is demand for it and would love to release it, but I don't see Universal allowing this.

IF it is one of those 5 soundtracks hopefully it won't be a limited edition type deal...

When has a Varese Club disc not been limited?

Neil

It is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. I'm sure Varese knows there is demand for it and would love to release it, but I don't see Universal allowing this.

Why not, Mr. Mayor?

Why not, Mr. Mayor?

Universal does not re-issue old scores, unless it's E.T. or Animal House or American Grafitti. And when those albums do come back out, Universal releases them, not Varese.

Neil

I wouldn't mind a re-release of Dracula, one of the two JW scores I still don't have...the other being The Accidental Tourist, but I'm not too pushed about getting that.