Have You Pre-Ordered Episode III?

robthehand

Have You Pre-Ordered the Episode III DVD?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I'm interested to know how many people have/haven't pre-ordered the DVD.

I have, but the estimated dispatch date is Novemebr 3rd! (It comes out October 31st in the UK, BTW :P).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not intend to pre-order Episode III. Perhaps I will buy it later. It is not on my immediate purchase list. Many who just want to rip the music no doubt pre-order it. I wait for a while. I never liked the movie that much.

Perhaps later. It is not on my immediate purchase list.

You can't pre-order something once it's released.

Neil - who hasn't ordered this

Nit pick all you want if it saves your day. Mine is already ruined by Roald ;)

Is there a track listing for that cd? I see no mention of it on their site.

No there isn't. It's not even listed on their site yet. I think it might be an in-store thing only. I'm still going to get it since it's Star Wars. hehe.

What's this obsession with pre- ordering? Is there even the slightest chance that you won't find it in stores on its release date?

And no, I didn't pre- order anything.

gkgyver- who saw it twice on the big screen and is still traumatised.

What's this obsession with pre- ordering? Is there even the slightest chance that you won't find it in stores on its release date?

And no, I didn't pre- order anything.  

gkgyver- who saw it twice on the big screen and is still traumatised.

I'll tell you this much, it's almost half the price on Amazon than in local stores around here.

I saw it eight times!  

You did realise that I don't like ROTS ... ?

I'll tell you this much, it's almost half the price on Amazon than in local stores around here.

Poor saps!

gkgyver- who doesn't concern himself with the price of rotten movies he doesn't plan to buy

Good God, why would anyone want to. First its a relatively suckass movie, only redeemed by a strong last 45 minutes, 2nd you can always find a great buy on it somewhere, some store will know the real value of the movie. Last time Toy R Us sold AOTC for a mere $9.00, which really considering what a total crapfest it was, was too much.

I'll probably rent it to hear the music with the movie again and to hear the unreleased stuff that I haven't heard for awhile now. I might buy it down the line at a cheap price as a poor substitute for a full release soundtrack but I'm not in any hurry.

- Adam

No, and I'm nto planning on it anytime soon. I haven't got the other two on DVD either, I just assumed my little brother would get them all together; he's obsessed with Star Wars and, unfortunately, ROTS. And listens to my CD without asking!

I didn't pre-order, but probably should. The nearest place that sells DVDs is about 40 miles away. Still, I'll head out after work, drive to town and buy it. :thumbup:

he's obsessed with Star Wars and, unfortunately, ROTS. And listens to my CD without asking!

Somebody has to listen to it, right?

Neil

Well it was gathering a bit of dust...

..Not really, I listened to it today. :(

First its a relatively suckass movie' date=' only redeemed by a strong last 45 minutes[/quote']

I feel it's the other way around. With the exception of the Anakin/Padme scenes which are terrible, the movie builds nicely up until the Mace/Palpy duel, which is laughably bad and silly. After that, the movie feels rushed, the duels are boring and cartoony, and characters do things with little or no motivation (other than to wrap things up to get to Episode 4).

The best scene in the movie is the one where Obi-Wan asks Anakin to spy on Palpy for the council. Well written and well played by Hayden and Ewan, this is the direction the prequels should have gone on. That scene was so good, they could have started fighting each other right then and there and I would have bought it.

Jeff

There's no sense to me in pre-ordering something that will be a major release and be available all over the place.

Now if it were a limited edition or the price was $5.00 per DVD I can see myself pre-ordering it.

I could see someone pre-ordering the movie a month ago if they wanted it delivered to their house so they wouldn't have to go pick it up. However pre-ordering it now with it being only a few days away from it's release? That's a bit stupid don't ya think??

I used to pre-order from a company that almost always got me the movies early. Alas, I've been pulled away from them because Amazon offers me free shipping, a bonus for using their credit card and a bonus for using their search engine. I don't get the DVDs ahead of time anymore, but saving money is better than the ability to watch a movie 2 days before others.

Neil

saving money is better than the ability to watch a movie 2 days before others

Amen. I've never pre-ordered anything.

Jeff

Oh don't get me wrong. I still pre-order movies. I just don't get them early anymore.

Right now I have King Kong (1933), War of the Worlds (2005), Simpsons Season 7 (in a real box!) and Brady Bunch Season 4 on order.

Neil

On the day of release, loads of stores ruthlessly cut prices, in the true Capitalist spirit. For us in the UK, I can pretty much guarantee that Tesco will have it at many pounds less than most other places. I am waiting until release.

Nope, and I have no intention to buy it. It was worth seeing and left an impression, but in the end it's another Star Wars movie, and I don't have any of the others.

I've said this to my brother 1000 times, but one deciding factor can be an isolated score. If the new Shawshank and Gladiator 3 disc editions had an IS, I'd buy them, and even if this had one I'd consider it...

Sometimes it can be cheaper to go into a store and pick up the day it's released. At Wally World it's $15.87 with out tax. Not sure how much tax is in other states but here where I live it's 6.25%. So with tax would be $16.86.

However ordering online at Amazon/Borders even with pre-order...okay it's $15.98 a few cents more. However you can either choose to do the super saving shipping which will most likely take LONGER to get to your house, however you still got to pay shipping for it which would be probably $2-3 roughly....just a guestimate.

I guess it's just a matter of personal "taste" on what you want to do I suppose. I still would rather get the movie in the store.

I sometimes pre-order stuff as well if I don't plan on going to the store and getting it. I also still buy stuff from Amazon/Borders that I know stores won't carry it.

Again just a matter of personal "taste" of how you want to go about purchasing the item.