Upcoming scores of interest

Pieter Boelen

I had no idea Eno was attached to Lovely Bones. And it's good to see Gordon working again.

It's good to see Shire getting another (fairly) high-profile assignment. I would probably add to the list Mychael Danna's The Time Traveler's Wife, assuming that's released some time this year.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avatar's going to be very interesting

I'm looking forward to some splendid renditions of the danger motif.

I hear it's going to be a complete synth score.

Mikael Carlsson (of Music from the Movies, MovieScore Media, and Film Music Weekly) has posted his list of top 10 most anticipated scores of 2009. John Williams isn't on that list, so he must be a hater.

Burn him!

Star Trek is my most anticipated score since the last Star Wars. And yes, before anyone asks, that includes Indy 4.

I'm absolutely dying to hear STAR TREK - TNMP. Getting a new Trek album before the film comes out has always been a tradition (well, it would have been had the UK distribution on STFC not been absolutely awful.)

I am interested in Star Trek and G.I. Joe. All though I have no plans to see Star Trek but that's besides the point. I'll also check out Transformer 2's score and Wolf Man's score.

Oh no Harry Gregson-Williams is scoring X-Men Origins: Wolverine!? NOOO. I was hoping they'd get some better like Powell.

...it is nice to see that Elliot Goldenthal is getting some work.

Maybe then we'll get a simultaneous complete score release of a previous Mann/Goldenthal collaboration called "Heat". :huh:

I doubt it, but optimism never hurts. Well, it can, but that is besides the point here.

Nothing is beside the point on this message board. :huh:

Anyway, I think WB Records has made enough money off of their Dark Knight 2-disc set to consider rereleasing catalog titles as complete scores, and Chris Nolan cited "Heat" as one of his influences, so who knows...

If nothing happens, then I have the possibility of an isolated score on the Blu-ray to look forward to.

Oh no Harry Gregson-Williams is scoring X-Men Origins: Wolverine!? NOOO. I was hoping they'd get some better like Powell.

Spinoffs get lesser composers these days.

same thing,...both are banned from my itunes library

same thing,...both are banned from my itunes library

:huh:

Banned composers:

Harry Gregson Williams

John Powell

John Ottman

Klaus Badelt

Hans Zimmer

Steve Jablonsky

Not Banned:

Alexandre Desplat

Danio Marianelli

Edward Shearmur

Javier Navarrete

Michael Giacchino

I am not really looking forward to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", film or score. I will see it, of course, and I may buy the score, but my enthusiasm in the franchise has steadily waned after I saw the fifth film in theaters. Hopefully, though, Nicholas Hooper would have learned from his mistakes and provide a score closer to Williams' this time around.

The music in the theatrical Star Trek trailer ...is that specifically composed my Giacchino?.Because if it is I wasn't not too impressed

I am not really looking forward to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", film or score. I will see it, of course, and I may buy the score, but my enthusiasm in the franchise has steadily waned after I saw the fifth film in theaters. Hopefully, though, Nicholas Hooper would have learned from his mistakes and provide a score closer to Williams' this time around.

Why must the score be similiar to the first three? The film was very different, the score needed to change.

The music in the theatrical Star Trek trailer ...is that specifically composed my Giacchino?.Because if it is I wasn't not too impressed

No it's not.

My anticipated scores:

Morricone's Inglourious Basterds

Giacchino's Star Trek

Giacchino's Land Of The Lost

Giacchino's Lost: Season 5

Powell's Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

Powell's Green Zone

Gregson-Williams' Taking Of Pelham 123

Gregson-Williams' Wolverine

Zimmer's Angels & Demons

Howard's Duplicity

Desplat's Tree Of Life

Should be a good year.

No it's not.

Children of Dune, wasn't it?

Banned composers:

Harry Gregson Williams

John Powell

John Ottman

Klaus Badelt

Hans Zimmer

Steve Jablonsky

Not Banned:

Alexandre Desplat

Danio Marianelli

Edward Shearmur

Javier Navarrete

Michael Giacchino

Why would u ban John Powell?

No it's not.

Children of Dune, wasn't it?

Yes. Re-orchestrated a bit to beef it up.

Yes it actually sounds better than the original cue from the score and Children Of Dune is one of the few Tyler scores I like.

I like HGW quite a bit, so I'm interested to hear what it'll be like. He should do a collaboration with Nick Glennie again, like on CALL OF DUTY 4.

Um, Nick Glennie-Smith hasn't composed in awhile, he conducts and orchestrates nowadays. Stephen Barton and Harry Gregson-Williams did COD4. I hope Barton will return for Modern Warfare 2. For those who don't know who he is, he's Harry's little minion.

I like HGW quite a bit, so I'm interested to hear what it'll be like. He should do a collaboration with Nick Glennie again, like on CALL OF DUTY 4.

Um, Nick Glennie-Smith hasn't composed in awhile, he conducts and orchestrates nowadays. Stephen Barton and Harry Gregson-Williams did COD4. I hope Barton will return for Modern Warfare 2. For those who don't know who he is, he's Harry's little minion.

Um, I knew it was someone like that. Whoever he is, it was not bad.