• Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • The Terminal
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    • Memoirs of a Geisha
    • Munich

In round one The Patriot was voted off, round two War of the Worlds, round three Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets so place your votes for the next to go!

Artificial Intelligence: A.I.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Minority Report

Catch Me If You Can

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The Terminal

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Memoirs of a Geisha

Munich

Again, REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE!

It's the votes in the POLL that count, not any comments. By all means - post comments, but your vote will only be counted if you vote on the actual poll.

The poll is open for 24 hours. My vote goes to Minority Report.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, dangit. I didn't read the post first. So I selected my favorite: Memoirs. I just think it was such a stretch for JW to compose in that Japanese style, while blending Western style as well.

Oh well, it's not like my poll error will make a difference. Minority Report is going to get voted off anyways.

~Tyler, who likes MR, and who will also read poll posts before voting....

^It's not that I have trouble seeing large red letters.

They weren't visible because one would have to scroll down to read the message. There's so many dang poll choices filling up like 2/3 of the screen.

Ah, dangit. I didn't read the post first.

Again, REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE!

This wan't big enough for ya?

obviously some one should go to the eye doctor

^It's not that I have trouble seeing large red letters.

They weren't visible because one would have to scroll down to read the message. There's so many dang poll choices filling up like 2/3 of the screen.

:)

:|

There like three score there that i haven't heard yet. Artificial Intelligence: A.I, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can. So I can't really vote properly in this... untill those three score are gone. All the other i have heard. Im just voting the ones i have heard and my least favourite. So according to ones i have heard i'll vote Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Why those polls are called "Best 21st Century Williams Score" and you ave to vote for the worst one? And how many rounds you need?

Looks like the same poll again and again. :|:)

Looks like the same poll again and again. :|  :)

That's because you obviously do not understand it's purpose.

Yeah it's the same poll again and again, since most people keep voting the same score in every poll.

The purpose doesn't need to be understood, since this poll serves no purpose.

I mean, yes, the most voted score is missing in the following poll, but starting a poll called "which is your favorite score among those" would have been faster and less confusing.

No Mirko.

every poll is a follow up of the last one, MINUS the score that was voted as least favorite in that previous poll.

So with every poll the choice is narrowed down, which will eventually lead to a single score remaining, which is the most popular score of the new century according to members of this MB.

It's an interesting approach.

Stefancos- who seems to have overestimated Mirko's intelligence, yet again.

Okay, move 'Fawke's Theme' and 'Chamber of Secrets' to Philosopher's Stone and I'll forget about it. ;-)

And The Flying Car. And Moaning Myrtle's haunting theme. That'll do it.

BTW Has anyone hear Jeremy Soule's score for the GOF game? It's very JW in COS mode - sweeping waltz for the main theme and some good motifs thrown in. I love games with symphonic scores.

Would it really matter if we just cut to the chase: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone versus Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith? You know it's going to be one of them.

Cerrabore - who has been sitting these polls out due to not having heard Minority Report :)

every poll is a follow up of the last one, MINUS the score that was voted as least favorite in that previous poll.

Which is exactly what I wrote before..."the most voted score is missing in the following poll"... :)

So with every poll the choice is narrowed down, which will eventually lead to a single score remaining, which is the most popular score of the new century according to members of this MB.

It's an interesting approach.

Yes, it's indeed interesting, but what I wanted to say before, it's that for many members this looks like the same poll, since a lot keep voting the same score (hoping that it's the winner).

Yes, it's indeed interesting, but what I wanted to say before, it's that for many members this looks like the same poll, since a lot keep voting the same score.

If it's any consolation, it'll be over in a week.

Tim

Potter II wasn't even completely written by williams.

I'm sure we've been here many times, but didn't Williams write all the original music, or am I mistaken?

Because of the sound quality, right?

Because few Williams scores bore me as much as this one does. It has a few nice cues, many overly cheesy ones, and the rest just doesn't do much for me so far.

Marian - who thinks he remembers working it really well in the movie though.

The CD says "All Music Composed by John Williams".

Of course the music was composed by Williams, but since every note comes from Philosopher's Stone (except for the couple of new cues), that's hardly a valid point.

It doesn't mean that it was Williams himself who conformed the music to picture.

Btw, voted for Minority Report.

The CD says "All Music Composed by John Williams".

Of course the music was composed by Williams, but since every note comes from Philosopher's Stone (except for the couple of new cues), that's hardly a valid point.

It doesn't mean that it was Williams himself who conformed the music to picture.

Btw, voted for Minority Report.

Pardon me, my bottle of scotch whiskey posted that one. Carry on.

Once again, my vote goes to AI.

AOTC, even without many themes and outstanding music, is leagues more interesting and emotional than A.I-went-to-sleep-while-listening.

Would it really matter if we just cut to the chase: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone versus Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith? You know it's going to be one of them.

I'm not so sure. It may very well be, but Munich is making a strong showing, as are several other scores.

What's with the hate for these polls? It's an interesting way of whittling away to find the best score of the 21st century.

What would be really interesting is, after these polls, we do a "Best Williams Score of..." each decade, and then, once winners are decided there, we pool all of the winners to find the best Williams score ever.