Lost

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we supposed to post spoiler alerts or use invisotext in this thread? It would seem kind of needless, but in any case, spoiler alerts:

So, I'm thinking that Juliet may be still on the Others' side, and was left back to act as a double agent or something. And the same could even be true for Jack. Or not...you never really know. But I liked tonight's episode. The Juliet/Kate dynamic was fun to see, and the Sawyer subplot was a nice counterpoint to the heavier stuff. Next week looks good too!

Ray Barnsbury

Definitely Juliet is still with the Others. Whenever Sayid says something about them, or has a suspicion, he's always been right. Besides, if Juliet wasn't still with the Others, I wouldn't see how the plot could advance.

So it would appear the Others don't know what the smoke monster is. (it still sounds like a T-Rex). I don't trust Juliet either. It also appears the Lost universe is a small one, Kate meeting the lady Sawyer conned.

Anyone else notice that Kate's mom is Aunt Zelda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch? :blink:

Ray Barnsbury - not to sure if he likes the whole smoke monster plot

OH, yeah, I didn't notice it, but you're right, it's Aunt Zelda!

Still one of the Others or not, I like Juliet a lot. One of my favorite characters.

Given the way the show is going it wouldn't suprise me.

We haven't even gotten to Desmond's girlfriend and the two guys from the end of season 2.

I also really liked last night's episode. I'm glad that Jack is finally going back to the "good guys".

Where was Locke in last night's episode? Did I miss something?

Locke has gone off with the others. At least that's what he told Kate at the start of the episode.

I expect the show will jump back in time at some point to show what happened between Ben showing him what came out of that magic box to saying goodbye to Kate.

I guess we won't know until The Brig airs in early May, when we finally see Locke confront his dad (at least I gather as much from the next few episode summaries).

I always thought it was some sort of DHARMA experiment gone out of control.

Yeah, that's my guess, too. It's annoying, though, that after two years, when we're finally shown the ways of life the Others... it turns that half of the things the Others apparently did are done by someone else.

Could there be a third party involved?

Well, there was a rift between the DHARMA people and the Others (remember, the Others were referred to as "the hostiles" by the guy who was in the hatch with Desmond), so if any of them stayed in the island they are the third party. I reckon that this third party will eventually be an excuse for a "deus ex machina" and will tie a lot of knots very quickly at the end of the series. I don't know, I guess shifting the control of the island to this hypothetical group was a trick the writers used to buy themselves some more time, although the dynamic between them and the 815 people is proving to be the best aspect of a very solid season so far.

It also appears the Lost universe is a small one, Kate meeting the lady Sawyer conned.

After two years of flashbacking to the same stories and dragging them on for ever, they have to resort to the "wow" factor. I mean, if you ignore the coolness of that coincidence, Kate's flashback was a very lame filler in reality. All she did was go back home to check everything was as she thought it was, and then she went away.

But there were some thematic paralels with the island story that were emphasizing the Juliette/Kate stuff. But Cassidy being around for the entire episode felt a bit forced somehow. And yet I didn't have that problem with the Ana-Lucia/Christian Shephard connection in Two for the Road. Weird.

By now there should be more answers about the hatch.Why was it there?What was it built over?What actually happened when it blew up?Apparently The Others have no idea about that.

I think last season's finale has lead to a much more Others-oriented story then a DHARMA-oriented one for this year,

although there is a flashback to the seventies coming up in the tantalizingly titled The Man Behind the Curtain

I can't say I've really missed the hatch stuff so far, although I too would like to know more about the Incident and all that stuff connected with DHARMA and the hatch.

I'm not surprised more flashback connections are popping up, and I rather expect to see more like the recent one in the future. It seems these connections are at least part of the reason for this specific group of people ending up on the island, so I'd assume there's something more important behind them than simple split second chance meetings.

As for the Others... how were they supposed to "leave", and why would they have done that so suddenly? Seems more likely to me that they've just disappeared for a while and left Juliet as a spy.

It seems these connections are at least part of the reason for this specific group of people ending up on the island, so I'd assume there's something more important behind them than simple split second chance meetings.

No, Lindelof and Cuse once stated that it just happens, for no reason whatsoever. There isn't much to it really, not counting the fact that they influence each others lives.

Karol

They said it doesn't matter, so it doesn't, I guess. But then again there are some other connections thet seem important. I don't know...

Karol

But it seems everyone on the island, outside of the Others, has crossed paths with someone either on the flight or someone that person knew.

Are they going to play a part in the story or are they just there for the audience to enjoy and add to overloaded plot line?

That's what I'm wondering. Especially with the more major crossovers. I can see how something like Sayid meeting Kate's father or Locke meeting Nadia is just a little easter egg, but stuff like Kate hanging out with Cassidy and Claire being Jack's half-sister could have potential repercussions on the island.

Or Sayid being trained by the man who ending up saving Desmond from his shipwreck and now works for Dharma, well until Desmond accidently killed him.

are they just there for the audience to enjoy and add to overloaded plot line?

I think that is exactly what's it's all about.But you never know.

And as far as the ending is concerned, I think it will just stop. I wouldn't expect such thing as grand finale to all of this mess. But I hope they'll at least solve at least characters' personal arcs in a compelling way. Because Lost is not so much about "S-f/horror/adventure show that takes itself too seriously", but more of a "drama show that doesn't take itself too seriously". That's why I love it so much.

Karol, who is somewhat Goldsmithed lately ;)

I agree with the crocodile. Except for Jack's dad, of course. After all, he is not only the Shepard's dad, but also a Shepard himself.

You know, the whole Shepard/shepherd-sounding-alike thingy.

I kind of feel like even if Lost ends well, poeple will still not be satisfied. This coming from a guy that is really starting to get tired of the question build-up.

Good stuff, yes. I have a feeling Juliet's comment to Sayid and Sawyer, how "the last thing you need is more blood on your hands," has more significance than we might think.

Actually I wanted to put a sound clip of Peter Griffin doing his vocal suspense music after your original "blood on hands" post.

So we still don't know who the others really are.Juliet seems the only one "recruited" from the outside to help with a specific problem of the community.

I think there was a bunch of setups in that flashback that are going to come into play in the final episodes.

Plus it looks like we'll see what happened to Locke and why he's going with the Others and we are due for a flashback episode for Ben.

I think that this episode will play a great deal into the overall story-arc. I don't know about you, but I'm really starting to dislike Juliet. She is such a manipulator and liar. Hopefully she will redeem herself.

I wonder if the island intrinsic properties had something to do with the magnetic thing in the hatch.Now that it's destroyed maybe island properties will be changed