Best '90s Williams Score: Round Eighteen

robthehand

Which Is Your Least Favourite?  

74 members have voted

1. 1.

• Jurassic Park
    • The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

In round one Stanley & Iris was voted off, round two Sabrina, round three Stepmom, round four Presumed Innocent, round five Sleepers, round six Nixon, round seven Rosewood, round eight Schindler's List, round nine Amistad, round ten Saving Private Ryan, round eleven Angela's Ashes, round twelve Home Alone 2, round thirteen Hook, round fourteen JFK, round fifteen Seven Years In Tibet, round sixteen Far and Away, round seventeen Home Alone, so place your votes for the next to go!

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR LEAST FAVOURITE!!!!

Jurassic Park

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I vote Jurassic Park.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TLW isn't a great score.And ending up in the final trio is quite surprise.

The theme is great , all the other good stuff is from JP , yet sounding poorer here.

Besides, this round should be between dinos,whoever votes differently must

be joking...

For some reason I'm not getting the vote option on this poll!

I thought I was the only one! It happened the same to me last week. You load the page, and it looks like you've already voted, without having voted yet. :sigh:

Apart that, damn it's getting harder. I don't really have a favorite one...I like JP a bit more than TLW, but I just can't compare JP with TPM, both are great. I'm going to vote for TLW, which by the way remain very close to the other two IMO.

Mirko - quite surprised for the absence of Rob's mistakes. :spiny:

Jurassic Park. A fairly standard Williams score in terms of structure. Full orchestra, big themes, giant action cues. Of course this is just about as perfect this kind of score can get.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park. A flawed but ultimatley a far more unique and original entry into Williams filmography. I can't say there's been a Williams score quite like this one before or since.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. More of the standard Williams format (if you will) although moments of the score easily suceed both the previous entries here, there are along moments of uninteresting boredom.

Duel of The Fates is definatly the best cue of these three scores although unfortunatly the sum of it's parts doesn't equal JP or TLW.

The Phantom Menace, you are the weakest link.

Justin

Jurassic Park has some really nice themes and set pieces,but the second half of the album just plods.

The Lost World is pretty much over by Track 4

TPM has very interesting and intricate underscore in every cue,and tons of short moments that shine(Anakin Wins the Pod Race,The Pod Roars to Life,Arrival at Coruscant,Are You an Angel?...ect....plenty of others..DotF is actually my least interesting part of this score.Look at the way were obsessing about getting every note of it and editing game files to make a complete score,Would any of us waste our time on JP or TLW?.If it wasn't so good we wouldn't care about the UE.

K.M.Who thinks the only 2 Williams scores of the 90's that are brilliant from start to finish are Hook and TPM

TLW is the best of these, TPM is the least of these

Jurassic Park has some really nice themes and set pieces,but the second half of the album just plods.

Dennis Steals the Embryo, High-Wire Stunts, Jurassic Park Gate, Eye to Eye, T-Rex Rescue and Finale... all brilliant.

The Lost World is pretty much over by Track 4

The Trek, Rescuing Sarah, The Raptors Appear, Ludlow's Demise, Visitor in San Diego... all brilliant (and the other cues have some great material as well).

Look at the way were obsessing about getting every note of it and editing game files to make a complete score,Would any of us waste our time on JP or TLW?.If it wasn't so good we wouldn't care about the UE.

TPM is a longer score. Aside from that, I'd buy a complete JP in a heartbeat. TLW too, if someone tells me there's anything significant missing (I've only seen the movie once).

My favourite bit of TPM music is the frenzied piece for the Naboo escape. One of JW's most brilliant bits of recent years.

I'd buy a complete JP in a heartbeat. TLW too, if someone tells me there's anything significant missing (I've only seen the movie once).

The coolest part of Rescuing Sarah is left off the album, as is the cue right before it.

Anything else, anyone?

- Marc, who'd buy a complete JP and TLW in a heartbeat as well.

The bonus features on TLW DVD has a cleaner cut of Williams' music from Rescuing Sarah when both T-Rexes come out of the forest. That's one of my favorite parts of the cue.

-Mark, who's pretty sure this was discussed in another recent thread.

is the voting over, does that mean JP won,

if so, I can live with that. JP was the best score from 1993 anways,

Joe, who wants to see the Hills has Eyes.

Joe, who wants to see the Hills has Eyes.

Just saw a poster for that. Looks intriguing. (Although I have no clue what it is about.)

Justin

In order to have a proper "final showdown", I decided to run ONE FINAL tie breaker between the two scores that got equal votes this time - The Lost World and The Phantom Menace.